It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding that the woman who grew an ugly garden in her yard is wrong.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
New thread Title:

Agrabuisiness conglomerates don't want you to grow your own food

Local resident's were shocked today when giant multinational agriculture conglomerates lashed out at an innocent and clever woman who attempted to get herself out from underneath their Iron Boot. The police state like tactics, and propoganda incited against this peace loving and industrious woman were filled with hateful comments, and even hints of Racism.

Comments like "White Trash" were used liberally to attempt to slander the homeowner, and by association, anyone else who took to attempting self sufficiency.

The clandestine and nefarious tactics were officially BOO'd by a vast majority of the populous.

More on this story at 11.

This is Ertai Nagia, for Above Top Secret Ninja News, Signing out.

edit on 14-7-2011 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiderbadarse
reply to post by queenofsheba

No, I'm just drunk

Friends don't let friends start threads while drunk.
Lol...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Your post is a staggering example of wrong thinking.

Its her land. She bought it. Growing vegetables on it does not in any way affect anybody else. She should be entitled to arrange plants on her own property in any way she damn well pleases.

If you don't like it build a wall so you don't have to look at it. Personally I like it.

As regards to 'damaged property values'. Nonsense, if you bought your house at a sensible price near its real land and build cost it will not be rendered worthless by her veggie patch. I assume you mean it wont appreciate?If thats the case, is it her fault you bought a house as a property investment rather than as somewhere to live? Its this idiocy that has led us all to a property bubble so the young cannot afford to buy a house to live in. Cry me a river.

Planning rules and planning restrictions are there to enforce control over house supply so that you cannot buy empty land somewhere cheaply,build a simple sustainable dwelling and pay it off quickly to be debt free. Gotta keep the serfs in debt. Gotta keep them constrained. Gotta keep them afraid of individuality.

You post is perfect proof that governments rarely need to oppress people, people are largely dumb enough to oppress themselves.

edit on 14-7-2011 by justwokeup because: poor english provoked by outrage

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It's in the Daily Mail. It's a joke rag for upper class middle England that focuses on those evil muslims, Princess Diana and all the things that give you cancer most days. People in the UK refer to it as the Daily Fail. Start reading better papers!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Hugely insulting to the British. The UK has come a long way in terms of multi-culturalism, despite what you may read in rags like the Daily Mail.

Sorry darling, but last time I booked into a hotel in America, it was still overwhelmingly black women who changed the bedsheets, on a lowly wage! Racism is alive and rife everywhere. The more things change, the more they stay the same..

And I believe the OP is actually from Texas not the UK
edit on 14-7-2011 by Gman1803 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
When the SHTF, I hope you can EAT your lawn! Who'll be the dumbass then?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This was really challenging to comment on because although i think there should be some kind of order in a community......I also feel that when a community is going to prefer beauty vs health then we need to take a good hard look at how we are directing our societies.

This is just another example of bad management. I don't blame the lady I blame that City Planner and all those who are putting people in a predicament to have to come up with ideas such as this to survive. GRRRRRRR

edit on 14-7-2011 by iLoGiCViZiOnS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Just a note that the city dropped the charges and are now going after her for lapsed dog licences.
Also: this is a person that some of my friends know and she has a very large deal of support for this.
The garden is not unsightly at all, especially when you consider the vast number of homes that have been left to rot and whose yards are overgrown with weeds.
From what I understand, it sounds like there was ONE person who was upset by this and might have called on her.
In addition to that, with regards to the idea that it brings property value down...
Lol.... okay.

Property values here in MI are dead and buried. I don't think her veggie garden is going to make a difference in that direction.
In addition to that, many of us here in MI are finding that if we don't start thinking 'out of the box' we aren't going to be able to feed our kids healthy foods much longer.

This is so much more about the micro-management of the govt and less about how her yard appears.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SangriaRed

IMHO she should move her veggies to the back
where they wont be stolen
heck enclose the entire back with a green house and set up an aqua-ponics system

city insists on a lawn in front ehh?
fine then,
gotta have grass for the goat and maybe some rabbits

oh and its not about micro-management people

but the psychotic delusion that property values there
are gonna go up if they just spruce things up
and apply a few coats of paint [laquer].

as usual it's always a busybody snitching/"using" the authorities
to impose your own fantasies of how things should be.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
New thread Title:

Agribusiness conglomerates don't want you to grow your own food

lol thought i'd closed the tab
or clicked the wrong link for a sec

edit on 14-7-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: lol wasn't me it was a passing spelling nazi

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by spiderbadarse

Last time I checked, white trash yards looked like this

This seems to be your idea of white trash...

But yes, lets worry about property value. When the food is short, I wonder how many servings of property value can feed a family.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Please don't post pictures of my house on the inter-web...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/908d5f599134.gif[/atsimg]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*Gasp*

*Wheeze*

*Squeek*

Charges dropped on Front yard Vegetable garden Woman

www.abovetopsecret.com...

*Pant*

*Gasp*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SangriaRed
Just a note that the city dropped the charges and are now going after her for lapsed dog licences.
Also: this is a person that some of my friends know and she has a very large deal of support for this.
The garden is not unsightly at all, especially when you consider the vast number of homes that have been left to rot and whose yards are overgrown with weeds.
From what I understand, it sounds like there was ONE person who was upset by this and might have called on her.
In addition to that, with regards to the idea that it brings property value down...
Lol.... okay.

Property values here in MI are dead and buried. I don't think her veggie garden is going to make a difference in that direction.
In addition to that, many of us here in MI are finding that if we don't start thinking 'out of the box' we aren't going to be able to feed our kids healthy foods much longer.

This is so much more about the micro-management of the govt and less about how her yard appears.

Whomever called to report the veggie growing lady should be sentenced to death. People like that cause 99 percent of our daily negativity. Honestly, can we lease locate the person who called the authorities and have them hung? God give me strength for I cannot stand people such as this.

And i just have to laugh at the people concerned that property value might go down. You dolts, its a place to llive and youre not Donald Trumps. Get a clue
edit on 15-7-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Your thread= FAIL!!!!

Some people.....
I don't even know where to begin.

I suppose a lawn soaked in round up and strategically placed azaleas is the only way to "raise the value" of your property. Did anyone ever think that maybe the vege garden lady doesn't like the look of the stuck up suburban property around her???? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I think she did a great job of making it look neat and was respectful of her neighbours when planning her garden. My back yard is a random jungle of fruit and veg, flowers and herbs. To me it is the most beautiful in a ten mile radius, others may think its an unmitigated disaster.

Yet, I look beyond my wonderful sanctuary and see the boring landscape of suburbia. A severe lack of diversity. A drought of free living. The neighbours spraying weed-killer and chopping down trees.

Unhappy suburban shoppers, emptying their trunks of the days shopping. Full of disposables and boxes of individual servings. I suppose they didn't even stop to consider the ones that have to live by the landfills.

Live and let live people. It is ok to judge. It's human nature. Just do not let your first judgement be a brick wall. We may only have one life on this Earth, should we be wasting our precious time worrying about property values? Should we deny our brothers and sisters the right to sow seeds of life?

A word from the wise (points shaky finger) "Get off my lawn"

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

Read the story, understand what is really going here. The woman is angree a nd wants to piss people off, just as I have with you, and people like you. This wasn't an act of sensibility, it's an act of irritation. Piss off the government the local government. I made my post to bring attention to the fact that people will fallow a mob mentality, rather than make a real argument to what I'm saying. Most of the people spoke poorly me, didn't look deeper in to the story, and looked like morons. The fact is the woman was not on the right, she was pissed that her yard was dug up by the city, and did something to stir up people's emotions. Show before during, and after pictures of the city digging up her yard, and I will agree with the jackasses that just want to go along with the story of her being an inacint just (for some reason) grong a garden in her front yard, rather than her back yard. It's a buls* news story when you look in to it. The reson i made this post to ban with was the fact that people will yell about thing that they haven't even really researched them selves, but because they see it as a part of their "cause." Go research this story, and then tell me what you think.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Read the story, understand what is really going here. The woman is angree a nd wants to piss people off, just as I have with you, and people like you. This wasn't an act of sensibility, it's an act of irritation. Piss off the government the local government. I made my post to bring attention to the fact that people will fallow a mob mentality, rather than make a real argument to what I'm saying. Most of the people spoke poorly me, didn't look deeper in to the story, and looked like morons. The fact is the woman was not on the right, she was pissed that her yard was dug up by the city, and did something to stir up people's emotions. Show before during, and after pictures of the city digging up her yard, and I will agree with the jackasses that just want to go along with the story of her being an inacint just (for some reason) grong a garden in her front yard, rather than her back yard. It's a buls* news story when you look in to it. The reson i made this post to ban with was the fact that people will yell about thing that they haven't even really researched them selves, but because they see it as a part of their "cause." Go research this story, and then tell me what you think.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spiderbadarse

You are missing the point.

It doesn't even matter WHY she did it....the point is that she has every RIGHT to do it.
It is her property, maybe she couldn't afford a lawn, maybe she was HAPPY they dug it up, so that she could start afresh with a veggie patch.

The point is, people should not be making complaints about what a person decides to use their property for. You don't need a permit to grow a garden.....yet.....If this keeps on though, that will become the norm and the majority of people would like to have a choice, without the beurocracies.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Sorry, but you are the one missing the point.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join