It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama ‘Abruptly’ Walks From Meeting: Cantor

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Use your brain man, Cantor is betting his nest egg that America tanks as he pursues
To impede raising the debt ceiling. It says he expects doom from the position... A person would not
Invest in such a position otherwise.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

In my opinion the doom is inevitable, so maybe Cantor is just a savvy investor?

But, you raise a GREAT point!

In conspiracy terms, suppose Cantor is in the know with TPTB, and Obama is just a clueless fall guy? Perhaps he really was propped up into that position, has great intentions, but it clueless to the master plan? Economy crashes, Republicans profit, Obama takes the fall, Reps reap big wins in 2012 and make Billions on the fall, and more Billions on the rebuilding? - - - - - - - - - - It isn't what I believe, but a case can surely be made for it!

link   
The problem is, obama's like a spoiled little kid used to getting his way and only his way. Now probably for the first time in his life someone is saying no to him and he doesn't like it. His " I'm going to take it to the people" sounds an awful lot like. " I'm telling mommy on you."
The thing is obama went on his mad spending spree his first two years, his only goal was cramming national health care down our throats and wasn't concerned with the debt ceiling back when the dems had total control of both the senate and the house.
And wasn't it then senator obama that voted against raising the debt ceiling when President Bush was in office? Saying to the effect that it was a sign of poor leadership to need to raise the debt ceiling, obamas word are coming back to haunt him.

link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
My worst fear? A COMPROMISE!! Please, no more compromises. If Obama gives up the tax hikes, and the Reps give up the budget cuts, and they all vote to raise the debt ceiling, then just kiss the country good bye, and start brushing up on your Chinese.

Couldn't agree more. Obama's entire presidency has been one big compromise. I've said it before, our country would be better off if he was allowed to institute the polices that got him elected. If they don't work, then we move on. If they work, great. But to have policy after policy that is in some middle ground is all about ineffectiveness. And I think the Republicans in office today know that.

In regards to these talks, though, aren't the Democrats willing to cut about 3 trillion? But the Republicans refuse to give up any tax breaks as far as I can tell. I'm just trying to see where the Republicans are compromising and I'm coming up empty.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

On the surface this might look legit, but most large investors will tell you that nobody places large bets without hedging against them. Meaning Cantor would hedge by also placing a side bet for America, and Obama would hedge by placing one against.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

He has no idea he has lost the "people?

You are right, but what people did he ever have on his side?, I do find it interesting, Our debt remains the same, yet he wants to spend more?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by origamiandurbanism

In regards to these talks, though, aren't the Democrats willing to cut about 3 trillion? But the Republicans refuse to give up any tax breaks as far as I can tell. I'm just trying to see where the Republicans are compromising and I'm coming up empty.

I think so. I think the Dems have agreed in principle to most of the cuts, and the Reps renegged on accepting the tax hikes.

This Blog has a Video where both sides reach an agreement in principle, but it fell apart shortly after it aired.

It seems the Republicans are actually the sticking point here. They need to allow the tax breaks to be closed, but they need to stay steadfast on not raising the debt ceiling, and keeping the budget cuts.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

In my opinion the doom is inevitable, so maybe Cantor is just a savvy investor?

But, you raise a GREAT point!

In conspiracy terms, suppose Cantor is in the know with TPTB, and Obama is just a clueless fall guy? Perhaps he really was propped up into that position, has great intentions, but it clueless to the master plan? Economy crashes, Republicans profit, Obama takes the fall, Reps reap big wins in 2012 and make Billions on the fall, and more Billions on the rebuilding? - - - - - - - - - - It isn't what I believe, but a case can surely be made for it!

Well I can say that I do not believe Obama is a evil man and invest his money in a positive outcome
Is literally putting his money where his mouth is.

I think Cantor has a very subversive position going, one that is a severe
Conflict of interest. A position to engineer a payout, based on the failure of
America??? That is pretty rough stuff, I cannot spin that given the position
Cantor is taking with hid personal money reserves

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Just relax. All of you people who hate Obama are going to win. Taxes on your abundant wealth are not going to go up. Social Security and Medicare are going to be scrapped.

You're only weeks from melting the U.S. economy down and a few years away from tearing the U.S. apart in a new Succession Civil War. Now here is my advice for you and your families. Get them out of the U.S. and move to France. The poor are going to start pillaging the mansions first.

There will be no protests or demonstrations to warn you. Just a bunch of weed smokers who are going to start breaking and entering.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I for one give him a standing ovation. We as a country cannot keep printing paper money, raising our spending limits and more. If I ran my home the way this country has been run I would be homeless and living on the streets. It is going to be a hard road, but it is time to pay the piper. If not now, When?

Yes, I know this is an unpopular stance. I wasn't popular in high school either.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

On the surface this might look legit, but most large investors will tell you that nobody places large bets without hedging against them. Meaning Cantor would hedge by also placing a side bet for America, and Obama would hedge by placing one against.

Well millions of dollars is a rather large share to be positioning
With doubt. A hedge would cost a sufficient hedge would cost a million dollars
Or require Armageddon, for a small hedge.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
The problem is, obama's like a spoiled little kid used to getting his way and only his way. Now probably for the first time in his life someone is saying no to him and he doesn't like it. His " I'm going to take it to the people" sounds an awful lot like. " I'm telling mommy on you."

really ? that's your contribution ? because all cantor did was say, "I'm telling !!!!!!" and release the statement that this thread is about afterall

lol

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
New facts I just learned

Obama is invested very heavily in Treasury bills... As a private citizen he
Is banking on Americas success IMO.

Cantor is invested short in Americas performance

I learned this from a Tory here in London

It tells me Cantor will literally benefit from Americas failure, Obama is banking on it's success.
A shill trying to kill America would not put his nest egg in a position that he was trying to
Demolish, while a person capable of initiating a poor result would take a short position.

Obama ants-and-grasshoppers.blogspot.com...

Cantor www.sherdog.net...

I'm liking Obama's merit betting ON Americas success

Cantor benefits tanking the whole burrito

Says a lot...

Sourced it in several other places... Talk about a conspiracy

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
You can't just cut spending. You have to increase revenues. The Republicans are opposed to that, yet it was their cowboy Napolean BonaBush who drove us deep into debt with his two unwinable wars. Their only solution is to cut federal programs, some of which protect the poor. They're not willing to compromise.

Granted, many cuts need to be made. But Republicans want to protect the rich and powerful. And make sure they make more money off the backs of the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Well millions of dollars is a rather large share to be positioning
With doubt. A hedge would cost a sufficient hedge would cost a million dollars
Or require Armageddon, for a small hedge.

For the man set to put on the first ever billion dollar campaign, that amount is meer peanuts.
Seriously though, these guys are all about the money, both of them. They aren't placing bets one way or the other without their financial consultants telling them to.

edit on 7/13/2011 by SpaDe_ because: =/

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i dont know why, but i find this to be funny.

Obama got mad and walked out... what a man he is! cant even negotiate like an adult. He is acting like a spoiled brat!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9dc9def2a4b.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

Originally posted by Chance321

really ? that's your contribution ? because all cantor did was say, "I'm telling !!!!!!" and release the statement that this thread is about afterall

lol

I'm sorry, I didn't realise that I had to get your approval to post here

I believe that this thread is about obama walking away from the meeting like a spoiled little kid that didn't get his way.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
So my question is what is going to be done? I want to see solutions. Its funny how we as a society whether its grammar school, junior high, high school, and college they always stress the fact about working in teams. I look at these clowns that make a large sum of money bitching and moaning about issues where all it takes is team work. If you can't come up with a resolution get the hell out of congress because your wasting my time.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hab22
You can't just cut spending. You have to increase revenues. The Republicans are opposed to that, yet it was their cowboy Napolean BonaBush who drove us deep into debt with his two unwinable wars. Their only solution is to cut federal programs, some of which protect the poor. They're not willing to compromise.

Granted, many cuts need to be made. But Republicans want to protect the rich and powerful. And make sure they make more money off the backs of the rest of us.

I'm sorry, but why can't you just cut spending again? You mean to tell me that all the money that is currently being funneled out of the coffers is going where it should be going, and not to special interests, and pork projects? Please! There is plenty that can just be "cut", and we the american people wouldn't even know where most of it was going.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
People amaze me.. Repubs have screwed up America for the last 31 years, and you all sit supporting them.. If they get called out on it they go into that whole TPTB bit and how no ones really for them (but vote republican please!) Its really a sad joke.. Even more so in a conspirecy theory forum.. Yah lets support the guys who have been against us, thats just genious!!

Then you have a group here pretending Obama wont work with he right which is just further from reality then most of the really crackpot threads i come by.. Fact is Obama has attempted to work with them time after time, what does he get? NOTHING! Yup, the right isnt trying to work with Obama, they are not trying to help America.. What do they do? They bust working mans unions,tax the middle class, give cuts and breaks to the excessivly rich.. And you guys sit here and pat eachother on the back and support them while they step on you.. Just amazing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join