It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama ‘Abruptly’ Walks From Meeting: Cantor

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
reply to post by getreadyalready

I once posed this same question to my mom, who is 74, and lived through WWII, whether or not these times are different, more scary than what her generation went through. Her answer was that "at least they knew who they were fighting against back then and that it was different." That whole "different" word makes me worried.
edit on 13-7-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling

edit on 13-7-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling

Your mom is a wise woman. They knew WHO and WHAT they were fighting...that is what makes it different.
We have to rely on what we see and what we are told as well as what we can figure out is going on.

After reading this whole thread and the replies...is it any wonder not only Obama walked out...but two other congress men did as well? Do y'all not think that what is being discussed in those meetings between Obama and Congress are not just as ego based...personally based that "I/we're right and the rest of you are not"?
Everybody has an agenda...and no one...so it appears can see the forest for the peons that the government works for...

These people in D.C. have seen this coming a long time...the upper crust, believe me put what they need aside but just couldn't seem to remember to tell US their employer what was up...but then...how many Amerikans out there would have really listened, had they been told?...y'all do the math. Too many, too comfortable in their middle class bubbles.

What will they do? Won't know until it happens...but I guarantee that whatever choices are made will NOT be in the best interest of the Amerikan people, if they choose to keep their mouths shut and let their "Daddy O" run the show.

Obama won't get my vote...nor will anyone else that sounds too good to be true...(Ron Paul)...do either.
"Folks...we got trouble right here in River City".

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Can I say that I wish he would keep walking; that I want no part of anything he has brought with is Presidency and while I am making unlikely wishes, I wish we could unwind everything that have been done by this and the past two Presidencies, Bush and Clinton; our country was America then, we were loved around the world and times were good.

I will add that hearing today of the sum 80M that has been raised for the Obama re-election that the enemies of our country we need to worry about are not in the Middle East, they are right here, and yes, definitely right here on ATS as well.

I too say my prayers each night and pray that the Federal Government SHUTS DOWN! And as for you who feed at the public trough...well, I don't want to commit a TOS Violation

edit on 13-7-2011 by MajorKarma because: Typos

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
I can see why hes upset, if this doesn't go well he'll secure infamy in the history books. but he's definitely not handling himself well.

-more like a kid on the playground.

This is crucial-- and your bump's up a star.
Tim Geithner has already described the economy as critical,
and the coming depression worse than anybody living has
ever experienced. This indicates TPTB have agreed to let
the puppets go parrot 'sky is falling' because the object is
to REWRITE HISTORY into nonexistence, at least as far
as truth's concerned.
The final page will probably be from the original "Time
Machine" movie, where the (apparently) last of the ring
records describe only a few humans per square mile
above ground. Is it time to MOOOoove to Paraguay yet?
I dunno, doubtful if many crack shots can do Eloi well...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins
reply to post by hab22

"The filthy rich don't need all that money. Heck, 5% of the people control 80% of the assets in this country."

That is exactly why things are broke now.. The distance between the normal working person who keeps this country going and some prick CEO is just a joke.. What i really dont get is why and how they get poor people to buy into the propaganda. Yeah, let me pay that for you sir. You need a shoe shine while we are at it? Some people..

Did you have steak for dinner? Wow you don't really need that steak now, when all those children are starving in Africa...... how dare you have steak when children are starving

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
MORE OBAMA BS BIG LIES TO SCARE THE ONES DEPENDENT ON HIM:

(from Feb 2011)

money.cnn.com...
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- What happens to Social Security if the government shuts down?

"People don't get their Social Security checks." That was President Obama at a press conference last week.

And this is Harry Reid, the top Democrat in the Senate, in a statement on Tuesday: "A shutdown could ... mean no Social Security checks for seniors."

During the last major shutdown, which lasted about a month starting in late 1995, the Social Security Administration mailed checks throughout the crisis, and a close reading of established law makes clear the agency has the legal authority to do so again.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Hi Holly,
Yeah, my mom and her generation went through stuff....like real hunger pains, going without so many things. And here we are, this generation who has had it all. So much, so much instant gratification without a second thought as to what we might not have. Still, as of today it's the same 'ol same 'ol. Until something bad happens, none of us will say a word.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by Kitilani

Why do you always take Obamas downfalls and try to turn them into someone elses downfalls.

I am not. Nice that you mentioned it though. That is exactly what is going on here. Eric Cantor says Obama stormed out. Obama says he convened for the night and expects to pick back up tomorrow. Eric Cantor already bragged about walking out of a talk earlier.

Get it?????????

Eric was the little girl that picked up her ball and went home. She even bragged about it. Now Obama says, hey lets get some rest and start again tomorrow - Cantor runs to a mic and yells that Obama walked out on him.

Why do you guys fall for this crap? Because hating Obama is that easy? There is hate and there is blind hate. I see far too much of one here.

And why is it that anyone who dislikes this president is part of the GOP?

This is a GOP driven story. It comes from Cantor.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Good thread, and I need this. F&S. They stuck me on night shift,
and the best news wire on the Web is ATS. THANK YOU ALL!

My take on this, is the petrobuck erosion is making big chunks
of the infrastructure ineffectual as people are getting furloughed or
outright let go from their government yobs... while the guys
up on top are arguing which color to paint the lifeboats THEY'll be
using, one last time. I'd actually be quite livid if there wasn't so
much sodium flouride coming through my tap now.
Might as well read up on my ISP's skyscraper about Nancy
Grace's getting flamed for 'going too far' about Casey Anthony
instead of watch the TV for news. Worthless. And does anybody
know who's on Dancing with the 'Tards tonight?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

Obama "convened" for the night, lol that's a real gem. Nice Obama can "convene" when the rest of the jury is ready to get down to brass tacks.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Obama is a punk kid whining to his parents about needing his inflated allowance so the other kids don't laugh at him.

They're sucking on your paycheck, your paycheck belongs to your family. Next Obama threaten to stop making payments to the people, and they can easily cut spending by wasteful and redundant bureaucracies.
edit on 14-7-2011 by Dbriefed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Give the man a break.
Everyone knows he had to get ready for yet another vacation.
Besides, you don't want to keep Michelle waiting, do you?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
"know when to walk away, know when to run..." ~snippet from country tune sung by Kenny Rogers.

What really happened behind "closed door"? See, we are outside and the people want to know by August 2. So until that time, we all could speculate why he made that move.

Expect the debt ceiling to be raised (as done by prior administration(s) or just file for bankruptcy and be done with it...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

President Barack Obama “abruptly” walked out of today’s White House meeting with legislative leaders on the federal deficit, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor told reporters. Cantor said he told Obama “we are far apart” on proposals to cut the deficit and raise the U.S. debt limit. The president “got very agitated” and said, “Don’t call my bluff; I am going to the American people,” said Cantor, a Virginia Republican. Obama “shoved back from the table” and left, Cantor said. “We’re so far apart and going back on the momentum,” Cantor said.

This is pure scripted drama and political theater. I'm shocked they didn't come on CNN tonight and ask the American public to pop some popcorn.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Wow... look at all of you. So high and mighty. I assume that you all would compromise and let America be destroyed by idiocy?

Not raising taxes on the top %2 and corporations, making students pay their interest on their loans while they are still in college and remove the deferral, etc etc etc.

This Cantor fellow seems only interested in protecting his money and the money of big business. It isn't like they actually have to earn their money, they were born into rich families. All the while students wallow in debt because this country won't make higher education free like so many developed nations do, all the while multi-millionaires and insanely rich corporations don't have to pay their fair share in taxes, all the while the future of this country for the next generation is rapidly circling the drain.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
You guys realize Cantor is hedging his bets
On a collapse??? I understand some of the mistrust
And hatred for Obama, but I do not understand you guys
Ignoring the fact that Cantor will benefit from a poor
Outcome. This is relevant when you match it to his position
And this approach with public relations. Cantor is stonewalling,
Look at his actions and his financial position.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-7-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Look, I don't like Obama either, but many of you are confused. The Republicans are the ones acting like babies in this scenario, and they are not being reasonable. They have been offered most of what they wanted and yet they still refuse. I hope this ends their party in the long run, because it is obvious they are doing this not to protect the people, but to protect their own interests and the interests of friends and associates. How can you not see that?

And some of you are extremely hypocritical. More than one gop member has walked out of these talks, yet no one is bashing them. You are just looking for a reason to jump Obama, because it is easier to lay blame on him, instead of either accepting the fact that you may be wrong, or the fact that the system is an organism that constantly needs balancing out. One man cannot fix what needs to be fixed, and the gop is making this much worse.

I support whichever party has the right idea at the right time, and the two-party system will be part of the downfall of this country. The gop will not recognize a good idea by a liberal just because of the party difference, and vice versa. It is ridiculous.
edit on 7/14/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I would say, in my opinion of course....

GO AHEAD!

DENY THE ELDERLY THEIR HARD EARNED SOCIAL SECURITY CHECKS!
DENY AMERICAN SOLDIERS WHO RISK THEIR LIVES FOR OUR FREEDOM, THEIR PAYCHECKS!
DENY THE DISABLED THEIR ONLY MEANS TO SURVIVE.

AND MARK MY WORDS AS GOD IS MY WITNESS (Atheists don't worry, you don;t believe anyway... RIGHT?)

FOR ON THAT DAY, THERE WILL BE A CRY FROM ACROSS THE LAND, THE LIKES OF WHICH HAVE NOT BEEN SEEN SINCE THE FOUNDING OF OUR ONCE GREAT NATION, AND PRAY THAT IT NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN!

ON THAT DAY, THE PEOPLE WILL RISE UP AGAINST YOU AND YOUR MINIONS. AND THEY WILL DECEND UPON YOU WITH THE SHOUT OF A THOUSAND ANGELS AND POUR THEIR WRATH UPON A DESOLATE AND UNBELIEVING TYRANT. AND ON THAT DAY, THE PEOPLE WILL SPEAK AS ONE AND TAKE BACK THIS COUNTRY, OUR COUNTRY AND YOUR DAYS IN OFFICE WILL LEGALY END.

YOU HAVE COMMITTED HIGH CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS AGAINST THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! YOU HAVE TRAMPLED ON OUR RIGHTS, AND LIBERTIES, YOU HAVE LIED TO US AND SENT US LIKE LAMBS TO THE SLAUGHTER! YOU HAVE BOWED TO THE KINGS AND QUEENS OF THE WORLD AND HAVE FORSAKEN THE VERY PEOPLE THAT GAVE RISE TO YOU.

FOR THESE AND MYRIAD OTHER REASONS, YOU WILL NOT RAISE YOUR HAND AGAINST THE AMERICAN PEOPLE! WE ARE YOUR BOSS! WE PUT YOU IN OFFICE AND OUR LAWS DEMAND THAT YOU RESPECT THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE.

Our forefathers were blessed with foresight when they allowed, neigh, almost demanded the 2nd amendment. To protect us from tyrants like you. THIS land was founded on CHRISTIAN principles. Love them or hate them, THAT is a fact NO ONE can deny. And believe me.... there are MANY more of us, than there are of you. GOD AND THE PEOPLE OF AMERICA WILL NOT BE MOCKED!

Slow to anger and QUICK to learn. Enjoy your tenure. IF you are not IMPEACHED and tried for TREASON, you WILL NOT be re-elected without first inciting the people in a way that will make the entire world shake and remember, WE ARE AMERICA! WE WILL NOT LET THE LIKES OF YOU DESTROY US!

Though our light has diminished, WE WILL NOT LET IT BE EXTINGUISHED... AMERICA WILL AGAIN BE THAT SHINING CITY ON A HILL!

And to my friends... STAND STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH!

We must yet endure a little more darkness but HAVE FAITH!
AMERICAS BEST DAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER!

FRANKIE NINJA!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I truly like your post Frankie, but do you really think the people will rise up? I just don't know. Maybe the TSA in the airports molesting people isn't enough. Take some money away, well maybe that will do the trick?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Revolution is on the horizon. there is no way you can deny it. people are losing faith in the govt by the boat loads. the govt that is for the people, by the people no longer exists. govt is for themselves and has become the biggest of big business. the current system no longer works and all the financial strife and political bickering is proof of that.

people are going to start rising up and rebelling. the US is very close to becoming the next Egypt, Libya, etc. protesting does nothing. now is a time of action. prepare for the new amercian revolution. it is coming.

at least thats just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

When you are President of the United States, you DONT get to walk out of the very talks that are designed to SAVE YOUR NATION!

I don't care how you cook it and serve it... THIS WHOLE FINANCIAL MESS LIES SQUARELY ON HIS SHOULDERS and PLEASE! don't try to blame Bush.. AGAIN. That claim is as old and lame as global warming.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join