It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suntrust is proudly still Suntrust(?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I saw this add today and thought to myself, What the **** are they talking about?
If i owned a business called Suntrust I would never ever make a marketing campaign that reads "Suntrust is still Suntrust". Of course it is! I'm still me, you are still you, and everyone knows that. So why spend money (probably a lot of it) to advertise this????
edit on 13-7-2011 by BrianC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I know its not a big deal, and not really worth wasting anybody's time to talk about a weird decision by an immoral company but since this is in the rant section, where run on sentences are completely necessary as to keep one coherent train of angry rant-think, i just want to say I hate you suntrust, even if no one else reads this I just need it to be on paper/internet so that one day when someone says "hey what do you think of suntrust" and I say "i dont know i guess theyre alright" that stranger who always asks weird questions on the bus pulls out a tiny microfuturecomputingdevice and says "well here it says you think suntrust sucks" because they do and no one should ever let me or themselves forget, put it online for all to see (end rant)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

In case there is another ATS member who is puzzled, here is a little Wikipedia background:

SunTrust Banks, Inc., is an American bank holding company. The largest subsidiary is SunTrust Bank. It had US $172.7 billion in assets as of September 30, 2009. SunTrust Bank's most direct corporate parent was established in 1891 in Atlanta, where its headquarters remain.
SunTrust operates approximately 1,700 bank branches across Southern states, including Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Washington, D.C.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
That does seem a bit redundant. I opened an account with them a couple of years ago, because I needed a bank account that I could open online without any hassle, and then discard it. It worked well for that purpose, but then I never used them or the card they sent any longer. I don't know much about them though, other than at the time they were the only bank I could find that was doing what I needed.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I think it's a jab at some banks that got taken over by bigger banks and pretty much had everything that was good about them destroyed. Usually after such takeover, the banks start putting anti-customer policies in place. If you know somebody that had an account with Wamu and then left or is considering leaving very soon after the Chase takeover, you'd probably get the joke Suntrust is making.

Then again, a lot of people are moving accounts to credit unions for the same point which Suntrust is trying to make. Not everyone is stupid enough to put up with nonsense when it comes to accessing their own money.

top topics

join