Do Whites have a superiority complex?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I would just like to say, I am proud to see this thread heading past race issues.
I feel lucky to live in a time were people are evolving past them. But we have a long to go.
To me race isn't just a skin thing. It's also a gender and status thing. It seems like every step we take towardsovercomeing the hate. Someone adds something new to hate.
But bottom line it is all over the world period.

I do believe some people says its a divide conquer thing from the elects. We are so busy fighting among ourselves that we have become oblivious to what is truely going on. All over the world our rites are being stripped away. People are being forced into poverty. While law makers and the elect are safely sitting in their homes with no fear of a revelution because we are busy fighting over stupid petty things.

Instead of putting all this energy too provoking and proveing hate, Why not put it towards finding solutions to these crisis's. The people I am angry at are the people that hold mankind back from reaching their full potential.

LOTZA LOVE TO ALL!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by fusionman
reply to post by dragonseeker

Using Lindsey Lohan as an example is not valid, hardly anyone in the world get do overs like she does. Why don't black shows have better ratings with white? I think there is a culture difference, also black programs on tv seem to be stupid in what they present. I have no reason as to why, but Cosby was about the last black show I watched. I think the bigger question is why do they come up with such bad dialog. I think the blame for the whole issue is square in TV land and I have no clue what goes on there.

Hey-just because you say something isn't valid doesn't mean you're correct. it is valid. and, I know a hell of a lot more about this than you do.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by e11888

Originally posted by fusionman
reply to post by dragonseeker

Using Lindsey Lohan as an example is not valid, hardly anyone in the world get do overs like she does. Why don't black shows have better ratings with white? I think there is a culture difference, also black programs on tv seem to be stupid in what they present. I have no reason as to why, but Cosby was about the last black show I watched. I think the bigger question is why do they come up with such bad dialog. I think the blame for the whole issue is square in TV land and I have no clue what goes on there.

Could you imagine an all white tv show on an all white tv network? Could you imagine the outcry? It seems to be okay though to have not only an entire network dedicated to all black entertainment, but on top of it, the network refuses to even show a white person in most of its shows. Id love to see what would happen if white people tried this. Racism is very alive and its stupid crap like black entertainment tv and the black panthers that keep it alive.

Tell me you're kidding..I don't have to imagine this, it's been the state of television since the beginning. BET was created BECAUSE television(much less so today) was all white. I'm not a fan of BET generally, they put on crap; but to deny that TV has been traditionally all white is just denying reality. I could list examples, but my post would be too large

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
A little upset to see so many people take for granted the great contributions the black community made to the world. Not to mention the music, fashion, and food industries.

Here are a few of the greats...

Drew, Charles
A pioneer in the field of blood preservation, he developed a method for separating plasma from the whole blood so they could be combined later. Also determined that plasma could be administered to certain patients regardless of their blood type. Helped to establish the modern blood bank.

Bradley, Benjamin
Created a steam engine powerful enough to drive steam-powered warships.

Carver, George Washington
Created hundreds of products from the peanut and the sweet potato and developed methods of helping farmers revitalize their soil and battle common pests. Also authored numerous papers on prevented plant diseases and funguses.

Latimer, Lewis
After beginning his career drafting the patent application for Alexander Graham Bell's telephone, he developed into a prolific inventor and rivaled Thomas Edison in the field of electric lighting.

Walker, Madame C. J.
Created and marketed Black Hair Care products and became so successful that she was the first Black female millionaire. Created jobs for more than 1,000 women and was a mentor to entrepreneurs around the world.

Williams, Daniel Hale
Created the method for and accomplished the first successful open heart surgery.

Woods, Granville
Referred to as "the Black Thomas Edison," he was a prolific inventor in the areas of telegraphony, railway electrical systems and railway safety. Successfully sued Edison and was eventually offered a position with the Edison Company.

Morgan, Garrett
A prolific inventor, he is renowned for his creations, including a hair-straightener, the gas mask and the automatic traffic signal. Considered by many to be one of the most impactful inventors of all time.

Sorry I only put the biggest people that made such a large contribution that actually changed the course of history. But there are many many more there.

Give credit where credit is due.

PEACE AND LOVE YALL

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MividauA little upset to see so many people take for granted the great contributions the black community made to the world. Not to mention the music, fashion, and food industries.

What makes me sad is that we have to qualify anyone's contribution to history with their race as if that has anything at all to do with their accomplishments.

Until such time as all the people stop crying look at the first black to .... to ... to...

We will have such nonsense.

it is also sad that my kid, who is 14 can tell me almost everything about Rosa Parks and MLK and Harriet Tubman but has no clue who Davey Crocket is - it is a fitting marker for how we have indoctrinated our youth to embrace and over emphasize black culture. Davey Crocket, statesman, military leader, successful businessman – one sentence coverage in the history book she brought home. Rosa Parks - tired woman who got arrested for breaking the law...2 pages. Sure she stood up for injustice but hardly the equal of a statesman like Davey Crockett.

Erick Rush has an excellent book on the subject of Nergophillia in America. I highly recommend it.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by nahitini

The worst part of this is you seem unaware you have a problem. You don't even know how much of a Bigot you are. Very sad.

The fact you lump everyone of a particular skin color together is definitive.

I hate the little word game where Bigots say that you cannot be Racist against Whites which is nonsense, so I use the term bigot. Part of the cure is realizing you have an issue in the first place.

Bigot's come in all colors.

love the vocabulary lesson. it was nice to point out. I second that.

Either that or a Troll.

Definition of BIGOT
: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Source - Merriam Webster

Life is hard enough without carrying around a ton of hate on your back.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

TPTB want exactly that...division. They pin race against race. Political party against political party. Country agains country. For example, how much Canada bashing form the US and/or US bashing from Canadians have you seen. I don't know about you but I have seen quite a bit. What two countries are their that resemble each other more than Canada and the US. It's sensless hate.
A nation divided is a nation easily controled. Same thing goes for the entire planet. Like I said before, their is one race, the human race. If they can't realize that then there will be no hope.

This is the truth folks. We need to express to the OP that "we ain't for that talk," when he is trying to seed dissent among the most powerful general population on the planet. As long as we can stick together we can remain free people. Disclaimer: I will not respond to any of that "we are not truly free" bull either.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Originally posted by MividauA little upset to see so many people take for granted the great contributions the black community made to the world. Not to mention the music, fashion, and food industries.

What makes me sad is that we have to qualify anyone's contribution to history with their race as if that has anything at all to do with their accomplishments.

Until such time as all the people stop crying look at the first black to .... to ... to...

We will have such nonsense.

So you are upset they get one month a year, when their history was eraticated from them. Which for the black culture in our country deserve's. With the end of slavary the were able to find a voice. Legaly become educated. Therefor I think a month isnt even enough. They are a vibrant part of our history and it should have been well intergrated into the history books by this point. Instead of the us vs. them history lesson's. This whole arguement woulda been moot.
But somebody in the educational system didnt man up, and left this arguement on the table.

Not only that you're child will take 2 straight years of american history before they graduate from high school.
Earlier years is a quick summary into each topic. If you dont feel you're child gets enough Davey time educate them. We as parents know our educational system is a huge bust. We all have to pick up were the teachers left off. Thats a topic for you to fight the goverment for. Not the Black Community. The same way they fought the goverment for their lil piece of the pie.

What I posted wasn't directed at you personaly. It wasnt even racist. It was to the people that were helping to prove the OP's case. It was a knowledge is power thing. Because what he posted was way beyond fact. And of course the small minority of those who are on ats came rushing into the thread to prove his point for him. He went trolling and caught himself some racist's. It is our job to put them back into their polluted water.

LOVE TO ALL

Some people I believe are ignorant to their racism. And unless you call em out it wont change.
So how is showing someone who hates other's outta ignorance the truth of the matter small.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MividauSo you are upset they get one month a year, when their history was eraticated from them. Which for the black culture in our country deserve's. With the end of slavary the were able to find a voice. Legaly become educated. Therefor I think a month isnt even enough. They are a vibrant part of our history and it should have been well intergrated into the history books by this point. Instead of the us vs. them history lesson's. This whole arguement woulda been moot. But somebody in the educational system didnt man up, and left this arguement on the table.

I think you missed my point - I realize that many people from many diverse backgrounds have contributed to History in general; however, the fact that their race has to be paraded about as some sort of qualifier that sets their accomplishments above those of others is the problem. It's like saying you run fast...for a girl. It's fairly insulting and a back handed complement.

We just need American History, presented in a manner that says which Americans contributed which action, discovery, or whatever it is they did and how that action or whatever changed America for better or worse. Not which African American, American Indian, American Woman etc...

Just which American. Until then we are indoctrinating a divide in our society that cries out when a minority accomplishes something (anything) it is somehow more noteworthy than when a person in the majority does.

As for having the months of recognition - that is just pandering. There will be no equality on American until there is no special categories (EEO), recognition (holidays and recognition) for the ethnic minorities. Most people ignore it, some make a joke of it, some embrace it to a hilarious extent falling all over themselves to make it seem important and some granted a small few actually get more polarized because of it.

Originally posted by MividauNot only that you're child will take 2 straight years of American history before they graduate from high school. Earlier years is a quick summary into each topic. If you dont feel you're child gets enough Davey time educate them. We as parents know our educational system is a huge bust. We all have to pick up were the teachers left off. Thats a topic for you to fight the goverment for. Not the Black Community. The same way they fought the goverment for their lil piece of the pie.

I don't want to fight the black community for anything really - I want the busy bodies, apologists, reparations theorists and others who won't let the past die to get out of the business of engineering social guilt in young American minds to achieve their goals.

I have a Master's in History - I am aware of how it is taught and the selective methods used to promote and indentify some of the few ethnic contributors to American History. It is just a fact that a people relegated to a second class status would necessarily make fewer contributions. It is in the context of the times accurate - that is the purpose of history to see it though the context of the times. Not to vilify people by viewing things through a modern filter. For the textbook makers to fish around for some, or any contribution and make it seem more grand than it is compared to the real history makers is disingenuous art best.

Textbook authors - especially those in early education fish really hard to find any black who contributed something, anything so they can flaunt it and roll it out as if it is really something. To achieve this in the limited space and classroom time they have (as you said also) at the lower grade levels they have to leave out or skip over a lot of other perhaps more grand and sweeping contributions made by Americans who happen to be of a white ancestry. This is social engineering and a pathetic attempt to appease and pander to the black minority.

I would like to recommend for you a book I found fascinating - The Author is Erik Rush; the Title is Negrophilia: From Slave Block to Pedestal - America's Racial Obsession

His book studies the undue and inordinate affinity for blacks (as opposed to antipathy toward them) that has been promoted by activists, politicians and the establishment press for the past 40 years and which has fostered an erroneous perception of blacks, particularly in America.

The book dissects the dynamic of race relations and race politics with an emphasis on same since the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s, how these are likely to develop given a Barack Obama presidency, and how conscientious Americans may discern the deeper truths of these matters and thus develop healthier perceptions.

BTW Erik Rush is a black author and his book is basically in line with the thoughts of Alan Keyes, Bill Cosby and other successful black personalities so please let's not go down the "racist" rat hole.

This is just a recommendation of reading related to the topic.

Read his book and see if you don't agree that negrophillia is rampant today in America.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I have to say

Well said

I agree with your statement's 100%

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

I would like to recommend for you a book I found fascinating - The Author is Erik Rush; the Title is Negrophilia: From Slave Block to Pedestal - America's Racial Obsession

His book studies the undue and inordinate affinity for blacks (as opposed to antipathy toward them) that has been promoted by activists, politicians and the establishment press for the past 40 years and which has fostered an erroneous perception of blacks, particularly in America.

The book dissects the dynamic of race relations and race politics with an emphasis on same since the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s, how these are likely to develop given a Barack Obama presidency, and how conscientious Americans may discern the deeper truths of these matters and thus develop healthier perceptions.

BTW Erik Rush is a black author and his book is basically in line with the thoughts of Alan Keyes, Bill Cosby and other successful black personalities so please let's not go down the "racist" rat hole.

This is just a recommendation of reading related to the topic.

Read his book and see if you don't agree that negrophillia is rampant today in America.

I dont mean to come across rude or anything in that matter. I would have read the book because you suggested the first time around. Because I am interested in where you're opinion is derived from. I would have read it if it was by a white author.

Not only that I am not going down the racist "rat Hole"...There is three ways to deal with any type of racism is LOVE.... KNOWLEDGE.....or HUMOR.

I come froma black community in baltimore, md. I have seen everyside of this. My point about black history month is that it is nice to give role models from the same walk of life. Like my children's and I favorite role modle is Micheal OHre, not because he is black but because he was a foster child as was I. I was also a runaway for many years. That is my point of black history month is it offers great role models to the youth besides rappers and well coby bryant. (really dont like him or tiger woods, infedlity reasons alone.).

I feel this issue would be solved if in high school you could take what history you are more into.
I prefer ancient civilizations over american history. Not only this but by 8 years old a childs personality is set.
So introduceing children to such positive things is of extreme importance. At least on a psychilogical level and emotional one as well.At these age's black history is very important to our children and to teach them how to be more accepting and tolerant of other race's. We all see what main media icons are out there. Do you really want children trying to aspire to be those people or would MLKjr be a better example.

In my honest opinion....

I hope I was able to allow you to see were my opinion was derived from. I wasn't trying to say your's had no valdility......I was trying to show the importance of it from a earlier stage of adolesent's, not a political propoganda stage. "You put us in slavery so we deserve this". Not comeing from that place and that argument will get no where with me since I come from both a cherokee and a isralian background.
Thanks for you're time.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
You know I have never heard so much angst over racial issues in my 61 years of life, but then we didn't have the internet.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
You know I have never heard so much angst over racial issues in my 61 years of life, but then we didn't have the internet.

LOL, True the internet just lets all the dark place's come out to the open....

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I never heard of it, actually people cannot have an honest discussion on the race issue, But I don't understand why, the same holds true when we try to discuss Islam, Islamophilia

Dependency, entitlements, hopelessness.

youtu.be...

Author and columnist Erik Rush discusses what we can learn about Obama by observing how he's handling the Middle East crisis.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I actually never tried to discuss Islam. It isnt that I don't want to. Its that I know absolutely nothing about them beside's hear say. I tend to just stick to topics I know very well. I have been able to build an educated opinion on.
From working with non profit organization down to talking the talk and walking the walk....

I tried to learn more about them. Worst place to try to talk to islamic people is in the religous boards.
It isn't out of disrespect I ask it is outta pure inocent ignorance. All I know biblicaly is they are from the tribe of Ishmale and thats it....

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by nahitini

Your whole post was a load of BS, to be quite honest.

Anyone is more than welcome in the US, as long as they come here the legal route.

Africa is smaller on white man's maps? It is because flat maps can't show scale very well. Simple mathematics here. I suppose the white man is holding down Greenland as well, since it is not to scale either.

Stop drinking the kool-aid and vomiting BS all over ATS.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

this right here sums everything up pretty well. great post!

What i dont get, bear in mind this is just me, is that african americans cant get over anything. Slavery happened, we all know it. It ENDED. Jim Crow laws happened, THEY ENDED.

To be honest the only time i see any type of racism is when a black person gets all hot and bothered about nothing. Honest to god example: I was at the local kfc and a black gal ordered a bucket of chicken. The cashier (who was white) kindly asked if it was for here or to go. The black gal went berzerk saying "Buh-scuse me!? Ya'll think im gonna eat this bucket of chicken by muh self?! What is your problem you little white punk!?"

Seriosuly? wtf? some People need to get over themselves

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
sorry, i didnt read your whole thread. just wanted to say that if i used the term 'blacks' youd be pretty affended. dnt appreciate the term 'whites' doesnt affend me in perticular but ... treat others how you want them to treat you... its a good code to go by.

yes im white, and i have a theory on this, its not white against black, its rich against poor, and buddy most of us are poor doesnt matter about race.. rich people make the maps, rich people write the history books rich people run the governments... just something to think about

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
sorry, i didnt read your whole thread. just wanted to say that if i used the term 'blacks' youd be pretty affended. dnt appreciate the term 'whites' doesnt affend me in perticular but ... treat others how you want them to treat you... its a good code to go by.

yes im white, and i have a theory on this, its not white against black, its rich against poor, and buddy most of us are poor doesnt matter about race.. rich people make the maps, rich people write the history books rich people run the governments... just something to think about

Thank you thank you thank you thank you

I tried to say that earlier but got brushed off. Its a divide and conquer thing.
If we would stop fighting among ourselves we would give the goverment and rich a run for the freaking money.
But their not scared, Why because we are not united as a whole country.

So once again
THank U THANK U THANK U THANK U

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mividau

Originally posted by DaveNorris

Thank you thank you thank you thank you

I tried to say that earlier but got brushed off. Its a divide and conquer thing.
If we would stop fighting among ourselves we would give the goverment and rich a run for the freaking money.
But their not scared, Why because we are not united as a whole country.

So once again
THank U THANK U THANK U THANK U

its ok for you, your american. you can own a gun.... if a revolution started here in england id be screwed. all i got is a bat lol

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
and just so we are clear. racism is when you make an asumption about someone based souly on the color of their skin. so asuming that all white people are racist is actually a racist comment itself.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join