It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm thinking of becoming a Freemason.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Because of the drop in numbers, Freemasionry in many chapters has become walk in and sign up.
Usually you talk to the lodge leader , he invites you to one of the meetings , you must have a belief in a devine power. (doesn't matter what religon)
Then it goes from there.
It basically has become a gentlemans club now in many areas.

Thank you Dan Brown

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

No one ever said they weren't oh so gracious to provide for chairty events. I think the whole freemasonry thing is just a front anyways with all their ignorant followers. The Masons that are really running the show are never mentioned not EVER! What would the world do if they knew who they were and what kinds of things these individuals talk about and want to see happen to the world and its people as we know it?????? WHAT???? Disinfo among other things is why they are still allowed to play the field in the ways they have been playing it.
edit on 14-7-2011 by iLoGiCViZiOnS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS

No one ever said they weren't oh so gracious to provide for chairty events. I think the whole freemasonry thing is just a front anyways with all their ignorant followers. The Masons that are really running the show are never mentioned not EVER! What would the world do if they knew who they were and what kinds of things these individuals talk about and want to see happen to the world and its people as we know it?????? WHAT???? Disinfo among other things is why they are still allowed to play the field in the ways they have been playing it.

that is a very fair point of view, BUT there is no reason why, none of us, as lower class, normal 9to 5 ers can't contribute to helping and raising money for charitable causes. The more i think about it , i wish i had had the balls to try and join the masonic order, i couldn't give a flying duck about what the upper echelons's agenda is, I myself want to help those that are less fortunate than me. So be it if the higher highers have an agenda, at least the things i could do might help those that need it.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
2be1ask1

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Nothing against you personally of course, but I see this as an eventual disaster. Here, and in other jurisdictions I'm familiar with, the Treasurer writes the checks, which are countersigned by the Master. The Master could not cash or write a check without the Treasurer's signature, and the Treasurer cannot write a check without a voucher from the Secretary.

Is the voucher system not used in NJ? The Treasurer is not required to sign the checks?

The Master can order the dispersal of funds independently for whatever purpose as long as he does not entertain a motion. Once a motion is entertained it needs to be voted upon. Now, there is nothing to stop the Secretary and Treasurer from disobeying but then that becomes another issue. In New Jeresy the Master's authority is absolute in the Lodge even to the point of not granting addmission to the Grand Master if he so chooses (another potentially bad move).

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Our Blue Lodge can't have booze, except if the GM waives the edict. Our other bodies are allowed to use alcohol even in the Lodge building.

reply to post by Masonic Light

My Lodge is similar, but the Master can spend up to $250 and the SW heads the Finance Committee.

reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

We're not "at the mercy" really of anyone as it is a volunteer organization, but yes like any structured organization, there is a leader. Though his authority must stay within the confines of the constitution and by-laws of the body (this goes for all Masonic organizations).

I'm just curious to know which politicians are Masons and have shown extreme corruption. I am curious, I know we have discussed and condemned some of the actions of Charles Rangel. Freemasonry isn't just for followers, one can step up to leadership role if one desires to. I desired to and moved up quickly through the Lodge chairs.

reply to post by GrinchNoMore

Lodge dues vary from Lodge to Lodge. Some of the dues goes to paying Grand Lodge per capita fees and the rest is put into the Lodge bank accounts to be used as needed. Sometimes people leave some money or inheritance to he Lodge; my Lodge was given a house that we eventually sold and for which reason my Lodge is fairly well off financially wise. We also hold fund raiders and so on.

Masons are taught to help all who are in need, not just Masons. Nor do our charities discriminate on the basis of Masonic membership.

Our time has not come. Masonry is actually getting many new, younger members. Freemasonry has existed for centuries and will continue to do so.

I had a talk with someone on another forum on what he called a "secret inner core". This is my post back to him:

I've also explained there is no secret inner core of Freemasonry. Our legislative, electoral, judicial, voting members, and committees on jurisprudence prohibit un-democratic and unconstitutional decisions from being made or umMasonic activities from being conducted without consent.

He talks about how we're Satanists and so forth this secret level, and that they continually infiltrate and control us. Again, my response:

Let's say some Satanists, occultists, or Illuminatists wanted to infiltrate Freemasonry. They couldn't force through any hinge without permission of the voting members. 

Let's say they get enough votes at a Grand Lodge to pass something. Well this change only effects that particular Grand Lodge and no one else as every Grand Lodge is sovereign and independent. Depending on that change other Grand Lodges may drop amity (recognition) with them and they would be exiled, ostracized; look at the current state of the GLNF. 

Let's say they say f*** the Blue Lodge and go to one of the appendant bodies such as the Scottish Rite. They still must overcome the problem of getting the votes from the delegates and voting members, but let's say they do. Whatever decision the Supreme Council makes only effects the Scottish Rite, it doesn't have authority over the Blue Lodge or any other appendant body, and cannot effect them [non-members] with their own legislative (or even non-legislative and corrupt) decisions. Again, if those decisions go against the traditional beliefs the Grand Lodges will pull recognition and not allow their members to hold membership with them. 

Now let's say they say f*** the system, f*** recognition, we'll go underground. Let's say they form this secret inner core. Whatever decisions or changes they try to enact still have to go through the leadership, jurisprudence, and the voting members. Freemasonry is far too decentralized, with too many moving parts, and too many variables. Whatever this secret inner core is it does not exist in Freemasonry.

edit on 14-7-2011 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
The Master can order the dispersal of funds independently for whatever purpose as long as he does not entertain a motion. Once a motion is entertained it needs to be voted upon. Now, there is nothing to stop the Secretary and Treasurer from disobeying but then that becomes another issue. In New Jeresy the Master's authority is absolute in the Lodge even to the point of not granting addmission to the Grand Master if he so chooses (another potentially bad move).

As someone interested in Masonic jurisprudence, I find that fascinating. I realize, of course, that not all Grand Lodges have officially adopted Mackey's Landmarks, but most comply with them anyway. One of them states that the Grand Master has the right to preside over any assembly of Freemasons at his own desire. In most jurisdictions, when the Grand Master knocks at the door for reception, he "demands" admission.

Also, in most openings and closings, the Treasurer, when reciting his duties, includes something like "to receive all monies from the Secretary, and pay them out by order of the Worshipful Master, with consent of the Lodge."

Has there ever arisen any problems in your jurisdiction stemming from the Master's control of funds, or refusal to admit the Grand Master?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Not until i feel i'm worthy enough. And before any one else jumps in,,, creed,colour,race doesn't mean anything to me. I am not someone that deserves the honour to join the Masons. When i believe its the right time, then yes, but i have to prove it to myself first.AS IN TO MYSELF. Once i know that, then who knows, i might try. My main goal though is trying to get into the TA.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Saurus

Haha, Freemasons must be slack in Australia because my mate became one and had been done for stealing/crashing a car, and I was 'invited' to join.

2 rules broken.

You wouldn't get past the front door in my Lodge.
.......you wouldn't be "invited".

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimsonred

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS

that is a very fair point of view, BUT there is no reason why, none of us, as lower class, normal 9to 5 ers can't contribute to helping and raising money for charitable causes. The more i think about it , i wish i had had the balls to try and join the masonic order, i couldn't give a flying duck about what the upper echelons's agenda is, I myself want to help those that are less fortunate than me. So be it if the higher highers have an agenda, at least the things i could do might help those that need it.

I am like you in the sense of lets cut the crap and who cares who is helping as long as they are helping right? Think I care if some mafia thug wants to help feed the hungry? NO........but what we are actually talking about here is much bigger. I am talking about old money not new money......Republicans for the most part represent the ones I am talking about here and for the most part many are directly involved with masonry themselves. These are the ones making decisions everyday that effect not just me but you and all your little neighbor friends. Not educating the public meaning the normal 9-5 guy or girl so that they to can have a little something, a crumb even. You help people? That's great but what if you had the power to literally change lives. Meaning anyone who wants an education can get one???? Some people are tired of their handouts and want an opportunity to get it themselves. I'm not talking about giving the guy a carrot I am talking about teaching him how to get it himself.......but oh no truth is they are scared that if word gets out how to get the little golden carrot then there won't be enough to go around, but thats lies because if we grow our own carrot and we eat it ourselves then how do you figure??????

Do get what I am sayin here?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

I had a talk with someone on another forum on what he called a "secret inner core". This is my post back to him:

I've also explained there is no secret inner core of Freemasonry. Our legislative, electoral, judicial, voting members, and committees on jurisprudence prohibit un-democratic and unconstitutional decisions from being made or umMasonic activities from being conducted without consent.

He talks about how we're Satanists and so forth this secret level, and that they continually infiltrate and control us. Again, my response:

Let's say some Satanists, occultists, or Illuminatists wanted to infiltrate Freemasonry. They couldn't force through any hinge without permission of the voting members. 

Let's say they get enough votes at a Grand Lodge to pass something. Well this change only effects that particular Grand Lodge and no one else as every Grand Lodge is sovereign and independent. Depending on that change other Grand Lodges may drop amity (recognition) with them and they would be exiled, ostracized; look at the current state of the GLNF. 

Let's say they say f*** the Blue Lodge and go to one of the appendant bodies such as the Scottish Rite. They still must overcome the problem of getting the votes from the delegates and voting members, but let's say they do. Whatever decision the Supreme Council makes only effects the Scottish Rite, it doesn't have authority over the Blue Lodge or any other appendant body, and cannot effect them [non-members] with their own legislative (or even non-legislative and corrupt) decisions. Again, if those decisions go against the traditional beliefs the Grand Lodges will pull recognition and not allow their members to hold membership with them. 

Now let's say they say f*** the system, f*** recognition, we'll go underground. Let's say they form this secret inner core. Whatever decisions or changes they try to enact still have to go through the leadership, jurisprudence, and the voting members. Freemasonry is far too decentralized, with too many moving parts, and too many variables. Whatever this secret inner core is it does not exist in Freemasonry.

edit on 14-7-2011 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

Look if your trying to say that Freemasonry doesn't work how every other organization/religion works then get outta here cuz I am not buyin what your sellin.........anyone knows anything about how organizations and businesses are run can see through your smoke and mirrors and your rhetoric.

Your just a follower anyways and I would be wasting my mind and my internet breath on trying to explain the bigger picture of Masonry. There is a lot that can be learned from Masonry, but nothing that can't be learned with a little study and practice if one were so inclined. However what the Masons know far better then anyone else is how important it is to have followers such as yourself within the group and to establish itself firmly as legit. You were right about the moving parts and too many variables though........where do you people think the politicians get that from? Can't point the finger at anyone unless you know where to point it and that is how it has remained until present day with the Masons.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Nothing against you personally of course, but I see this as an eventual disaster. Here, and in other jurisdictions I'm familiar with, the Treasurer writes the checks, which are countersigned by the Master. The Master could not cash or write a check without the Treasurer's signature, and the Treasurer cannot write a check without a voucher from the Secretary.

Is the voucher system not used in NJ? The Treasurer is not required to sign the checks?

In South Africa, most lodges require three signatories to sign the cheques. All three have to sign the cheque in order for it to be valid. This is usually the WM, treasurer and a warden.

However, in theory, the WM could command the others to sign the cheques, and this is so in all the South African UGLE lodges that I know of.

In practice, though, in my jurisdiction, the way it works is that the committee meets once a month to make recommendations which the WM then either approves or rejects.

Of course, as per the book of constitutions, the WM (or treasurer) could be removed from office at any time by a vote from the members, and therein lies the safety. (WM and treasurer are voted in, other officers are appointed.)

One of them states that the Grand Master has the right to preside over any assembly of Freemasons at his own desire. In most jurisdictions, when the Grand Master knocks at the door for reception, he "demands" admission.

In my Jurisdiction, on nights of installation, any District Grand Officer who will be presiding over an installation "demands" admission. Perhaps this is because he has been delegated to do the installation by the GM, and acts on his authority. Anyway, it is interesting that the GM's right extends to his officers.

However, at regular meetings (as opposed to installation meetings), Grand Officers usually simply request admission, while the GM always demands admission.

In New Jeresy the Master's authority is absolute in the Lodge even to the point of not granting addmission to the Grand Master if he so chooses (another potentially bad move).

This is also true of UGLE, except...

The WM's obligation at his installation includes that he must respect the authority of the GM. If he refuses to accept this in his obligation, he cannot become WM.

This is the solution to that UGLE has found around the problem of the conflict between the absolute right of the WM over his Lodge and the right of the GM to preside over any regular meeting.

Doesn't your WM's obligation also have this?

Has there ever arisen any problems in your jurisdiction stemming from the Master's control of funds, or refusal to admit the Grand Master?

Not that I know of.

edit on 15/7/2011 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
Most mason's seem to be ok, but they are also very tight-lipped about certain things, for instance questioning 9/11

Many of my Mason friends believe there was some sort of cover-up in 9/11.

Don't you find it strange that most of the US-based conspiracies on this site comes at a period AFTER the last Mason president, Gerald Ford.

I think the problem is that Masons are no longer in the government and therefore can no longer control all the rubbish that's been happening over the last few years.

I wonder where all this money the Lodge has comes from if its only 75 bucks a year.

Our meals and drinks are paid for by a raffle which we have at each dinner. Next to the bar, there is a glass where anyone can put in a few bucks should they so wish.

We do have fund-raising events (such as golf days, for example) to raise money for the lodge. For these events, we invite other lodges, and the participants pay an entry fee.

I do realize that masonry in general does not help anyone but itself and therefore i never joined...

In general it would appear that organizations like this are as any other group or religion, they certainly are not going to "help" anything.

This is completely wrong. My Jurisdiction alone gives over $1 million ever year to non-masonic charities.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

edit on 15/7/2011 by Saurus because: Deleted - double post!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
edit on 15/7/2011 by Saurus because: Deleted - triple post!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Never acknowledge Christ or redemption, and then this times 50 for just the first level with a noose around your neck:

www.youtube.com...

Each level has more intense, threatening rituals, some are downright gruesome. Drinking the wine out of the skull head is just downright sick. All the while you must be agreeing to a method of dying if you share the secrets, though I really don't think they have any secrets anymore, especially the American lodges, the brits and the rite might have a few, but I doubt it
edit on 7/15/2011 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by whenandwhere
As Master of my lodge , I can not spend one red cent without approval of the Craft . As a matter of fact , no one has that authority . Every dollar spent is brought to the floor of the lodge for approval.

This is not true in my jurisdiction. I could spend every penny the lodge has without any approval from the membership. It is obviously not a smart tact to take so expenses are typically brought up for motions (which do not have to be entertained) and votes.

Actually my Brother , I miss spoke . As Master I can not spend money on trivial matters such as dinners and other activities . I do have the authority to approve money to be spent on emergencies that arise between meetings such as a busted water line , electrical problems , damaged roof , heating/AC problems etc; etc; . In other words I can approve lodge funds to be spent on repairs to the building . But I still consult with all my officers and my building committee before I give my approval , as this is not a decision I would make alone .

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by whenandwhere

Actually my Brother , I miss spoke . As Master I can not spend money on trivial matters such as dinners and other activities . I do have the authority to approve money to be spent on emergencies that arise between meetings such as a busted water line , electrical problems , damaged roof , heating/AC problems etc; etc; . In other words I can approve lodge funds to be spent on repairs to the building . But I still consult with all my officers and my building committee before I give my approval , as this is not a decision I would make alone .

That's sort of the way it is here. In case of emergency, while Lodge is not in session, a majority of the Finance Committee can approve expenditures of greater than $100, and the Committee On Charity can do the same thing. All such actions are required to be reported to the Lodge at the next ensuing regular communication.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Actually our WM has that power also. The Secretary initiates a request for an emergency expenditure, the WM approves it, and the Treasurer signs the check and pays it.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch
Never acknowledge Christ or redemption, and then this times 50 for just the first level with a noose around your neck:

www.youtube.com...

Each level has more intense, threatening rituals, some are downright gruesome. Drinking the wine out of the skull head is just downright sick. All the while you must be agreeing to a method of dying if you share the secrets, though I really don't think they have any secrets anymore, especially the American lodges, the brits and the rite might have a few, but I doubt it
edit on 7/15/2011 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

You never acknowledge Christ or redemption, because it is irrelavent and has nothing to do with the degree work. You are given a couple of opportunites to pray, and if Christ is your Lord, then feel free to pray to him. The degree work has nothing to do with any specific religious doctrine, so there is no reason to acknowledge any specific religious doctrine.
You are never asked to reject or ignore any religious belief, and in fact you are given the assurance several times that nothing you will do or learn will interfere with any of your morals or beliefs, and you are asked repeatedly if you are still willing to proceed.

The threatening and gruesome rituals are just words. There is no skull at my Lodge, although I have seen some skulls at other Lodges. There is no wine allowed on the Lodge grounds in Florida ever. You do agree to some gruesome methods of death if you spill the secrets, but obviously we don't follow through on that, and once you make it through all 3 degrees the reasoning for the methods makes sense. Some of it seems silly until you complete all 3 degrees, and then it comes together and makes sense.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join