It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West increases pressure on UN to take action against Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
www.skynews.com.au...

Syrian security forces killed four people as the West ratcheted up pressure for UN Security Council action against Damascus and France slammed China and Russia's 'indecent' opposition to the move.

The West is pressuring the UN Security Council to take action against Syria now. After the embassy attacks earlier this week, it looks like the already terrible relations just got a bit more terrible.

It looks like France is trying to take the lead in this one again.

France, which with other European governments has been circulating a draft resolution at the Security Council for months only to see it blocked by veto-wielding permanent members China and Russia, said it was vital the UN take action over President Bashar al-Assad's deadly crackdown on dissent.

They've been already circulation a draft resolution? Is this one just like the Libya no-fly resolution?

US President Barack Obama told CBS television that Assad had 'missed opportunity after opportunity to present a genuine reform agenda.

Washington had made it clear 'that what we've seen on the part of the Syrian regime has been an unacceptable degree of brutality directed at its people', the US president said.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Won't pass without Russia and China supporting it, and that is not going to happen and I dare say ever. Syria has been this bad since the Alawites took power there, (a minority in the country fust FYI). Assad's father was known as the Lion, he was just as brutal as his son look up Hama for instance. We didn't take action then and won't now.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I'm surprise Syria still hasn't kicked out Western diplomats out, they should, until calm and stability is restored. They need to send extra soldiers to the borders as evidently that is where the unrest is instigated from.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
So is the plan basically to just bomb the whole world until only the west and our mindsets exist? I mean, we are bombing 6 countries that we know of. We desire to bomb several more but haven't for some reason.

Our arrogance will be the end of us. Someday all these countries are going to get sick and tired of having our agendas pushed on them. Well, I should clarify -

If we don't all stand up against the bankers and bring about HUGE change, humanity will come to an end. (at least for most of us.)

top topics

join