It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputy Charged In Breaking Of Teen's Jaw while he was strapped to a guerney

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
www.thedenverchannel.com...
This is the second story like this I have come across today. This MUST stop! The police overall are becoming much to agressive. This kid was strapped down and posed no threat whatsoever. The Deputy hits him and breaks his jaw and turns to the ambulance driver and says "nobody saw nothing, right?" NO ONE is above the law, especially the police.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Police apologists in 3..2...1.....

I think I'm becoming desensitized to this stuff, not too long ago at all I would get extremely angry. Now I just kind of expect to see this type of story posted up on ATS.

Still mad though. The fact they usually get away with their crimes is the worst, if it's just a normal person doing this stuff it's bad enough, but a copper who is supposed to uphold the law, and usually gets a slap on the wrist at most, eventually they will get what's coming to them.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

well, he is getting his now, right?

cops can and do get prosecuted when caught.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

You said it, When caught!.

All too often they cover each others backsides instead of doing the right thing or telling the truth, kind of says it all really.

The day will come when decent police officers have to make a choice on protecting the public they are sworn to serve or the manipulators, hopefully most will realise they are human and all these things that the system is doing is going to also impact upon them and their families.

I dont think that many corporate officers now have the intelligence to see it though.
Another reason they dont want intelligent offficers, they want people to follow orders fullstop.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The fact that this guy is a cop is irrelevant. He sounds like the type of guy that kicks puppies in his spare time or pulls the wings off flies.

I bet he would clocked this kid had he not been a cop and just been walking through a hospital or something. It's good to see him getting charged for it though.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

The fact that this guy is a cop is irrelevant. He sounds like the type of guy that kicks puppies in his spare time or pulls the wings off flies.
I find that most cops have at least one or two psychological issues. Their job puts them under a lot of stress but doesn't provide many outlets or help for dealing with that pressure. I don't know many cops with a sincerely friendly and warm personality, the job has turned them into bitter brutes. Though a lot of cops were always brutes and bullies.

*checks watch* ...it seems I have some spare time on my hands. I'm off to kick some puppies.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I'm very curious how you find that most cops have 1 or 2 issues.

Have you interviewed all the cops in the nation or heard of such studies done or is this based on your experience with just a few individuals that you are extrapolating to the entire national police force?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

It's just broad guess really, but I'm very confident I'm not wrong. I've dealt with a lot of cops in my time, I like to think I understand them a little better than most people. Some cops are mentally sound people, but a lot of them suffer from deeper issues that might not be immediately obvious. There are things a cop has to deal with that no person should really have to deal with, basic logic dictates a high percentage of police officers will suffer mental problems if they don't get the right support, and they rarely ever get the right support.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

the fact that someone like him can become a cop invalidates your argument. puppy punting and donuts, classic combination.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I read the link and noticed that the only mention towards the victim on this was that he was an 'unruly 15 year old'.
Now, the action of the cop on this was totally wrong, BUT once again you are only being fed less than half a story here. The incident occured at a house party that got out of control, automatically, you can deduce that there was fighting, very high tension levels and of course a lot of bad language. Obviously the police wouldnt have been called if it was just a few heated words.
So the police arrive, most probably after a complaint was made , they arrive to do their job, restore calm/ order and make the place safer for the rest of the citizens that are not involved in this disturbance. Now, we dont know what the situation was as regards to specifics, we also don't know what this 15 year old was involved in doing ( was he involved in the fighting, had there been any injuries , was he /had he used a weapon etc) but i remember being a cheeky youth and we used to give the police a few 'chops'- so i think its fair to say this lad wasnt going quietly. along with this he was most probably cussing and slagging off the police officers giving it the usual 'i know my rights' crap that everyone seems to say these days. So this will have raised tension levels even higher for the officers. Now, what if the youths comments were then of a more directed personal nature, ie, if the police officers family/ wife/ mother were being insulted to a high degree, or if the insults were racist in nature? Also, was the youth just lying on that gurney, not saying anything? doubt it, i bet he was chopping off like nobodies business giving it the 'big i am'
Think of the tension levels and adrenaline levels now? If someone chopped off to me about any of those things and wouldnt stop, then i'm sorry but i'd give them a slap and wouldnt apologise either. (I wouldnt have done it if the person was handcuffed mind).
So now the situation becomes a little clearer- just because you read something, don't automatically jump to conclusions and demonise someone.The paper/ reports did not state what the incident was, how many people were involved, why the youth was handcuffed in the first place, what level of hostility was shown to the police officers or what interaction this officer and offender /victim had had during the course of the incident.
I have no real love for the police myself, but they do a good job on the whole, they protect those that need it, and ok, they over react on occasions, but sometimes they react in response to the situation. on this occasion, an over reaction.
edit on 14-7-2011 by crimsonred because: modification to text

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Not at all... The cop should be charged and hopefully will be found guilty and sentenced to jail. Someone who is restrained or are in handcuffs has their safety assumed by the party who did it. It is irrelevant if the kid was drunk or unruly at the party, or even in the back of the ambulance. The actions taken by EMS removed the threat, which means the deputy had absolutely no grounds at all to touch the kid.

Normally I would present law enforcement side of the story, but there is nothing here that is acceptable or within law or policy.

Unless the handcuffed person is behaving in a manner that poses grave bodily harm / potential of death, there is not justification or defense for the hit.

In this case the cop is a friggen moron.

edit on 14-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
Police apologists in 3..2...1.....

Blanket stereotyping of all cops in 3......2.......1........

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Strap down that pig & let the kid rain down on it.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Because they do. There's no assumptions or guessing about it.

RPI Psychological study of police

Not only are the traits common they are actively sought out and fostered.

Joel Lefkowitz has identified two personality trait clusters which commonly appear in police officers.

Cluster 1 : isolation & secrecy, defensiveness and suspiciousness, and cynicism.

Suspiciousness and Cynicism increase with experience on the job.

Police feel misunderstood by the "civilians"

Lefkowitz refers to their situation as "socio-occupational isolation".

Cluster 2 : authoritarianism, status concerns, and violence.

Authoritarianism : identification w/ and submissiveness to authority, intolerance of minorities, rejection of anything abnormal, high pressure for conformity.

They are also more likely to self-medicate and experience emotional turmoil than non police
milestonegroupnj.com...

The entire spectrum of the field is rife with psychosis.
edit on 14-7-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I think that Cops should get Hazed by other Police Officers when they screw up big time like this.

Just like in the Military, its always those same guys that keep screwing it up for everyone, and when that happens everyone gets in trouble.
But that only lasts so long....after a while, people stop making careless mistakes because they dont want to get their asses beat late at night by the other troops when everyone else is sleeping.
They LEARN FAST not to do it again.

So yea, lets bring back Hazing.

edit on 14-7-2011 by Common Good because: blahski

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
lets see a grown man hitting a strapped down teenager would make you just about the biggest p#ssy eva the only way you top that is to do so while a police officer! what a pathetic loser cop.

i hope the cop gets maximum penalty allowed !

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
How proud you must be of those boys and gals in blue that protect you america.
Well,,,,, at least you can sleep safe tonight knowing that there is one more teen strapped and bashed on a bed that cant disturb your sleep.
Goodnight and God bless america

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by crimsonred

...and its probably also a good idea to do a little research too.

Like in this case where in the article below it says...

Adams County Deputy Charged For Assaulting Teen, Attempted Coverup

According to court documents, the incident occurred June 12 at a sheriff’s substation. Three ambulance attendants were preparing to transport a drunk teenager to a hospital for further evaluation. The teen was being belligerent and refusing to answer questions. Both his hands and feet were restrained. “Dep. Morrow entered the ambulance and struck (the victim) in the mouth with a closed fist,” according to an affidavit.

So it wasn't a heat of the moment thing at the house. The kid was already in custody, at the police substation and was restrained in the ambulance. He posed no threat to anyone at this point.

It was actually the ambulance crew that reported him first. The boy's mother also reported the incident a few days later as well.

At the time the deputy told his sergeant

The affidavit says Morrow told his sergeant “he had a terrible lapse of judgment and did something bad.” Morrow told his superior officer he “lost his temper and hit the juvenile in the face.”

But of course now he's singing a different tune...

In a phone conversation with CBS4 Morrow said “the rumors going around are completely false.” Morrow declined to provide further comment

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Thanks for the links that's what I was asking for.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
How proud you must be of those boys and gals in blue that protect you america.
Well,,,,, at least you can sleep safe tonight knowing that there is one more teen strapped and bashed on a bed that cant disturb your sleep.
Goodnight and God bless america

This uninformed and woefully inaccurate characterization brought to you by Presstv.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join