It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm thinking of becoming a Freemason.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jbarr

I've sat in Scottish and York Rite meetings with you many times. If you can guess who I am, I'll buy you a beer.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jbarr

Hey jbarr. Good to see you on this site.

If this is the same jbarr that I talk to on Masonic forums.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Founded by Aleister Crowley and continued by Jack Parsons of Nasa.

It is most certainly not bible. LoL

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

Founded by Aleister Crowley and continued by Jack Parsons of Nasa.

It is most certainly not bible. LoL

Neither Aleister Crowley nor Jack Parsons were members of the Order of the Eastern Star. And they certainly didn't found it. Parsons wasn't even a Freemason.

The Order of the Eastern Star was actually founded by Rob Morris in 1850 (25 years before Crowley's birth).

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Parsons was an active member of the California Agape Lodge of the sex magickal group Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO), and in letters addressed The Great Beast (Crowley) as "Most Beloved Father".

Okay I was wrong about it called order of eastern star but Jack Parsons was indeed and occultist.

www.youtube.com...

Crowley founded it after he was kicked out of the order of the golden dawn and returned from egypt.
edit on 25-7-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

Oh and most of the bible comes from summerian tales stemming from the worship of pagan gods and other astrotheology.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Yes, Crowley and Parsons worked together for a time in the O.T.O.

Interestingly, Parsons fell out of favor with Crowley due to his (Parsons) association with L. Ron Hubbard. Crowley wrote a letter to Karl Germer where he calls both Parsons and Hubbard "idiotic louts".

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Details, details.

Next thing you know, you'll be claiming Ted Kaczynski....no, Timothy McVeigh....no....ah, what is that evil guy's name anyway...is a Mason.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Details, details.

Next thing you know, you'll be claiming Ted Kaczynski....no, Timothy McVeigh....no....ah, what is that evil guy's name anyway...is a Mason.

Ordo Templi Orientis (O.T.O.) (Order of the Temple of the East, or the Order of Oriental Templars) my mistake for adding star to the end.

O.T.O. was described by Crowley as the "first of the great Old Æon orders to accept The Book of the Law". O.T.O. originally borrowed ritual material from irregular Masonic organizations,[8] and although some related symbolism and language remains in use, the context has changed to Thelema and its tenets.

True. At least I fessed up and correct my mistakes. Thanks for adding to the conversation.
I bet you still have not done any looking yet, just snide comments.

May your future be full of suprises. . . . .

Oh and still they are masons so whats your point?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Details, details.

Ordo Templi Orientis (O.T.O.) (Order of the Temple of the East, or the Order of Oriental Templars) my mistake for adding star to the end.

Seems to be a recurring theme of factual inconsistency here which if not pointed out, is taken forward as Gospel by those with less knowledge/interest in the topic.

O.T.O. was described by Crowley as the "first of the great Old Æon orders to accept The Book of the Law". O.T.O. originally borrowed ritual material from irregular Masonic organizations,[8] and although some related symbolism and language remains in use, the context has changed to Thelema and its tenets.

Operative word? Irregular. Any group of goofs can call themselves Masons and do stupid things that reflect badly on those who don't do stupid things and in the mind of the average person, they won't make the distinction between the goofs and the non-goofs, lumping them all in under the category of Mason. I'm sure Baptists feel the same way about the Westboro bunch and how non-Baptists lump them in together with the respectable ones.

True. At least I fessed up and correct my mistakes. Thanks for adding to the conversation.
I bet you still have not done any looking yet, just snide comments.

Your work is your work not mine.

May your future be full of suprises. . . . .

My present is quite full enough of them. I'm not sure my heart could stand too many more going forward.

Oh and still they are masons so whats your point?

Irregular ones. Big difference to the ones that people think of when the word "Mason" pops up.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

You realize that most of the negative views of freemasonry is from the lodges that play host to the political and economic elite. Not joe shmoe who decided he wants to start a freemason lodge and let people jump from 4-32nd degree in one sitting which totally undermines the point of experiencing and understanding the mysteries.

The Masonic practice are derived from old magik practices, making masonry irregular magik. and many of the symbols used in masonry are older than that (see ecuador all seeing eye pyramid).

I get it not all masons are bad but they tend to be the ones that know little to nothing at all about the history of the practices or its members. Besides masons are known historically for being involved in bloody conspiracies (founding fathers of america also).

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

...(see ecuador all seeing eye pyramid).

That pyramid has no supporting evidence to back up the claims of its alleged age. If you have some I would like to see it.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Okay okay. Then the pyrimid at giza. . . . . those are backed up right? and they looked pretty old when I went to visit.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

You realize that most of the negative views of freemasonry is from the lodges that play host to the political and economic elite.

Pour example? And P2 doesn't count. Be original. Go deep!

Not joe shmoe who decided he wants to start a freemason lodge and let people jump from 4-32nd degree in one sitting which totally undermines the point of experiencing and understanding the mysteries.

Uh...you do realise that that's one branch of Freemasonry only and I'll give you one guess which side rite it is.

The Masonic practice are derived from old magik practices, making masonry irregular magik. and many of the symbols used in masonry are older than that (see ecuador all seeing eye pyramid).

Do tell. Tell me what rite and degree I get to do magik? This'll be exciting!

I get it not all masons are bad but they tend to be the ones that know little to nothing at all about the history of the practices or its members.

Pour example?

Besides masons are known historically for being involved in bloody conspiracies (founding fathers of america also).

Uh....as a Yank, you must know that only 14 or your 43 founding fathers were Masons, eh? Less than a third. What's the excuse for bloody conspiracy for the 2/3 majority? Wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I suggest a good place for you to start is a little book by Cisero called Introduction to the Order of the Golden Dawn. It will give you a good start as to the nature of magik.

See Hermes Tris Magistus and the Corpus Hermeticum (ie the 42 referred to in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

So you admit that they are freemason lodges. . . . but they don't count? Why exactly?

So 1/3 were masons that conspired to start the revolutionary war but they don't count because 2/3 were not? What is the break down of the other 2/3? If one single group doesn't make up at least half of the rest that would make Masons the majority.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Okay okay. Then the pyrimid at giza. . . . . those are backed up right? and they looked pretty old when I went to visit.

The Giza Pyramids do not have an eye carved in them.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I suggest a good place for you to start is a little book by Cisero called Introduction to the Order of the Golden Dawn. It will give you a good start as to the nature of magik.

Do you mean Self-Initiation into the Golden Dawn Tradition or The Essential Golden Dawn by Tabatha Cicero?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Its truncated the all seeing eye of horus (the other poked out by set) that the golden top cap represented.

That is why there are huge paintings of one eye (of providence) all over egypt right?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

The Essential Golden Dawn

2nd

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

So you admit that they are freemason lodges. . . . but they don't count? Why exactly?

They? They who? Irregular lodges? They can call themselves whatever they want. Regular freemasonry doesn't have a trademark on the phrase. But they don't count precisely because they're irregular, doing things in irregular ways and raising questions about what it is that regular Masons do.

So 1/3 were masons that conspired to start the revolutionary war but they don't count because 2/3 were not?

They weren't the majority ergo the majority of the nucleus of U.S. founding fathers were not Masons and as such that makes Masonry of no relevance in the argument.

What is the break down of the other 2/3?

Dunno. Don't care. Not a Yank. Not Masons is all I know and that's just from reading

If one single group doesn't make up at least half of the rest that would make Masons the majority.

You must be British because only a Brit or a Canuck would reference first-past-the-post elections as an argument that Masons made up the majority of the U.S. founding fathers.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Its truncated the all seeing eye of horus (the other poked out by set) that the golden top cap represented.

That is why there are huge paintings of one eye (of providence) all over egypt right?

Firstly, there is no evidence that the Egyptians used a gold cap stone, particularly Khufu's pyramid which has a perimeter of 30' square where the cap would be located.

Secondly, the other pyramids at the Giza site have capstones.

Thirdly, you are seeing the pyramids in the present day without their limestone casings. Why would this alleged Ecudorian pyramid have a design dissimilar (no casing) to the Egyptian ones if it somehow predated them?

I am still waiting for a link to any source you may have that supports the claims made by the pyramids 'discoverer'.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join