It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marble Mountain Bigfoot

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I was doing my usual searches on the tube for Bigfoot video and came across this gem in the mountains of crap

Honestly I'm not sure what this is.
It could be a guy with a back pack that walks real funny and has unusually long arms,I just don't know.
The only conclusion I can think of is some sort of video distortion from the extreme zoom.
Looks legit what do you guys think?

Here is the video description.

This Video footage of Bigfoot was taken in June, 2001 By Jim Mills the leader of the youth group "Campus Life" on the annual Marble Mountains backpacking trip. This is the longest know video of bigfoot ever recorded. In no way was this faked or some kind of hoax

edit on 13-7-2011 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Around 1:30 you can see the "squatch" used rope to tie his bed together.

2nd line
edit on 13-7-2011 by logicalthinking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Interesting find! S+F

I have to be honest and say that it smells a bit 'staged' to me, but as a believer; I really hope its the real deal

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Wow...I didn't know people still fell for the big foot crap

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalthinking

A bit of twine there yes.The fire pit is giveaway that the shelter is man made.
None the less who ever is on the ridge displays some very strange features for a man.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Stovokor

Oh yes there are some hardcore believers out there for sure.
I'm skeptical about Bigfoot but none the less still intrigued.
Your sarcasm is duly noted.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
As much as id love for this to be Bigfoot im sure its not its to staged ..I was hopeing this would be the real deal but it just doesn't look legit to me but thanks for the video op

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AtlantisX99

Interesting find! S+F I have to be honest and say that it smells a bit 'staged' to me, but as a believer; I really hope its the real deal

As I see it they came across this shelter on their hike and started joshing around about a Bigfoot.
I don't think they expected to see Bigfoot or who ever that was.
No matter what, there was something on that ridge I would like to hear from the experts on this one, on the size,shape and movement of that guy.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I'm not so sure.

The "creature" doesn't look to be very sure footed. Considering its elusiveness I would assume its able to walk along a ridgeline without stumbling.

The guy filming states "its shouting & waving its fists at us". The "creature" was not waving its fists. How he would have been able to tell its shouting is beyond me. Too far away to hear it & not able to focus clearly enough to tell via facial expression.

I think the long arms are someone wearing a jumper (sweater) that is too big for them. The sleeves extend further than the end of their arms, giving the illusion (at distance), of extremely long arms.

The grass / log hut and campsite looks to be straight out of a survival book I've read.

Some guy takes kids camping & tries to create a bit of excitement for them by staging a bigfoot sighting.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Staged from 2001? could be a lie I suppose.
It begs the question why did they wait so long to upload?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I got a reply from the up loader.I asked:

2001 why did it take so long to upload? Is this the first time this video has gone public? Anyway looks legit, well done thanks for sharing! vegasflyboydotcom 36 minutes ago

Answer:

@vegasflyboydotcom Im very good friends with the family that took this footage, the reason it took son long to upload was because the footage had been misplaced and was only on VHS until recently PurpleWookies 24 minutes ago

The same user has this to say about the videographer.

@i45on the person who was filming/talking its the greatest man i have ever met. in no way at all was this setup of faked PurpleWookies 6 days ago

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
A dude with a backpack stumbling around.
Zoom in and you will see.
I believe in the possibility of a bigfoot
type creature,but this ain't it.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I have never understood how adding comments to photos or video footage like, "definitely not a hoax" or, "the guy who took this would never hoax something" is supposed to make us all go,

"Oh, all right then. It must be real".

Just because the person who filmed this is a really nice guy or says its real, doesn't mean it is.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
There is a alternate version of this video with added analysis, I'll try to find it and post it if I can.
A word to the naysayers: before you dismiss this you need to watch the analysis, they get a researcher up to where the figure was and film from the same spot, and this guy looks tiny in comparison.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Interested in the video that you mention.
For now just seems like an angered camper, upset at the people looking around his camp area, with a backpack on. Saying that because when he turns with his back facing the camera, he is only then wide resembling a Bigfoot back.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Man I need to see that!
I looked at this video frame by frame and I got to tell you, this is one big dude with long arms and no neck!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Here's the video again with analysis at the end:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Thanks for your input

I'm back were I started.
I don't know what it is all I can say is it's ONE BIG DUDE.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

I agree, big as hell.
Look at when 'he' splays his hand, that's a big hand, on the end of a very long arm.
And, to me, there's something about the way it moves, not that it's 'non-human' movement, but rather that it moves with a more natural elegance than a person? (Sounds a bit weird but that's the only way I can describe)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

to me, there's something about the way it moves, not that it's 'non-human' movement, but rather that it moves with a more natural elegance than a person?

I agree,the stabilized video shows it's movements well.It's arms sway wide with big sweeping steps.
Reminds me of the the Patterson's Bigfoot arm swing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join