It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding that the woman who grew an ugly garden in her yard is wrong.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by spiderbadarse

humm..i was under the impression "white trash" eat doritos and mountain dew? You're telling me they actually grow and eat veggies?

She pays for the house and she pays property tax...enough said. She can do whatever she wants in my opinion.
I am so glad I have great neighbors instead of aholes like yourself.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Epic fail on your argument and thread.

There is nothing wrong with her having a garden in her front lawn. Let her do what she wants with her property. To me it is a lot better than having a lawn and is better for you. And it does not look trashy, it looks fine.

reply to post by caladonea

Yes, I already have read about the one in Tennessee, and now this one. Interesting to see 2 of these type of cases pop up. Truly sad that they are worried about what people do with their front lawns, instead of the bigger things that are out there, that are actually serious.
edit on 7/14/2011 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This is the first time I actually saw the offending garden.

Really? Four neat boxes with some plants is an eyesore? Really?

The way some of the tyrannical nanny-staters have been going on I just assumed she had some raggedy chicken wire surrounding overgrown weeds making home for rats and mice.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If my front or back garden was that neat, I'd be happy
The owner really just needs to block the view, hazel or hawthorn should do the trick

That said, there is something darker going on here...on the article's comments section, as soon as 'codex alimentarius' came up, the thread was closed...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticpride
If my front or back garden was that neat, I'd be happy
The owner really just needs to block the view, hazel or hawthorn should do the trick

I'd find it hard to resist pushing the absurdity of the complaint.

I'd get a couple hundred yards of camo netting and enclose the front yard with it.

See how the neighbors like that.

If they want to push some feud over 6 tomatoes plants in raised bed I'll do my best to make the most of the feud.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

lol, or if they insist on flowers, theres always the giant hogweed...or if they want grass, theres loads of intrusive bamboos...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I don't think there are two separate stories. Please correct me if I am wrong. Just the one of Julie Bass in Oak Park, Michigan. I don't know where Tennessee came from.

But there are already 2 threads on this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I wonder if she would have received a citation for doing nothing. The city tore up the yard and left it as piles of dirt. In my city if they tear up your yard for a project, they sod it or at least level it and put seed down.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
we must save the property value of the house, screw the homeowner! they are too stupid anyway, saving the value of the property makes the homeowner more wealthy and the country more tax revenue.

i propose the following.

1.appropriate funds for the following.
2.pick a commitee .
3.decide the correct grass height and color/shade of green.
4. choose what if any lawn ornamatation is allowed and possible location regualations.
5.setup an enforcement department to monitor illegal lawn acttivities and when found arrest/fine the guilty offenders,preferbaly both.

we must get this done as soon as possible as we are losing massive amounts of tax dollars daily.
we are a very large country with hundreds of millions of housing properties with front yards, even a very small % of increased property value will equal a very large amount of wealth for both the country and the homeowners. its a win win/no brainer.

not only will we increase employment by creating regulation and enforcement agencys but also any monies from the fines recieved can be used to pay me even more really smaht ways to save this union.

ps disregard this post and just send all money to me as this would be best. please do so now.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Why is a brit so upset?

Didnt like "Good Neighbors?"

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Listen up people, there are communities that have very strict ordinances/ covenants, communities that have lax ordinances, and communities that have no ordinances at all. If you want to have butt-ugly vegetable planters in your front yard then make sure you pick a community with NO ordinances. But be warned, your neighbors will share your sense of decor, so you can expect even uglier things than you have like wrecked cars sitting on blocks in the front yard. I have served on the architectural review committee for a neighborhood with strict covenants and it's always the same old story- people want everyone else to comply because they want to live in a beautiful neighborhood, but they don't want the rules to apply to themselves because when it comes to themselves they want free reign to do whatever they want. Well enforcing the rules is what keeps the neighborhood beautiful, and that means that if you choose to live in such a neighborhood you CANNOT do whatever you want. That is WHY you pick neighborhoods like that to live in, because you want it to look nice! If you don't care about appearances then that is fine, there are plenty of neighborhoods out there where anything goes.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Just when I finally got my paws on a bit of garden (a garden was originally a piece of ground that food is grown on ), the codex comes to pass which will stop people from using gardens as they were originally intended...doh!
Pharma companies need a kick, not government shielding. We need to boycott all non-essential drugs...or do what the chinese used to...if it doesn't cure or help you in anyway, then no payment.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

The garden wasn't even close to being a mess. It looked great & orderly. Hell, she taught the neighborhood bow to grow their own garden, if they were so declined. The USA is an ass backwards country right now, & it's being run by evil complacent corruption, but the people won't stand for this much longer. So good luck Gov't, you're driving the nails into your own coffins. Morons

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

and IMHO anyone who objects to her actions is very short sighted indeed

what this women has done is very commendable it is what everyone should be doing and if she was in my country I would be supporting her

you sir should hang your head in shame good job bleep bleep like you dosn't not live near me because you would be horrified by my veg plot and if you did I would certainly plant the front drive up as well if any one is white trash it is the person objecting to this

the planet is in a right state and what gets your goat is that someone is trying to do something take a good look at yourself

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yes OP this woman should be punished because she dared to think for her self and consider what she wanted from her own space.

She should be punished because she put work and effort into creating something that will benefit her and that she can share with her neighbours' children instead of yelling at them to 'get off her lawn'.

Overall the best reason for her punishment should be that she doesn't want a boring, artificial looking, regimented lawn that requires she spend all her weekends monotonously mowing it like her dumb neighbours who are not really sure why they are doing it.

Of course she should feel the heavy hand of the law for all these reasons

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by spiderbadarse
www.dailymail.co.uk...

I don't know why this made news in in the UK, the biggest police state that exists. The title is is great, a woman who committed a misdemeanor is almost defiantly going to go to jail, from the title. THE TITLE!!!! This woman made a mess out of her front yard. I'm sorry, but if i owned a home in this neighborhood i would pattision for the mess to be removed. It's a crap state with with little property value to begin with, and she want to move in and do the next door to me? Grow what ever you want in your front yard, good landscaping raises property value, what was down here is not good landscaping, its white trash front yard. I my self have been part of comunty gardens, and we made sure not to make it look like garbage. This article is a load of crap. This is a none issue, but It's pushed as if it is an issue.

I would like to welcome people to comment on this as much as possible

Some people probably think you hve a hairy butt. I dont see laws saying you should have to shave it. There should be laws against excessive hairiness. There are other visible places where I see it on people and wish to puke, but still, no laws. Its a matter of opinion and useless to argue over another persons front yard. DOnt be so gay - let people have there fron yard and you go do what you want to yours. Some people call it minding your beeswax. And no, people of Michign are not "forced" to view it on their walks home. Just turn your head if vegetation gets you that agigtated. Geez
edit on 14-7-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I don't know why this made news in in the UK, the biggest police state that exists. The title is is great, a woman who committed a misdemeanor is almost defiantly going to go to jail, from the title. THE TITLE!!!! This woman made a mess out of her front yard. I'm sorry, but if i owned a home in this neighborhood i would pattision for the mess to be removed. It's a crap state with with little property value to begin with, and she want to move in and do the next door to me? Grow what ever you want in your front yard, good landscaping raises property value, what was down here is not good landscaping, its white trash front yard. I my self have been part of comunty gardens, and we made sure not to make it look like garbage. This article is a load of crap. This is a none issue, but It's pushed as if it is an issue.

okay:
"p-e-t-i-t-i-o-n"
"ugly" is a relative word,and food is preferable to lawn any day.Lawns are a huge waste of space, soil nutrients,water and energy.
edit on 14-7-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I often use this scenario when drawing a parralel now what ya say:

If you see a person with a grotesque facial oddity do you ask them to wear a mask? Of course not. They are just trying to live with what they have. Food is cheaper when grown. Plants are a positive thing.

A few points we must remember about getting along in large groups:
1) The govs we create shouldnt be telling us how we can and cannot beautify our property
2) We must ALWAYS rmemeber that we can turn our heads now kiddies
3) Governments should not be telling people what they can and cannot grow.

There are MANY more obvious points that lead an adult to conclude: Let people grow freakin plants on their own property if they wnt and butt out

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I'm sorry my friend,but if you are going to label another human being as "white trash" for making what,to me anyway,looks like a neat little vegetable plot then I truly feel pity for you.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Ah, you misspeak because of your ignorance of the subject matter my friend. She did not wan't to have garden boxes in her front lawn but because of city work that tore up her yard which the city does not replace, she went an alternative path.

We are talking about Detroit here, there is not one house in that neighborhood that is completely sightly and I would know, I lived there most of my life. Nothing short of GOD himself could raise the property value there anyway. White trash front yard....? Lol, guess you don't make it to Detroit much......

This is less about what the yard looks like and more about government micro management. Sure, you could make an argument that it is an eye sore but then again, you could make an argument that this property, house and the yard it sits on belongs to these people and the government can shove there views about it up there anus.

Supposed to be a free country and all that... Remember?

He, he, yeah, vegetables are a horrible sight!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join