It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Sun! A dark unknown material emission from the sun.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

As remarkable as the June 7th eruption seems to be, Young says it might not be so rare. "In fact," he says, "it might be downright common."

As they have more and more devices monitoring what is going on, no doubt we will see lots of new things discussed. I'd imagine the same as the person in the article said, these are not rare, just previously unobserved.

There is nothing new anyway, just newly observed.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

It is nothing new huh, and what proof do you have of that if it wasn't observed,

Classic BS Western Science moments here,, personally i don't believe anything a scientist tells me anymore, they are as brainwashed and loony as it can get.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Arken, I don't agree with you even though I am a Christian.

I also don't agree with the bigoted attacks against your beliefs.

It is your thread and you picked the topic. If they don't like your topic, it is clearly not your problem. They are trying to goad you into a childish argument. Ignore it.

Christian haters are out of control here and its sad it is getting so bad. We all have a right to our beliefs and to express them. These clowns only believe in free speech if they control the speech. Playground Bullies only shame themselves and make themselves look like fools. No rational adult buys into that childish behavior and as for the haters, if they did not hate Christians, they would find some other group to attack. It's a self-esteem issue.

I may disagree with you, but I'm an adult and don't need to join in with that crowd.

I do think you are on a wrong path and misunderstanding the prose. But then, I don't know any more than anyone else does.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore

It is nothing new huh, and what proof do you have of that if it wasn't observed,

Classic BS Western Science moments here,, personally i don't believe anything a scientist tells me anymore, they are as brainwashed and loony as it can get.

Too much coffee today? Being a Troll is not a badge of honor it is something to be ashamed of in fact. Adults can control their emotions and engage in debate without resorting to trollish behavior. Some never do become adults however, even in old age.

What is "Western Science"

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

You just stated as did Phage that you could not see these things before, and somehow you claim that these things happened before you could even see they were happening ???

Troll is what you are all about, trolling for drolling.

I am talking about scientists, the noobs who only believe in the theories they are taught, you know, the ones who are told how to think, what to say, how to answer.

And when new things come along they just explain it away , reminds me of Christians in telling me how its "all about the context".

Well, the context of modern science seems to be "nothing new here" we just didn't look for this before, we understand everything pretty much,, if our theories are proven wrong we do not tell anyone that, we just change the parameters and continue embracing ignorance about... literally everything.

It is all theory with this kind of science and thought, yet you tell it like there are actually some facts involved.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore

Yeah, look, they created microwaves and cell phones. How crazy!

On topic: Very cool find, but yeah, but we are still talking millions of degrees hot!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Anyone know if elenin was near the sun when this happened?
Has it affected out magnetic poles?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Your biblical quote describes a volcanic explosion, people back then wanted to understand nature so they made up all this "invisible voyeur in the sky that watches you poop" stories to ease their own fears. I thought we are supposed to deny ignorance here. Religous quotes should be banned from this website, there are other places to spew this ignorance.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corker
reply to post by Arken

Your biblical quote describes a volcanic explosion, people back then wanted to understand nature so they made up all this "invisible voyeur in the sky that watches you poop" stories to ease their own fears. I thought we are supposed to deny ignorance here. Religous quotes should be banned from this website, there are other places to spew this ignorance.

And I assume by your post that you were present "back then" to know that these people wanted to understand nature? Although I may not agree with the OP, your statement couldn't be further from the truth. People "back then" had an understanding of nature far superior to that of the average earth dweller of today. They had nothing else but nature. No TV, no computer, no internet, NOTHING...they sat around and studied nature all day. And before you ask... I was not there to prove this. I base my statement on decades of archeological finds.
Just because you may not be religious really doesn't give you the right to call someone else ignorant for being religious.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The moon has already turned red, and the Sun will turn black when Nibiru moves in front of it.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Nice Biblical reference... like Obama walking out on the *debt talks* and threatening the weaker of our society.... I saw some of that here with the Biblical reference....Let's hear the rest of the story...shall we? Continued from link article.....

As remarkable as the June 7th eruption seems to be, Young says it might not be so rare. "In fact," he says, "it might be downright common." Before SDO, space-based observatories observed the sun with relatively slow cadences and/or limited fields of view. They could have easily missed the majesty of such an explosion, catching only a single off-center snapshot at the beginning or end of the blast to hint at what actually happened. If Young is right, more dark fireworks could be in the offing. Stay tuned.

edit on 14-7-2011 by tracehd1 because: damN spchk

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I was merely adding the moon has been red before . Even dark spots on the sun are bright just filtered for us to see aren't they?
So wouldn't the dark matter seen in the video be bright as well, just highly filtered for us to see?
edit on 14-7-2011 by enament because: missing word

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
So what I'm thinking the sun would only dim but not go black? It would just go black on filtered instruments?
I'm not a scientist I don't know if these ideas I have are fact but to me they seem reasonable.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

Not necessarily, but highly likely so.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Can some one post some screen shoots of the video. When I tried to watch it a pop up window said the file was 99MB and the download time was oover 10 hours for me?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Reminds me of the lyrics

"Black Hole Sun, won't you come and wash away the rain"

(the rain being us, or our malfeasance.)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The goverment is not happy with just spraying in the sky.
Chem tailes!
now they spray the sun!!

was there a space cloud coming?
end of life?
big cloud blots out the sun?
or stops all plants growing.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I think the trouble with mainstream scientists is that they are very, very boring.
Snoozeville. Nothing new and exciting ever happens at all. We know everything.
Yawn...I wonder how they get out of bed and go to work, only to bore themselves and everyone else with how mundane they think everything is. My colleagues are exactly the same in my field, too. Nothing fantastic to see in the entirety of human history. Wow, really? Because I could swear that...

On the subject of scaremongering and fearmongering: you can only be a fearmonger if people are stupid enough to go through life being afraid of everything, all the time. And if they are, well, they need to get a grip.

As to the OP, the article was cool, the pics were awesome. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
You mean they had telescopes in the early Iron Age? Why doesn't the Bible just say that! It all makes sense now!
edit on 14-7-2011 by Logman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Have to say have when i saw the beginning of the title Dark Sun. 'my mind went ohh man, another Nibiru thread'. then saw the rest of the title. lol Fascinating - and great find a star for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join