It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newest ANONYMOUS video "how they will save the world."

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Yay!
It's finally in the correct forum.

Now that's integrity! Thanks, mods.

EDIT to add: Also a huge thanks for removing this misleading thread from the front page and replacing it with an actual Anon activity.

edit on 14-7-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

I agree it should be either closed or ignored. I think the OP just got a bit carried away, decided to make a video about anonymous and then attack anyone who doesn't agree with the message.

Peace

EDIT: finally, it's been moved to the jokes forum....where it belongs. Good job Mods
edit on 14-7-2011 by Thundersmurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon

Originally posted by mossme89
reply to post by Mr Mask

I'm sorry but is this video a joke? It sucks.

Is your question a joke? You seriously have to ask that?

If I told you there were Aliens attacking Washington D.C. RIGHT NOW, would you believe that too?

Remember War of the Worlds?
The main difference is that it was announced that it WAS NOT REAL from the beginning, but the people who believed it missed the theater announcement. Does that make them stupid?

Example of RESPONSIBLE reporting to avoid confusion as much as possible:

MERC ANNOUNCER: The Columbia Broadcasting System and it's affliated stations pesent Orson Welles and the Mercury Theatre on the Air in a radio play by Howard Koch suggested by the H.G. Wells Novel "The War of the Worlds."

(MUSIC: MERCURY THEATRE MUSICAL THEME)

MERC ANNOUNCER: Ladies and gentlemen: the director of the Mercury Theatre and star of these broadcasts, Orson Welles . . .

I did a psychology research paper on this event in college. There were many people who heard the radio show, missed the announcement, but still never believed it was real. The main difference was primarily education levels.

People with secondary educations tended to (but not always) simply check another source, like changing the radio station or calling people in the cities being "attacked". Once they confirmed there was no corroborating evidence they correctly concluded that it must be a dramatic accounting of a fictional event.

The people without secondary educations tended to (but not always) simply continue listening to the show, and didn't even think of checking other sources of information.

This is mainly attributed to the fact that secondary education helps people develop critical thinking skills. But this is only a tendency, as there are many "educated" people whose emotions took over and they stopped thinking, and many "less educated" people who kept their cool and figured out it was a hoax.

What were we talking about again?

edit on 14-7-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Originally posted by Thundersmurf

It's also fake. The whole message is nothing like what anon promote. If you think anon made this then you just don't get it. They would never say "don't feel like you need to do anything"; they want everyone to do everything they can. Even if it's just putting up posters writing about it online.

Here we have yet another guy either not getting it, or just trolling...either way, look.

ANON is a decentralized group of thousands, if not millions, of individuals. From racists, to pedophiles, to thug gangsters, to heroes, to animal lovers, to furries, to hacktivists, to herp derpers, to you.

If there is ONE thing any oldfig would be confused about- its what ANON is "supposedly doing" now, as reported in the mainstream.

.... But make no mistake, this entire new mode of operation is ENTIRELY unlike the ANON so many of us knew since we were little newfigs....

Another guy? Your the one not getting it. Although Anon is decentralized, their 'official' vid releases come from somewhere. And comparing your attempt with the releases i've seen previously, it's clear your not involved in any way.

So just because you made a video does that mean we all can? We could make loads saying that they've teamed up with sony or that they now fully endorse Nescafe. It doesn't mean anything. Just like your video.

I know it must be hard to hear that people dont like your video or that they don't think it stands up to what anon is, but i'm sure you'll get by.

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I think that was a hilarious parody -- even though I'm happy there are some White Hat hackers out there.

>> I'm guessing some people are taking this "4 step plan" seriously.

Anyway, there are some wannabes in Anonymous putting LOL Cats in videos for sure -- but I think that the MAIN targets from the LEET hackers are Bad Guys -- NOT random names picked out of a hat.

Regardless, WOW is probably safe, if only that it is mostly harmless.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf
reply to post by EspyderMan

I agree it should be either closed or ignored. I think the OP just got a bit carried away, decided to make a video about anonymous and then attack anyone who doesn't agree with the message.

Peace

Are you sure the OP made this? It seems like a very talented and clever parody that pokes a bit of fun at Anonymous.

"After we are arrested we will go back to posting pictures of cats and talking about Pizza on 4Chan" -- sounds like a mission statement.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Wow. I started reading this in news, watched the vid, and here I am in jokes responding. (After 8 pages of some truly clueless people!)

I thought I was getting the latest anon vid, all serious and interested. Then, I smiled. Then grinned ear to ear. Then, I chuckled, for about the next 4 minutes.

Excellent work Mr. Mask. How long did that take? You also have planted a seed in my own mind. Who can't make videos, eh?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AdonisDNA

I agree actually. I sent a message to them saying it should be moved and no response. I mentioned it to a mod earlier in this thread and they said they didn't have the authority to move it. I have seen them move other threads in a matter of minutes.

Edit: Nvm, didn't see that it was moved finally. Though had it been anyone else I would suspect they would have been banned for hoaxing..
edit on 14-7-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Mr. Mask:

I can't believe this has happened! It's hilarious! Think about it.

I've never seen such a misunderstood thread in all my life. Does it not occur to people to wait a little while and see what's going on before they jump in with their embarrestingly stupid attacks?

Sigh. I can't even say they are "gulliblefigs". It's beyond that.

It's more like "don't know enough to know how much they don't know figs.".

Great vid. I loved it until I got to the latter's posts.

Anybody who is still confused, please go read GetReadyAlready's post. He has explained it for you quite nicely.
Shame he had to.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Thanks for the advice =]

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Sir, do you honestly believe Mr. Mask came on here seriously trying to present himself as anon?

Do you really believe that? Did you see the first 10 seconds of the vid?

ITS A JOKE. For God's sake.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Oh my ears burned for a second that is all...Not like I haven't heard it all before. You were actually making a point by presenting it the way you did and a very valid point as well as a nice piece of production. Thanks for a midday pick up !

I just went back to see what I missed and I see more than one person missed the whole point...one poster said they are able to tell the difference between Mr Mask Anon video message and the real thing....Talk about missing the whole point....that is just it ANYBODY can be Anon and ANYBODY can make a video and claim this and that so if you are waiting for an official release you have missed the point.

Proud of myself for actually catching it...sometimes sarcasm is over my head especially on ATS..I never know what to expect.
edit on 7/14/2011 by DJMSN because: too add line

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by angeldoll

I don't know what one thing I said would give you the impression that I believed that he was trying to represent anon. Why would you think I thought that?

Go back to the first time I replied in this thread (first or second page). Of course I knew that it was a joke. I was immediately aware. The reason I said it should be moved is because it was posted in other breaking news and with a title that doesn't indicate that its a joke.

So yes It was obvious to me from the beginning but clearly not to a lot of people. Thanks for your input though.
edit on 14-7-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It wasn't snort-sodapop-through-my-nose funny, but it was hilarious and I'm glad Mr Masky Mo Mama Jo posted it. Quite funny also are many of the replies.
peace.

ETA: thank GOD it's finally in the right forum! That's just wrong on so many levels!

edit on 14-7-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Edit: Nvm, didn't see that it was moved finally. Though had it been anyone else I would suspect they would have been banned for hoaxing..

Do you think this statement might possibly have something to do with it? Why would you think "someone else" would have been banned for hoaxing? Hoaxing for what? For choosing the wrong forum?

Arg. Bored now.

edit on 7/14/2011 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
They claim scientology is wiped out in the vid. i googled it when he told me to. www.scientology.org is still up, and numerous other sites... so this is clearly a false claim.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
OH THANK GOD The World of Warcraft site is SAFE!

I'm serious.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
They claim scientology is wiped out in the vid. i googled it when he told me to. www.scientology.org is still up, and numerous other sites... so this is clearly a false claim.

There is The Church of Scientology here in Toronto. People like to stand in front of it with the V for Vendetta masks while they try to give out free readings.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join