It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Releases First Campaign Ad For TV

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

This video talks about how reagan was forced into signing the legislation that also raised the government debt. ceiling or how reagan compromised. He also showed facts to back it up (the new york times article.) Talks about how democrats promised spending cuts but only brought tax increases. He also used facts to back up this claim (the washington post article.) Talks about how in the 90's bush sr. promised this and that but only brought on more tax hikes. Well we all know that's factual. He's gonna run based on in this video the debt ceiling, unemployment, 14 trillion in debt, the dollar in decline, also bashed the obama administration for more spending and higher taxes which is what we are seeing exactly. Compromise or conviction, cut spending, balance the budget and no deals. Conviction not compromise. I'm a supporter, are you? Thanks for uploading the video thank you ATS creators for making it possible for us to come here and talk intelligently, or semi anyway. lol

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
Here is what I HOPE is happening:

Last election Paul was just testing the waters so to speak, not really putting any effort into getting elected. Just to get his name out there, so that people would be paying attention to him over the following years.

Then, over the following years, he would make himself known as a true patriot, a true American, and someone that we REALLY need.

Then BAM!!!!! RP2012!!!!

Very good observation. I agree with you.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RickyVelveeta

This is a great video to start with. He did have good content added some good drama its a good video.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

He's playing dirty yes. but the current administration along with the previous 4 administrations ran the country dirty.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by consigliere

It's called faith, if you don't at least have faith then your automatically going to hate all politicians. I think there's some out there that truly want to help out.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
This is a very lousy attempt at a ad campaign.. I wonder how much $ the producers for this video was able to scam from Ron Paul. if Ron Paul was present while this video was made and had a see along experience, he WOULD NOT produce this type of crap for a ad.

Ron Paul can do a back flip since the age of 70.
edit on 15-7-2011 by SelfSustainedLoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Cantmakedisup

Well, I'm glad to know you support the way the country is currently handled. Are you one of those people that just vote deomcrat without doing research on other potential candidates?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

WTF are you smoking? I have two topics for you to look into: Diebold voting machines and electoral votes. Come back after your "eureka" moment. Plus the fact that the other choice was John McCain(what a joke). I did not vote for either of the phonies. I voted for Ron Paul in the primaries and when his name didn't show up on the election ballot I refused to vote for either of the 2 evils.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

I agree that this country's elites are very very corrupted. Wouldn't you like to see Ron Paul try though?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I like the ad. RP is not just another candidate in a sea of shlock and he can't win playing the typical politician game. I don't watch TV, but if this got wide play, it would grab young voters attention. Win their hearts and he wins (though how many young voters are registered Reps, so in many states they can't vote for him in the primary. Reminds me I need to reregister so I can).

I sneered at RP voters in the last election. I didn't think his ideas had any merit. After years of war, though, he's won me over. He's pragmatic about what he could really accomplish. His plan lays out the path to success with an understanding he won't be on much of the path himself, just the beginning.

Ron Paul is a weak speaker, though. The high voice, constant rambling, and poor body language costs him in interviews and debates. Get some coaching, and he may have a shot.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I think it will alienate liberals and I think that if RP stands a chance, it will be b/c some of his issues cross party lines and he could get a LOT of swingvotes.

You are mistaken, this Ad is aimed at Republican primary voters, Ron has to win the primary vote from his conservative base before he can change to ads that appeal to the entire populace.
The interesting thing is that the democratic primary will get no press this time, it's boring it's Obama, we all know that. The GOP primary will be watched much more closely, as it is wide open.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerrickKyle19
reply to post by Shenon

I agree that this country's elites are very very corrupted. Wouldn't you like to see Ron Paul try though?

Of course i would. I may not be an American,but Ron Paul seems to be one of the very few Politicans who is able to see what is really going on,and isn´t afraid to say it out loud.

He can try,but i doubt he would be able to do much. I think the only way he can suceed is by destroying the whole System to make a new one without the Corrupt Elements.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Possibly the most intense campaign add ever. Not saying because of that vid hes got my vote. If someone wants to decriminalize pot then maybe.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Insted of debates the runners up should do some "evryday work" common,man manual labor. I sound crazy but I kinda feel likw our last couple of presidents arnt human, or was at one time but sold thwir soul along thw way

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT!!
I have been rooting for Ron Paul ever since he hit the election scene years ago..
Some of the ideas he had would bring us to the neutrality we need to be great in the future. If the apocolypse isn't soon lol

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by otie1

UHM RON PAUL WANTS TO LEGALIZE POT SILLY
he wants to end prohibition...basically

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Well...it's nice to see a dumbed down ad for Ron Paul that will appeal to the general American public...at least he will get his name out there and the fat pigs may decide to do a little research on their own and investigate the real issues and where each candidate stands on them.

Couldn't have worded it any better myself

I wished this gets played during the movie theater's previews

Or maybe he should really do a full length documentary movie

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
wow, dynamic campaign ad

but not a word that he intends to
destroy Social Security. I wonder
why Paul is avoiding this issue??
Social Security was not even
discussed in the last GOP debate
on TV. Why was this ??? by design ???

If America knew,
they wouldn't vote for him.

Go ahead Paul, kick seniors to the curb.
Social Security is against the Constitutional
Law. He will starve them old folks out and
cut off their meds and deny their med insurance.

Better make a hell of a lot of caskets.

Can't believe I said that as I voted for
Ron Paul in the last election as a write-in
candidate. If I had known then what his
stance was, I would not have done it.

Oh and don't forget, all you folks here at ATS
who are surviving on disability???

Disability is issued under Social Security.
If SS goes down, then so does all disability
payments. The disabled will starve as well.

Am I wrong ???

Please show me one video where Paul
approves of keeping Social Security !!!

Paul is a Libertarian/Constitutionalists.

If it isn't in the Constitution, then it's gotta go.
Social Security is NOT in the Constitution.

edit on 7/15/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Sorry, didn't mean to spoil your Ron Paul Party.
But the truth is the truth.

Or maybe Jack Nicholson was right:

"You can't handle the truth!!!!"

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Folks, Ron Paul has been running for President since God was a girl. He has run as a Libertarian and as a Republican. He is a gadfly; a pleasant distraction. He is the Dennis Kucinich or Ralph Nader of the Libertarian Right. His economics is in my humble opinion is absolutely looney-tunes from a public policy standpoint and he doesn't have any other issues. He is never going to be elected president and that is a good thing.

Paul, however, is useful. His opposition to unnecessary and hugely expensive war-making is outstanding. Mr Paul would like to end the Fed but if it end some other central bank, perhaps the Bank of England, would step in to control U.S. interest rates. However his drive to audit the Fed is great.

But have fun supporting Mr Paul.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join