It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mark of The Beast 666 , or is it χξϚ ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Ok , most of us here on ATS know Rev 13:18 , right ?

Just to be safe here it is ....Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [is] Six hundred threescore [and] six.

There has been MUCH speculation as to what this Mark will be , don't believe me ? Do a quick search for yourself . You will see everything from bar codes to Obama to Nero , a Roman emperor , all mentioned as a possible coded 666 .

Seeing how they can't all be right , I would think it's a pretty safe bet that we might be missing something . Could we be missing something by not looking at the original depiction of this number ?

After poking around the Internet I found this , χξϚ . That , so states the Source , is the original scripting of the term " 666 " , in the original Greek .

Could the " χξϚ " depiction it's self be the symbol of this Mark of the Beast ? Could we all be missing the whole point by stumbling over it's translated 666 cousin ?

I would be interested to hear your comments , or better yet , if you have seen this symbol marking something please put up a link

χξϚ
Transliteration: chi-xi-stigma
Pronunciation: khī ksē stēg-ma
edit on 13-7-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The number may not have been 666 originally, but if it was it could be attributed to Emperor Nero Caesar, who was around during the time Revelations was written.

EDIT: I skipped over the part where you already mentioned Nero, which makes my post redundant. I think it's a better explanation, as I don't believe the ancient people had a desire to be so esoteric. Why should an important symbol be only known to a few people? A truly important one would be known more universally.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 13-7-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I don't know what you are really looking for. I just entered χξϚ into Google and these links came up....

en.wikipedia.org...

reconcenter.com...

www.laparola.net...

lexicon.katabiblon.com...

answers.yahoo.com...

reconcenter.com...

These are probably not much help as you have searched around already. If I see the mark of the beast anywhere I will let you know. When I first initially looked at the χξϚ, I just saw the random word sex, but I have a thing about words and anagrams.........

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

the chi-xi-stigma is translated as (hee)(xsee) and sigma - more accurate transliteration hopefully.

ἑξακόσιοι ἑξήκοντα ἕξ, hexakósioi hexēkonta héx, 666 (600 sixty six) in greek.

the symbology here is intriguing - the shape of the greek χξϚ instantly reminded me

of the ouroboros; remember, in any code encrypted by a higher intelligence, there are layers

of meaning nested within other layers....Is 666 shaped like a comet or cluster of planetary bodies???

the sigma looks like the snake chasing its tail...

Curious as to the shape and sounds in hebrew for 666 ->

see here for a quick description

(scroll midway down) of how hebrew letters are given numerical values, ie., as in drosnin's bible code I and II

series books with a matrix code.
edit on 7/13/2011 by drphilxr because: bit more

edit on 7/13/2011 by drphilxr because: some more

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Aw , proving paragraph 3 with the first reply

Now back on topic , could the symbol it's self " χξϚ " , be the mark of the beast ?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Lots of speculation on this one but I'm still going with Obama. No one can be that evil and still be called human.

Can't shake it...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I don't know but I am almost positive the mark of the beast has something to do with the brainwashed mentality of most of the world. They are all deceived. Whatever the symbol stands for I am certain it is not simply a number but something more metaphysical.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by davethebear

You know what , I to saw " sex " in that symbol when I first glanced at it .

Same here. I have always believed it was a Greek symbol, not a literal number, as in a Mark or Trademark, so to speak. If one considers it to be like a trademark, it does not have a translation, per se, but acts as a symbol only. If it is a symbol only, it is definitely SEX backwards. Backwards is also characteristic of evil. Even the word, EVIL, is the opposite of LIVE. I'm going with SEX backwards, as it can be considered a Mark. If so, it could refer to the lust of the last days that would infect many, turning their spirits away from Love, the Love of God, "agape", and toward lust "eros".

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by satron

Aw , proving paragraph 3 with the first reply

Now back on topic , could the symbol it's self " χξϚ " , be the mark of the beast ?

Yes, it's possible. Are you familiar with Walid Shoebat? He claims to be an ex-PLO terrorist although some have disputed this. What isn't disputed is that he is a former Muslim who has converted to Christianity. It is his belief that indeed the symbol written into the original text is the MOB. He then goes on to tie the symbol to Islam. He claims the symbol is a combination of the Islamic symbols for Allah and Islam. You can read more and compare the symbols with the Greek text here:

www.beholdthebeast.com...

Shoebat also says the fact that the mark is to be on the forehead or back of the hand also ties the mark to Islam since those are the locations that terrorists wear their symbols (on bandannas).

Surprisingly, there are pro-Islam web sites that actually identify the number 666 as representing the Koran, and they claim identifying this number with the MOB is Satan's doing. You can read more here:

www.66619.org...

Personally I don't tie myself down to these or any other interpretations (chip implant, tattoo, etc.) as interesting and persuasive as they may be, because we simply do not know what the mark will be yet. We do know from Revelation 14:9-11 that an angel will fly through the skies warning people not to take the mark before it's implemented, so I am convinced that the mark will be a conscious choice that people make to either side with God or Satan. There will be no doubt what the implications of taking the mark are.

EDIT TO ADD: sorry, I meant to post Shoebat's website and forgot, it's here:

www.shoebat.com...

His testimony is very interesting, read through his site if you get a chance. Also you might be interested in this YouTube video in which he explains his interpretation of the mark:

www.youtube.com...

edit on 13-7-2011 by SavedOne because: Added info

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Yeah, I am glad it's just not me who is smitten by words and anagrams, they have always intrigued me, when I first looked at it I saw the word SEX.

On a stupid point, if the actual χξϚ was the mark of the beast, let's say as a cattle iron for marking cattle, then the wording that you see is a bit like the shortend form of the word EXCESS, very similar to the way that people used shortened words in text messaging on cell/mobile phones today. Maybe that's it, the world hasn't done it's final amount of EXCESS yet for the beast to actually return....

Also,the word EXCESS in Greek is υπερβολή, which means EXAGGERATION in english............mmmmmmmm

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Something I had saved in my favorites. I have quite a few, this part is relevant to your OP..

Chi = Χ = 600
Xi = ξ = 60
Stigma = ϛ = 6
That was the original three letters and their numerical value in Greek text.
So it looks like this:
Χξϛ = numerical value 666
And what that means is the the word:
Christ in Greek began with Chi=Χ and ends with Sigma=ς
So back in time people would write or mark things as old Christians like this:
Χς= Christos:
(Jesus' whole Name in Greek has Numerical Value 888)
So the Anti-Christ is like it as beginning with
Χ=Chi=600
BUT... the following Greek Letter is the Serpent shaped letter:
ξ=Xi=60
(ξ=Xi is a Serpent-like in the middle to obstruct Christos in Symbol Χς in Greek letters..numerical value=60:
And:
Sigma/small "s"=ς used to denote the "s" in Khristos/Christ, then:
Sigma=small "s"=ς changes to:
Stigma/small corrupted "s"=ϛ=6 to also have a snake-like appearance like Xi=ξ in the middle of Χξϛ=Chi>Xi>Stigma.
Anointed One = Christos = Χς
gets perverted to:
Anti-Christ = Χξϛ = 666
Now You know a Something that tons of Ecumenical=One World Religion professing Christian Church-Bangers do not even know nor want to know the Real Deal of:
666=Χξϛ

Source: therr.posterous.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitoveryet
I was born in AZ and my Birth Certificate number is 666184, am I still in the running, or does this post disqualify me?

Yeah isitoveryet,

You are still in the running, but seems as though there are another 183 infront of you in the line........So hang in there, you never know..............

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Personally, I currently think that the Nero theory fits in such a way to make it more than coincidence. I do however acknowledge your idea, and would like to say good job for thinking outside of the box, and I will keep it in mind for future discussions.

You know, I was just thinking, that not many here can read Greek and other ancient languages used in Biblical writings, and we have to get all of our information from second or third-hand sources. It is like this with just about everything we discuss here. I wish we could broaden our user-base, recruiting more specialized members to patrol and comment on certain topics. Although I will admit that sources such as Wikipedia and others are usually correct in most aspects, how can we be sure if we are not experts? I suppose it really isn't a big deal, since there is not much we can do about it, except become experts on a particular subject, but that is relatively difficult from an academic standpoint. I am just rambling now, lol.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
666 refers to DNA. It is in everything on this planet and possibly the universe. DNA is the ultimate marker/identifier.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The beast is the illuminated one,he stands in the light,for all to see. He is kind and soft spoken,he watches out for those who are less fortunate,reviled by socitety,he fights the good fight,and is loved by all who know him. Now all you bible thumpers,those who judge him,will be judged by him.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Dear OP,

Thanks for your post! I would just like to mention that 666 has a definite meaning that any S.'.R.'.P.'.S.'. (32* S.R. Mason) knows. It can only be given as received but I'm sure you could find the answer if you tried hard enough and perhaps got lucky. It is the True Name and has the gematric value of 666.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join