It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Pics from 13/07/2011 Scotland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Greetings folks,

I wanted to put up some average shots of the moon from last week and last night. Nothing unusual really, just had some great views, I decided to place them in here as this is my first thread, apart from my introduction one, so I felt this was a good place to start.

I live here in Hamilton, Scotland. Last week we had 3 or 4 really clear nights, the moon was a fantastic sight, sitting nice and low as it moved across the lower skyline from my back window.

My Photos are taken with my wee phone which is a Sony Ericsson Cybershot model K800i. they are not of great quality.

Ok, this first one was on 07/07/2011 taken at 10:57pm

This second one was 09/07/2011 09:48pm, I have a couple of zoomed in shots but I felt this one was better to see the buldings.

I liked this one because there was a wee rainbow in it, I think there may even had been a glimmer of a second rainbow in this shot but that may just be my eyes. This was 10/07/2011 09:04pm

Ok, now last nights big one. I would like to add at this time that when we had the "Super Moon" in March, there was a very light overcast and then the skies cleared up, last nights moon was far better than the "Super Moon" for me. I'll put the 2 pictures I have from last night.

a. This was taken 13/07/2011 10:33pm

b. This was taken 13/07/2011 11:53pm

I had the old binoculars out last night for a look, such a fantastic sight and there was great detail to see. My friend has a really good video camera so if he is ever over again I'll try and get him to bring it and get some shots as I think they would be nice.

As I said, nothing unusual here, I've seen many great moons, although I am not sure the science behind why it's looking so nice for us here. Now that I have got over the "first thread" fear I will contribute more if he pops out again for anyone who enjoys these sort of things.

Thanks for reading folks.

Peace

SIB

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Thanks SIB. Welcome. That is a pretty nice pic with the rainbow in it... i must say it made me forget the doom and gloom for about 12 seconds...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I love the one with the rainbow in it.
I took some pics of the moon the other night as it looked rather big!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
welcome...your photos were quite enjoyable...
good clairety with the cell phone...but I most enjoyed the one with
the rainbow. Too bad the sky didn't start to darken until after 10p or so...
but that is summer in the northern clime, eh?

thank you for sharing with us.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies folks. Yeah the rainbow on is my fav, though it didn't hang around for long after I took the pic.

The summer nights aren't too bad considering. I feel the skies at night are looking slightly better here than previous years, or I am just paying more attention.

Hi Boo, feel free to add your pics, would be good to see.

I will indeed keep an eye on the sky seeing as there are some good folks who enjoy it.

Thank you peeps.

Peace

SIB

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If you're anything like me then, i can't wait until you get a shot of the moon with a halo, i've seen this twice and they're spectacular. The rainbow is a good picture, and there's something about seeing the moon during daylight that makes it such an impressive object.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Wow. Thanks for posting those cool pictures.

top topics

join