Do Whites have a superiority complex?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

And do you suppose that the high-pitched screaming for lader-guided missiles and a crocodile-filled moat at the border (slight hyperbole) is only pbecause peopel who have zero problem with Immigrants in general only wish people to file papers the legal way?

Or that putting Obama's face over that of a Huli warrior from new Guinea, claiming that he's an African witchdoctor, and then labeling it "obamacare" is a valid critique of the man's policies?

Or is it because a large blob (often literal) of white Americans are terrified of the prospect that some politicians are now Melanin-positive?
edit on 14/7/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

The reason you believe whites to be racist is because you stereotype. Read your post, you have a biased view of Caucasians and even though you'd never admit it, that is racist.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
I suppose part of the problem is that there are things about race that are not being acknowledged or explored frankly and properly. There is an element of taboo about the whole thing that allows poisonous plants to fester in the darkness.

Actually, that's exactly the problem. it is a huge unresolved problem in our society, and the dominant caste refuses to allow it to be spoken about.

Unfortunately the reaction of many Americans - most who hail from that caste, is this garbage:

I'd rather not tune into that station, life is short and there are so many better stations out there!

"Duhhhhh, it bothers me to think about difficult question, i'm going to go watch the bubbles in my fishtank now, dyerrrr"

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

You keep reinforcing my point here, thank you.

How dare I point out when white people are being racist? How dare I make note that it's reached pretty epic proportions in our nation! I should be ashamed to have ever noticed such things, much less speak of them!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I personally reserve the right to dislike anybody, of any race, religion or sexual orientation, base on my own judgment of acceptable behavior.

I also reserve the right to make decisions based on statistical data, and/or personal preference.
edit on 14-7-2011 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Reply to post by TheWalkingFox

BS
You are only taking the letter of the law, but not seeing what is going on in the real world.

Deny Ignorance

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

"Duhhhhh, it bothers me to think about difficult question, i'm going to go watch the bubbles in my fishtank now, dyerrrr"

What is the question? Who's better whites or blacks? Who invented the most crap, whites or blacks? Which group has the most idiot racists, whites or blacks? Who gets a free ride, whites or blacks?

All stupid questions...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

My wife is Hispanic. My best friends are Hispanic.

I grew up in and and still live in the culture. I can count the number of white people I know on one hand.

I do believe that immigration should be legal. So does all of my friends and acquaintances.

You just called all the Hispanics who disagree with illegal immigration racist against their own race.

Nice going.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Actually that post you linked says nothing I hadn't said already.

They miss out on government contracts if they opt out or fail to meet their goals. The poor babies. Basically all that is, is a financial incentive to volunteer and meet the goals. Just because it is uneconomic to do so does not mean that anyone is being "forced" to comply. And again, the people filling the jobs must still be qualified for them.

The article asks the question, "In fact, if 'voluntary' AA was the norm in the 1960s, where was the need to mandate it?" and then, apparently unknowingly, answers it:

A business could not meet its AA obligations by hiring more minority community members as janitors and unskilled labourers, for example.

it was "mandated" to prevent businessed from trying to game the system, by hiring more lawnscapers while leaving the actual business milky-white, even if there were qualified colored people applying.

Try again. This time with feeling.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I had a full page and a half of utter rage and indignation prepared to lash at the presumptive, assumptive, ignorant and arrogant ramblings of the fox in this henhouse.
But, I thought, why bother?

Despite, or even perhaps because of, my lot in life, I'm happy. Happier now than I was 20 years ago. I've got my family, I've got my friends. I get by, as I always have.
As perhaps one of the most laid back, good humored people in my social circle, why should I let this push me to the brink of anger?

No, I've no need to defend my position to anyone. Call me a racist if you like. I've shook the hand of Ms. Rosa Parks (who was a sweetheart, by the way), have you?

If anything, I feel bad for you.
You seem filled with so much hate, it must make you lonely in a crowd.
No, I'm done with this thread. It only serves to continue to divide people.
There's enough forced division in this world, I'll not add anymore to it.

So long, hope you find some of your own happiness in your life.
I'm out.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

You might try reading. it helps you understand points being made better than licking the screen does. You can still lick the screen, of course, to each their own, but... read before replying.

What I asked was if you thought all the outrage was really about legal status. People have been murdered on the assumption htey were "illegals." There are men and women who sit at the border now with loaded guns and coolers full of beer, talking about picking off Mexicans. All across the nation, you hear rage - honest to god, frothing, kill-em-all RAGE about illegal immigration. Since the difference between "legal" and "illegal" in this case is simply paperwork, do you really think that it's the lack of paperwork being filled, and absolutely nothing else that is driving this rage?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Nope. The question is, "How do we address the bloody racial history of our nation and try to heal the still-open wounds, in order to create a society that truly does live up to the ideals of liberty and equality we claim to admire?"

It seems the answer of many people here would be "ignore it after sweeping it under the rug"

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Honestly though, with that attitude, nothing positive will ever happen in your life. Reassess your thoughts and don't judge others. Imagine if you were to meet someone new and you already had that negative attitude about his race or ethnicity? You're not giving that person a fair chance. So relax and don't let your past haunt you. Hopefully soon, you'll meet that person that will change your perspective. GL

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
I had a full page and a half of utter rage and indignation prepared to lash at the presumptive, assumptive, ignorant and arrogant ramblings of the fox in this henhouse.
But, I thought, why bother?

utter rage and indignation because I said you were wrong, and explained the idea of white privilege to you. Unfortunately I don't think that you're ever going to allow the notion of exactly why you felt such huge rage at that to ever sink in.

Despite, or even perhaps because of, my lot in life, I'm happy. Happier now than I was 20 years ago. I've got my family, I've got my friends. I get by, as I always have.
As perhaps one of the most laid back, good humored people in my social circle, why should I let this push me to the brink of anger?

Good question We're all schmucks on hte internet. You're certainly not worth even a mild uptick in my blood pressure, and I don't figure I'm worth it to you, either

No, I've no need to defend my position to anyone. Call me a racist if you like. I've shook the hand of Ms. Rosa Parks (who was a sweetheart, by the way), have you?

I didn't call you a racist. I called you wrong. Unfortunately what you happen to be wrong about is your denial of white privilege in our society. Being wrong about this notion makes you feel threatened; I'm basically calling you wrong about everything you've learned about the culture in this country. So you, as you say, feel immense rage, and believe i am calling you a racist. I am, in fact, simply calling you ill-educated.

If anything, I feel bad for you.
You seem filled with so much hate, it must make you lonely in a crowd.

For someone who just admitted to overwhelming rage at being called wrong, I'm not sure how you think you get to denounce anyone else as being "full of hate." don't worry, this is a frequent excuse I see conjured by ignorant people who choose to remain ignorant. it's bliss, I hear.

No, I'm done with this thread. It only serves to continue to divide people.
There's enough forced division in this world, I'll not add anymore to it.

By ignoring the problem, you continue it.

So long, hope you find some of your own happiness in your life.
I'm out.

I could use a few more pretty redheads in my life, but aside from that, i'm pretty content. I hope you relieve your ignorance of the world.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Are you purposefully obtuse, or just plain old ignorant?

You ate implying that all the pellets against illegal immigration are redneck hillbilly card carrying KKK.

They are not.

Also you should brush up on your comprehension skills.

Being denied financials because of non-compliance is called duress. You can look up that definition yourself.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Nope. The question is, "How do we address the bloody racial history of our nation and try to heal the still-open wounds, in order to create a society that truly does live up to the ideals of liberty and equality we claim to admire?"

It seems the answer of many people here would be "ignore it after sweeping it under the rug"

Well my answer would be:

Every race makes mistakes, in order to move forward we need to stop looking back. It's true what they say about pointing fingers. And with that I am done. And another thing to the fox, you seem like a rather intelligent person, your entitled to your views, but their's no reason for you to be so rude and mean to people. Smart people don't run around calling other people stupid, it makes you look like an @$$. Good Night

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I would just like to point out that White people helped ban apartheid, marched for civil rights, and abolished slavery.

To lump all white people together makes you no better than the racists you are attempting to criticise.

You mention lot of historical examples, and yes, white people over the years have committed some terrible crimes against fellow humans... However, remember Idi Amin? Pol Pot? Genghis Khan?

You think there is no racism outside of the white race??

I am white, my wife is black... We have experienced racism and most of it (not all) was from Black women who objected to our relationship.

I have known black communities to ostracise other black people because they are too dark or too light. I have known Asian people say they would never allow their daughters to marry a black man. And I am not talking about people who have been brainwashed by western media. Just look at the Indian caste system!!

The problem is not white people, or black people, or any other colour for that matter... The problem is human greed and a pathetic need to cling on to our tribal past.

Until we can stop looking at colour, and dividing ourselves into sub groups, we will always have this problem.

Only one race, the human race!

Anyway, sorry I have digressed a little there, Point is...

Yes Racism in predominantly white societies against non-white people needs to be addressed... but be careful not to fight prejudice with more prejudice.

In the spirit of unity, peace and love I leave you with this...

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
if you don't like white order do some thing about it other than write in blogs. you reading is pathetic

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimnal
if you don't like white order do some thing about it other than write in blogs. you reading is pathetic

What? You sound ejumacated son.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

reply to post by nahitini

I feel as if White people, at least in films and songs...........

reply to post by Naptown317

Michael Buffer voice: Ahhhhhhhhhhh lets get ready to racismmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

OHAI!

How's it going TheWalkingFox?

I *NEVEEEEEER* expected to see YOU in a White bashing thread!!!!!!

Not in a million YEARS!!!

But yeah... Great trolling attempt OP.

You get a gold star!

edit on 14-7-2011 by ErtaiNaGia because: *SAGE*

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join