Do Whites have a superiority complex?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Reply to post by James1982

gods not white he's transparent didnt ya know?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Reply to post by James1982

gods not white he's transparent didnt ya know?

Nah, I didn't know, I've never seen him. Been looking though. heard he was behind the sofa (maybe that was his son?)

To stay on-topic:

OP, would you say you are a racist? Do you have a problem with white people? Buncha white folks sitting around having fun, do you shake your head as you walk by? Just curious. That's kind of what I get while reading this thread.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Sure.

How about the 1964 civil rights legislation? 1965 Voting Rights Act? School desegregations? Affirmative Action? There's no shortage of whites who feel these things infringe on their rights (despite, of course, none of them actually doing so).

Seriously, do a few searches for relevant phrases here on ATS. You'll find out why I call this place "Stormfront with Flying Saucers" frequently.

A frequent example is this, which I'm sure you've seen, but probably never noticed.

Person A: (Says some racist crap)
person B: Stop saying racist crap please, it bothers me.
Person A: How dare you pull the race card?
person B: You were being racist, I asked you to stop.
Person A: Stop being such a crybaby victim
etc, etc

person A feels htey have an inherent right to insult and slander Person B, and furthger that they then have the right to frame the argument and set boundaries for what will and will not be discussed; If person B presses the issue, Person A ends up claiming htat hteir rights are being violated.

It's actually pretty common whenever a privileged class sees their privilege melting away in favor of equality; they claim persecution. This is how Christians are reacting to Islam and Atheism. It's how men react to feminism. it's how Heterosexuals often react to gay pride. And it's largely how white people act with regards to any other ethnicity getting a fair shake; at least in the US. Different nations with different histories and ethnic makeups may vary.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I didn't know Christian's were upset with the Muslim's because they were getting more rights, I thought it had something to do with the Muslim view that anyone who is not Muslim must die? How sad it must be to be a civil rights hippie in the post civil rights United States

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Last time I checked, whites are now a minority in America.

History is always altered by those in power - just because you've grown up where white's have power doesn't mean it's just whites that pull that crap.

I went to a white school and they didn't forget this guy. George Washinton Carver

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

Exactly what I'm talking about. "OHNOES TEH MUZLIMSR KILL US ALL!!!!!!!"

Really.

Here's another example;
Racism in Edmonton: “White Privilege” to blame says bigots
The blogger is, of course, obviously hostile to the statements made by the Edmonton city council. But look at why.

Because a council member spoke about the reality of white privilege. Yes, it's a reality, and this particular blogger is chock full of it. See, he - as well as candidate Ryan Hastman - feel that even mentioning racism is itself racist - so long as the racism mentioned is in the hands of white people, at least (they don't hesitate to call anyone else racist, you'll notice.)

Noting the reality of white privilege in Canada and the United States (and to a lesser extent, in Mexico as well) is not racism, it's not bigotry, it's stating a social reality. However people such as this blogger, Mr. Hastman, and probaly many readers here, feel threatened with having hteir privilege questioned, much less threatened by the spectre of equality.

So they pretend to be the wronged ones. They claim oppression. How dare you mention this uncomfortable reality! Interestingly this is pretty much the same reaction critics of slavery got; Not only was talking about abolition of slavery an affront to the "rights" of slaveowners, but simply mentioning slavery was, in and of itself, a taboo - by the rules set by the slaveowners, of course.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Privileged class!?
Seriously?!

Despite a college education, despite 14 years in retail management, despite being a single white male, despite being a privileged class I make 21k/yr, can't afford a car, can't find a second job, don't qualify for anything, denied benefits, denied services, denied! Denied! Denied!

And I'm not alone, more than half the people in my family and my privileged friends are in the same boat!
But no, you're right, I am privileged.
Unlike most of them, at least I have a job, for now anyhow.

Privileged indeed.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Affirmative Action is government sanctioned racism.

One should be chosen based on personal merits, not to meet a race quota.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
UMM yea, I come from a long line of really hard working, and still generally broke white people. I think you think all white people have money. I was never taught (by my white family) to think differently about people because of the shade of their skin. I don't remember any people, other than you, trying to drill it into my head that white people invented or discovered most of the important things in the world.

No man puts on a dress if he doesn’t want to.

Where do we start to make this stop???

A good place would be here on ATS. People could stop making threads that try to get people to fight over stupid pointless shat!

Look, I'm white, and the only time I ever think about being white is when I go out in to the blaring hot sun, and think "man, i really need to get a tan" So right now I'm red, how do you feel about red people???

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Is it racist to say that african civil structures are under developed.
Is is racist to say that with development comes enlightened world views.
If you have spent any time in africa, you will see often violent xenophobia.
Even if a Tutsi hating a Hutu is not racism it is equally "evil" bigotry.
I will say that with development comes equity and abundance.
With underdevelopment comes bigotry, violence and suffering.
People are as separatist as is necessary within there own economic reality.
White people do not a monopoly on "racism", and in todays world are by in large,
the least racist, most accepting/liberal lot,
often to their own determent.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

Now imagine that everything were the same... except the color of your skin. Hell, for extra credit, imagine yourself with ovaries and a different skin color. Since I doubt you're that imaginative, and probably aren't educated enough to consider the ramifications these changes might have on your life, odds are you would have lacked several key opportunities, and would likely be worse-off than you are.

Sorry bud. White people dominate the culture. They dominate politics. They dominate the wealth. They don't dominate the history of the country, but they do dominate the publishing houses and the media outlets that teach the history. Next time you're in the checkout line, pick up one of the magazines and thumb through it. Try "Redbook". Try finding black people in there who aren't Naomi Campbell or Beyonce. For that matter, ask yourself why is Beyonce "black" when she'd be practically Swedish if her skin were any lighter?

i'm sorry you're not doing too well. However, white privilege is a cultural phenomena, not an individual one. No one suggests there's a secret network of white people pulling strings for each other.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Before insulting him I just thought I'd let you know you and your point of view are alone in this thread, even the OP has up and gone. He was most likely trolling us and I'd rather feed the troll than sound exactly like him.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Functional organisms will always be dominant, this is how nature works.
I am very proud of the achievements of my "race" .
The contributions of my culture are invaluable to the world.
History is one long line of one dominance.
Our current era is relatively unique in history, placing freedom,equality and human rights above all else.
This too is legacy of the "evil western culture"

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

It's neither racism nor a quota system, and it is completely unenforced by the government. You're ignorant to the point of being stupid, I'm sorry to say.

First, Affirmative Action is a good faith agreement that is entirely voluntary for a business to undertake. All it is is a statement that they will attempt to have a diverse workforce. If they fail to meat their goals, there are no penalties. They simply set the goals again And again. And again.

Second, the government really has no part in this, except that a business that fails to meet its goals is not eligible for government contracts. But hey, government contracts are just gravy, and if your business is utterly dependent on them, well, you've got bigger worries than hiring practices.

Third, It is not a quota system; it's not "we need X blacks, X whites, and X Asians." In fact, quota systems like that are illegal. Feel free to call your state's DA if you see such going on. Rather, it is a system of preferential weighting towards equally qualified candidates who would diversify the workplace. That means that your pasty butt would be weighted in the AA system, if you were applying for a job at a business where most of the employees were, say, Hispanic women.

Fourth, look back at #3; It only considers people who are already qualified for the job. See, this is the part that most critics seem to (intentionally) overlook. The assumption is that if a nonwhite person is hired over a white person, then it can ONLY be becuase of Affirmative action, and that of course, that black person is less-qualified than the white person. it's never considered that he was on equal footing with other candidates, much less that he might be better - such a notion is just inconceivable.

I know what you think affirmative action is. And i know you've invested way too much bile into it for reality to deter you. But I just think you should know that you've been had by people trying to sell lies to you.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

This may come as a big surprise to you but, from your post it's hard to determine weather you a black person whining about white people, or a white person patting yourself on the back for being white...hmmm....guess it really doesn’t matter

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

I and my points of view on race are often alone on ATS. This site has a pretty homogenous pool of posters; mostly white male conservatives. So am I supposed to shut my uppity ass up 'cause of that?

Nah.

link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Actually i'm a native person who's trying to educate the local yokels.

link   
apart from all the good 'stuff' discovered/invented by the Chinese, what is it that the white Europeans/north Americans have not discovered/invented? I cannot think of anything at the moment, I have just thought of all the 'stuff' that the Indians and Arabs have discovered/invented, so my mistake, those two races, are not exactly 'white' my apologies to the Arabs and Indians.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Reply to post by TheWalkingFox

All the politicians in and from my area are Hispanic. There is a black man as president.

Perhaps what you are seeing is because being a minority means having less people. Having less people means having less of a selection pool. Simple statistics that have nothing to do with racism.

If I have a bag with 50 red tokens and 10 green tokens, odds are I will pull out a red token more often than I pull out a green token.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Arrrgghhhh why do we have to do this? Whywhwywhwywhywhy?

Racism is like a radio channel, anyone can tune in to that station any time if you want, the all hate all bitterness station, plays all day all night. Brought to you by fine sponsors such as Why Me, Inc.; Fear of the Unknown Co., and Simplified Thinking, Ltd. (very Ltd.)

I'd rather not tune into that station, life is short and there are so many better stations out there!

I suppose part of the problem is that there are things about race that are not being acknowledged or explored frankly and properly. There is an element of taboo about the whole thing that allows poisonous plants to fester in the darkness. Another problem is that people don't want truth, they want to use race in a polemical way. What I mean is that they will use it one way in one situation and then turn around and use it in the diametrically opposite way in a different situation. Because its such a powerful tool.

No thanks, I've listened to this radio playlist before and I wasn't impressed the first fifty times. No need to go through a meatgrinder again. I'm out of here. I love you all, all races and peoples! OK partygirl go bye now

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join