Do Whites have a superiority complex?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Here we go again with the same ignorant people apologizing on my behalf for something that white people never caused. Im sick and tired of the white guilt. Im damn proud to be white and thats something nobody will ever take away from me. I do not need you ignorant people to apologize for me. We are not the same and thats a good thing. We are not supposed to be the same.

The op states that the black man always dies first in white movies? Guess what? The white man isnt even in black movies. Try making an all white movie and see how well that works but its perfectly okay to create a 2 hour film without a single white person. Lets talk about racist black people shall we? Lets talk about the black panthers beating white people with billy clubs so they wouldnt vote. You want to see racism? Go to an all black school as a white person. There you will see racism.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Racism is such a misleading term. Really, most people considered to be racists are in reality just conceited or sexually frustrated/personally conflicted.
The conceited people think they are badder, smarter and just a better human being by definition. They think they are above their associates(friends that are lucky to know them) and definitely other cultures.
The perplexed people feel self-conscious about whatever the short-comings or personal incident that ruined their life. Most blame God.
The end result of both is the same and similar in appearance.
The reality is our blood is the same color. There is no difference in appearance. It is the same. Sorry KKK.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Reading your post just made me a little more dumber

Yep my original core values are being eroded away because of all of the BS (like this thread) in this world....

Oh and I am white........Quit speaking for me ...........please.

I do not like this word.....But this is ignorant....

No S&F for you

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by e11888
Im damn proud to be white and thats something nobody will ever take away from me.

Pride denotes accomplishment
Explain to me exactly what you did specifically to make you white....lets see if this pride is warranted, or if its just moronic.

I am proud I chose to be a human verses a turtle...because, you know...I had total control over that.

I am a proud white man...not because I am white, that is incidental, but because I am educated, loved, loving, ambitious, and have achieved several things so far in life.
Being proud of being white is akin to being proud that your eyes are on the top of your head verses your toes...its nonsense and a pretty retarded racist talking point...like you effin did something to become white...lol.

Incidently, which flavor of white are you? I do hope you have pure blood and haven't mixed it with lesser white races...you never know, your great granddaddy might have married a asian or spanish...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm Irish. My ancestors were enslaved. Do you see Irish people complaining all the time about this? No, you don't. And if you don't believe me here is a what came up in a google search for Irish slavery. I just took the 1st link. Read it if your interested. There were even Irish slaves in America at the same time there were African slaves.

Irish Slavery

You sound like a racist and this type of thinking makes things worse. You need to get over the past. There are plenty of different races that have been enslaved. And also blacks, whites, and even brown people have OWNED slaves. Stop making white Americans out to be monsters. Everything you said in your post feels like an attack on white people. I'm so sick of people judging me and thinking I'm a racist just because I'm white.

People have all the opportunities in the world here in America for a decent education and a chance to make money. Yes, you might have had a rich uncle or whatever but didn't due to slavery. And I could have to. But I honestly don't care. I'm getting an education, I'm making money, I'm taking the opportunities this country has to offer. So stop complaining and do the same thing.

Yes, I'm a white Irish American and I received money to use for school. This automatically makes me racist because I OBVIOUSLY don't need it. It's a proven scientific fact that all white people are rich and control every aspect of everything you can possibly imagine. We even control your thoughts and grow money on trees. lol (In case you don't know... that is sarcasm). Stop judging me.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm christian. That's all that's important as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I am sorry Saturn. I starred the above poster.....I am also proud of who I am and where I came from.....This does not make me racist...............I hope.......

There is nothing wrong in being proud of your cultural history.........I have no problem with others that have pride in their history.........It's our history....One can not forget where one comes from.....

Where I work, there is several "employees" that the state hires to make sure that the construction companies hire a certain portion of minorities.........Here is the kicker......They all make bank......Literally hundreds of thousands of dollars that I see a wasted.......Why........This is not necessary these days......

Whites are the new minority......look around......

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
If the irony in a thread about superiority complexes posted by a man/woman with an obvious inferiority complex has eluded most, let that buck stop here....

Caught you....
edit on 14-7-2011 by OneEleven because: for fun

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

Using Lindsey Lohan as an example is not valid, hardly anyone in the world get do overs like she does. Why don't black shows have better ratings with white? I think there is a culture difference, also black programs on tv seem to be stupid in what they present. I have no reason as to why, but Cosby was about the last black show I watched. I think the bigger question is why do they come up with such bad dialog. I think the blame for the whole issue is square in TV land and I have no clue what goes on there.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This OP is a load of bullox,

Step out of Hollywood, people are people, welcome to the new world.

Leave your muddy boots at the door please.

-GM

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Wow isn't this the pot calling the kettle black!!!

Generalize much?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
There is nothing wrong in being proud of your cultural history.........

I honor my cultural history...I came from America, from the northeast specifically...

I have blood in me, like a proper united state citizen, best described as "mutt"...western european and italian mutt that has been 3-4 generations over here.
So yeah my cultural history is not pronouncing my R's (I am over that), and the -actual- tea party.

Am I proud of english heritage? or french heritage? meh...indifferent. I love the history of europe and have spent a very significant time of my life travelling around europe because of that love, but my culture is united states american...and that has always been a mixed bag..

I have pride in my own specific, or family specific accomplishments...otherwise, its like me having pride in some random stranger making an A on a test...not really something I contributed to.

Perhaps I am caught up in the wording. I enjoy being white, I am used to it, I have been programmed to find it the most attractive race, and we tend to get most of the breaks. Pride however is a inaccurate word for this...again, what accomplishments do you specifically attribute with you being white? what did you do to deserve it...did you win a race? did you collect enough rings to turn white?...no, you were just simply born that way...dumb luck..hard to be proud of dumb luck...like being proud of being a lotto winner (when someone else purchased the ticket for you at that)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Wow isn't this the pot calling the kettle black!!!

Generalize much?

Why do all pots have to be black? Some are stainless steel!
Your generalizing!
-shakes fist-

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by fusionman
reply to post by dragonseeker

Using Lindsey Lohan as an example is not valid, hardly anyone in the world get do overs like she does. Why don't black shows have better ratings with white? I think there is a culture difference, also black programs on tv seem to be stupid in what they present. I have no reason as to why, but Cosby was about the last black show I watched. I think the bigger question is why do they come up with such bad dialog. I think the blame for the whole issue is square in TV land and I have no clue what goes on there.

Could you imagine an all white tv show on an all white tv network? Could you imagine the outcry? It seems to be okay though to have not only an entire network dedicated to all black entertainment, but on top of it, the network refuses to even show a white person in most of its shows. Id love to see what would happen if white people tried this. Racism is very alive and its stupid crap like black entertainment tv and the black panthers that keep it alive.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Noting the reality of white privilege in Canada and the United States (and to a lesser extent, in Mexico as well) is not racism, it's not bigotry, it's stating a social reality. However people such as this blogger, Mr. Hastman, and probaly many readers here, feel threatened with having hteir privilege questioned, much less threatened by the spectre of equality.

That's a cute little anecdote

Last time i checked the Natives in Canada Didn't have to pay any taxes; but the whites do.

I didn't do anything to the Natives why can't i be exempt from taxes too!

Sure the whites are privilaged!
edit on 14-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Me and you don't agree with the whole Israeli Palestine Issue.

But with this this i cannot disagree

Affirmative Action is government sanctioned racism.

One should be chosen based on personal merits, not to meet a race quota.

The Sly Fox is just too bigoted to realise his own ignorance on the reality that is.

He will throw the book at you; but it doesn't pertain to the real world of what is actually happening

You are right Affirmative action is Government Sactioned Racism.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by BrianC

You keep reinforcing my point here, thank you.

How dare I point out when white people are being racist? How dare I make note that it's reached pretty epic proportions in our nation! I should be ashamed to have ever noticed such things, much less speak of them!

My gosh, I've never met a person as racist as you, here or in RL.
Seriously man, all this hatred will make you sick. Stop focusing so much on white people, and try to work on yourself. Your own hatred is overwhelming to me, I can only imagine what it is doing to you.

For example you said this:

is it because a large blob (often literal) of white Americans are terrified of the prospect that some politicians are now Melanin-positive?

..........Knowing perfectly well that the President was elected by white America.
edit on 7/14/2011 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1MrsJesusChrist
Because it was White People who had all the jobs after slavery, and never gave a Black person the credit deserved. Just look at how they are treating President Obama. No other president has received as many death treats as Him; Nor more Disrespected

reply to post by SkepticUnderdog

How can you say that? George Bush was treated like crap. Bill Clinton was impeached. Jimmy Carter was dragged through insufferable indignities by the media. It comes with the job.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The problem with America race, ethnicity and immigration is largely evidenced in the Census information collected. When American’s are asked to address ancestry one must understand that it may mean many things to different people.

Ancestry: 2000 Census Brief

it can be described alternately as where their ancestors are from, where they or their parents originated,
or simply how they see themselves ethnically.

So you can see how the results might be a little hard to gather. However, the

Census Bureau provided a definition for the questions that defines ancestry as a person’s ethnic origin, heritage, descent, or “roots,” which may reflect their place of birth, place of birth of parents or ancestors, and ethnic identities that have evolved within the United States.

The question on ancestry first appeared on the census questionnaire in 1980, replacing a question on where a person’s parents were born. The question on parental birthplace provided foreign origin data only for people with one or both parents born outside the United States. The current ancestry question allows everyone to give one or two
attributions of their “ancestry or ethnic origin” (Figure 1), and in doing so, enables people to identify an ethnic
background, such as German, Lebanese, Nigerian, or Portuguese, which was not otherwise identified in the race or
Hispanic-origin questions.

What I find amazing - One can see here that in the 2000 Census that only Seven percent of the U.S. population reported their ancestry as simply American, which was one of the choices provided. WTF?

How can it be that while very few people immigrate each year and therefore few people are the first and second or third generation sons and daughters of these new citizens who could conceivably and legitimately claim some viable hold on a small portion of the country of origin’s language, culture and customs. # how many generations before one is just an American?

Evidently countless generations is not enough to just be a proud American since 93% want to claim some kind of ethnicity other than that of just American. Certainly 93% of Americans living here in 2000 were not born of foreign parents who immigrated here recently right. I mean how long will one cling to the country of origin nonsense and why?

I’ll tell you my theory – because in America it’s cool to be a hyphenated American while not being one means you are just white and not special. We all know from TV radio and progressive thought that being white is bad but being a white American is the worst one can be. So more people are claiming to be from some hyphenated foreign ancestry rather than embrace the fact that the majority of Americans can trace their family’s entry back for several generations.

When is it time to just be an American? I say after 2-3 generations you are just an American.

We also know how much Americans want to all be unique and special butterflies. We want to be something unique and because ethnicity is seen by some as a license to act, not act or to behave or not behave in a certain manner that is counter to main stream societal norms its like a get out of jail free card.

It is a reason to not have to assimilate to the prevailing cultural norms that would ensure your success. It is in effect a walking excuse for behavior or lack of some behavior that is viewed as making one successful in American Society. I have a reason I behave/not beahve thus and its racial or ethic and I need to have it overlooked - if not you are a racist! See there is a law for it too...

The number who reported American and no other ancestry increased from 12.4 million in 1990 to 20.2 million in 2000, the largest numerical growth of any group during the 1990s.5 This figure represents an increase of 63 percent, as the proportion rose from 5.0 percent to 7.2 percent of the population.

Seems like at least the trend is increasing right…well for a while it did but something went wrong recently. In the wrap up of the 2011 data the number dropped from 20.2 million to 17.9. (in Population by Selected Ancestry Group. )

Are we heading the right way here toward a homogenous society?

Nope - we all want to be special and until we are just Americans with our own personal strengths and weaknesses and label ourselves by race and ethnicity we have to accept that we will be treated differently.

We are different for sure but not as races and classes but as individuals. Sure there may be some merit to racial behavior patterns but none will ever be studied because to state one race is better, worse or even different at one pursuit say sports or academics even supported with facts would be the end of any scientist’s viable career as one.

Live it love it… Get over the “I’m special” I have ethnic issues and therefore reasons I am not assimilating successfully. Or my ethnicity was treated poorly in the past so it makes it hard for me to succeed – I need special treatment and advantages.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
So does Raising the Debt Ceiling come with the Job and Never before has it Not been done. When in our History; did People bring Guns; to Hear the President Speak? When has our senators out and out REFUSE TO DO THEIR JOBS, When in our History were the 1st Lady's attacked and Dont get it twisted G.W. Bush was a Joke, and propted up by Cheny and His own Daddy and should be Under the Jail right now for lying Us into War.

Originally posted by angeldoll

Originally posted by 1MrsJesusChrist
Because it was White People who had all the jobs after slavery, and never gave a Black person the credit deserved. Just look at how they are treating President Obama. No other president has received as many death treats as Him; Nor more Disrespected

reply to post by SkepticUnderdog

How can you say that? George Bush was treated like crap. Bill Clinton was impeached. Jimmy Carter was dragged through insufferable indignities by the media. It comes with the job.

new topics
top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join