It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Sudan independence and Israel??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
In the independence celebration of South Sudan Israeli flags started showing up, this surprised many, no one knew of the Israeli involvement in South Sudan.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37bdf0a4c67e.jpg[/atsimg]

So what is the deal? Was Israel involved in the bloody conflict? Did they incite it? Did they arm one side? These questions might not be answered now, but they will definitely be answered in the future, just like all American secrets eventually came out.

Many argued that the bloody conflict was instigated from outside, and now maybe we have just that much clue of who it might have been.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/78941bd7ffa7.jpg[/atsimg]

Sudan, just like Libya was resisting Zionist aggression against Palestinians, it looks like there is an attempt by Zionist stooges in Europe and US, to divide Libya through the bloodshed and unrest.

Let's not forget, MOSSAD is as powerful and effective as CIA, infact CIA most likely trained them to catch up to their deceptive wars.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
From this link:

Cf. "The [Israeli] Foreign Ministry attaches great significance to South Sudan and appointed a special coordinator to deal with the subject several months ago. The ministry has been exchanging secret messages with the government of South Sudan for a long time. In October 2010, the president of South Sudan, Salva Kiir, declared that Israel is not an enemy and that he will weigh diplomatic relations with it, including the opening of an Israeli embassy in the capital, Juba" (Ilan Lior and Barak Ravid, "Israel to Recognize South Sudan as Independent State," Haaretz

Israel supported them & was one of the first to recognize them as a country, so they are returning the favor.

I live in a country that does not recognize Israel as a country, so this is a show of respect and thanks. It's only news because Israel itself is a hot-button issue. If you took out "Israel" and substituted, I don't know, "Bulgaria", no one would notice or care.

ETA: Here is a Jewish source to put it in perspective.
edit on 14-7-2011 by Schkeptick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

North Sudan was the first country to recognize South Sudan, I'm sure there is more to it than just a recognition, and secret talks. The conflict started long time ago, it didn't just begin couple of months ago.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

The appreciation of the south Sudanese to Israel, is because over the past several years, Israel accepted about 9000 refugees, most of which escaped from Darfur. Not only did they have to escape the Genocide carried out in Sudan, but they also had to evade Egyptian border police, or else end up dead by their guns.
Not everything related to Israel is conspiracy and Mossad nonsense.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Pretty much what gravitational said; Israel's been friendly to the people of South Sudan. No real reason they shouldn't return the sentiment.

That said... there is a certain irony in Israel supporting the rights of a breakaway nation, isn't there?
Aren't they threatening to kill people if the Palestinian Authority declares independence?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

How many million refugees did Pakistan take from Afghanistan? But when those refugees went back to Afghanistan they didn't fly Pakistani flags. I'm reluctant to believe that these people are raising Israeli flags because Israel accepted couple of thousand refugees, who are not even legally allowed to work, and many more forcefully evicted.

Most Sudanese refugees are not in Israel, there are millions of them, and the vast majority are in Kenya, Chad, Uganda and Ethiopia. Israel accepting couple of thousand is insignificant.

Only time will tell, because almost all secrets are bound to come out.
edit on 14-7-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Last I heard, South Sudan was not threatening Israel.

No irony involved. Simple logic.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Nonesense, why wasn' the Australian flag being flown then? We accept vast amounts of refugees (per capita) many being Sudanese.

My guess is because Israel has a long history of warm words and support of the largely African Christian South Sudan as opposed to the largely Arab Muslim North Sudan. Infact as Israel was establishing a periphery alliance with Iran (before 1979 under the Shah) and Turkey, it also supported and looked for support from both Ethiopia and Southern Sudan. Israel has a rather long history of supporting Southern independence.
edit on 14-7-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Ok fine. It those evil Mossad bastards at it again.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/349470fc8236.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Read my post- at no point did I say Israel was behind it. I simply stated Israel has a history of supporting South Sudanese independence (which is a good thing in my book).

Of course you are so blind with your hatred for me, that you will find anyway to make me look bad, even when I am agreeing with an Israeli viewpoint.
edit on 14-7-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Hold your horses mister.
Where do you see I replied to you ?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

My bad sorry. I figured you did. My apologies.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Last I heard, South Sudan was not threatening Israel.

No irony involved. Simple logic.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Sudan is on the list of nations which is opposed to Israeli aggression, and which the US wants to attack and invade. Half is gone, the other half is easier to get rid of. ATS members should be well aware of the Wesley Clark interview.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

That is correct. That still does not explain why Sudanese are carrying Israeli flags, and how there is a supposed irony in the situation.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Look at it this way:

If Group A is at war with Group B, and Group B is at war with Group C. Group C is going to support Group A, and Group A is going to support Group C.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

In the case of South Sudan, it's the mainly Muslim north. It isn't anyone resisting Zionist aggression, it's just a bunch of non-Arab people in South Sudan who had been oppressed by Khartoum and forced from their homes (ex: Darfur) by the Sudanese government and largely Arab militias.

Sudan, just like Libya was resisting Zionist aggression against Palestinians, it looks like there is an attempt by Zionist stooges in Europe and US, to divide Libya through the bloodshed and unrest.

Let's not forget, MOSSAD is as powerful and effective as CIA, infact CIA most likely trained them to catch up to their deceptive wars.

You are so unbelievably wrong. Sudan was oppressing its non-Arab and non-Muslim people, not resisting foreign aggression. Only aggression they were resisting was the aggression of the people they oppressed. If the Mossad were operating inside of Sudan, they'd probably take the easy route and just assassinate the idiot.

Of course you will disagree with me, since George Clooney and I are really Mossad misinfo agents.

Shalom.

top topics

join