It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church Settles Lawsuite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This just hit my local News
makes you wonder how they hide all the abuse ..
The priest in question has been dead 10 years and they are just now paying out this case

Sourse

Put a little more in the offering plate..you now know where its going !
edit on 13-7-2011 by granpabobby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

wow..can't believe I missed this post grandpabobby.

Sadly there are probably literally 1000's of cases that will never see the light. many victims of abuse are so ashamed that they would never speak out about in in public..(maybe to close friends and family)..or somehow they are brainwashed into thinking it was their own fault it happened.

I shudder to think what has been swept under the rug , or kept a secret by those too ashamed to talk. Unfortunately greed for money brings out a few "bogus" cases.... but I strongly believe there are so many others...especially from the times when no one dared talk of this... that will never be brought to the attention of the public.

And the Catholic church wonders why there has been a huge decline in the priesthood?? Maybe because the clergy does not have much respect these days....as well as the fact that it is Ok to be homesexual in todays society, without hiding behind the priestly garments.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The Church seems onlt interested in damage control
They tell Nuns this did not happen and you are forbidden to speak of it

Silence is Golden..Duct tape is Silver...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I actually can't believe the Church survived the whole abuse scandel given how huge it was.

It's amazing to me how many people just swept this under the rug and kept their blinders on.

new topics

top topics

join