It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The video congress does not want you to see

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Me thinks some people in congress are shorting the markets... then voting for bills that will actually crash the markets.

Yep congress being immune from insider trading laws.

The list
edit on 14-7-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Goldman Sachs front running to the fed is corrupt enough. That is public knowledge, this kind of stuff gets ignored because it is obviously there..

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Politicians should be paid very little...so that the people who end up in power want to be there solely to help the state/nation.

It has been thousands of years now where criminals are in control of everything.

We need philanthropists and philosophers running the world and the crooks should all be tied to a fire ant mound and covered in custard

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Maaan... I'm in the wrong damn business. Honestly, if these numbers are accurate... just... @*#!ing wow...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I do not know enough to say whether this is likely or not. Something I have noticed recently though and that I would like to share is this: I have started watching a lot of the House of Reps on television, and I was surprised that quite a few individuals in the House seemed authentic and honest, like they generally were out to help us out. A stat that I did notice, just an observation, is that the majority of these types of members were Dems. I would say they comprised roughly 80% of the members who seemed sincere and willing to stand up for the people.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Yep 17 Enrons before Christ and 53 after all human history ponzi schemes involving cost of labour.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
All I have to say is, find out what Obama is buying and do the same

Seriously though, if you think about it this make perfect sense. When they know which companies are going to be bailed out or not, they can just buy or short the stock and get rich. Also this video only covered the reps themselves. What about their spouses, brothers, sisters, aunts, cousins and friends who they may have also shared their secrets with? No one should be exempt from the law.

Almost every company runs contests or sweepstakes. It says very clearly in the fine print that employees and family members cannot enter. We need a similar law in that anyone elected to government office and their family members cannot directly invest in the equities market (a blind trust or some other arrangement) and also that they must disclose ALL of their personal holdings.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

We need philanthropists and philosophers running the world and the crooks should all be tied to a fire ant mound and covered in custard

Isn't that cruelty to the fire ants by serving them tainted politician meat.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I do not know enough to say whether this is likely or not. Something I have noticed recently though and that I would like to share is this: I have started watching a lot of the House of Reps on television, and I was surprised that quite a few individuals in the House seemed authentic and honest, like they generally were out to help us out. A stat that I did notice, just an observation, is that the majority of these types of members were Dems.

Fooled you; did they? They just talk "pretty"(like "obummer");
Make no mistake: Evey single one is up there because of the power they receive; not to "help you"

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus

I would say they comprised roughly 80% of the members who seemed sincere and willing to stand up for the people.

edit on 14-7-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I can honestly say, if I were in the position of no insider trading laws I would do the exact same thing!! Think about how you would act in that situation.....I hate them for it, but in the same aspect, I don't blame them.....How are normal laws tossed out the window of "some" people??? Makes no sense to me.....

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

This makes sense why the bailed out the banks then and all the industries. They wanted to profit from their decisions. Sickening. I would not get mad with a bit of skimming, but when they are outright rigging the economy for personal gain then I am outraged.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Good video, this is why it gets me upset why the average voter defends these self-serving people.

They never had our interest at heart. How can they even know what the average American is going through, when they receive the kind of perks, health care benefits and income most people just dream about! Anyone who continues to defend either party is just shooting themselves in the foot.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What about when they actually do voting itself, and like this episode in texas,

www.youtube.com...

Looks all the world like a stock exchange

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Of course they are there to get rich. Why else would someone go into politics? I really wish I am wrong, but i don't believe there to be one shred of legitimacy or integrity in national or global politics. To quote Jordan Maxwell, who I believe to be a high ranking Freemason, "poly means many, and tics are blood sucking insects, so politicians are a bunch of blood drinking pests", and the blood their drinking is our blood!
edit on 14-7-2011 by cointelprotroll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I mean really guys, is this really anything new to you guys? We know what kind of people are running this country. I want to see legislation passed that states a public official makes what the people they represent make. If the average income is $50K then thats what you make. If you are doing a good job, you helped bring jobs to your district or state and the average is 100K then the representative makes that much. Just like the rest of us, if we work hard, for the most part we can expect a raise. Same should apply to them. The real question is what is everyone going to do about the corruption besides post on ATS?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The information is never more in your face when you can see BOTH parties equally sucking the blood of the people and increasing their net worth thousands fold.
I for one appreciate the lesson in pily sci.
It should be smeared across the newspapers of the country and the barricades should be aalready up in the streets.
Oh right this is amerika......

equal rights......for who?
governmentgonewild.org...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Interesting. Just proof of more corruption in the Government. I signed up for their email.

Kinda creeped me out through, they wanted my name and zip. Thought for a sec, hey, if they wanted to find me, they could do it easily. Felt like I just went into a database of cointel. Wierd.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Politicians are paid little. It's the kickbacks that make them fat. You think Japanese politicos are not corrupt? Try Jap roads to nowhere.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Great post!

I wish this guy had a list of who, how much, when, and where. He just spits out a lot of numbers but where did the rest of the information come from? who are his sources, and does he have a list of members who profited?

That would even be more damning.

EDIT:

I found the list... wow...

The List

edit on 7/14/2011 by ugie1028 because: found the list.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This piece of sh*t called the USA is made up of nothing but liers (obama is a lier) crooks, fat asses, zombies and deserves to be destroyed. I'm praying for that day to come soon. You blind fools, idiots that sit on your ass everyday as you stuff your stupid mouth. God (damn) this nation of liers and perverts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join