It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto official Beaten by farmers in India over Failed GMO Bt Cotton Seeds

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by Sci-Fi_entist

I wonder if anyone explains to you what the risks are when you become employed by such a company. I mean, I'd assume one would be ignorant of such risks before applying, otherwise, why apply? Monsanto's screwing a world of people over, and to be able to even work for a business like them, You'd just HAVE to not know what you were getting into, right? I wonder if home-boy even saw it comin'? ...

This guy was a SENIOR Official not some low level flunky. Of Course he knew he was screwing these poor farmers. He was there to to squeeze every last dime out of them, by pedalling his snake oil.

He deserves every bit of the pain he is in.

If governments will not do what they are MANDATED to do, and that is to protect their citizens, then the citizens have the duty and right to protect themselves.

Perhaps if more Monsanto flunkies end up beaten governments will FINALLY get a clue.

heh heh, all the better then!

still expendable with a corp that size.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11azerus11
reply to post by 547000

you can decide who you work for because in the end it's up to the employee to accept the job... but how many of us can control where we live? and what government is running your life? and you actually have control of your government? life isn't peachy for the compliant populace here either... and what your saying about america you should say to every other super power in this world too such as china and russia... i guess their populace is controlling their government and it's agenda....

but like i said this is not a problem of nations or religions this is MUCH bigger.... This is truly the first global issue because it is a problem for EVERYBODY... no matter where u are... MONSANTO is poisoning US, YOU, THEM... PEOPLE EVERYWHERE

tired of the haters... blaming american CITIZENS for every thing... might as well blame the people of Burma for their own genocide... or lets blame nobody at all and focus on the issue and that is MONSANTO

Then renounce American citizenship. You can choose which government you are complacent to in the same way you can choose who to work for when desperate for money.
edit on 16-7-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

uuuh no it is not the same thing... and renounce my citizenship and do what? lay myself down in front of a tank somewhere around the world to make a difference? man open your eyes we're all slaves i dont know where youre from but youre just a slave with no control just like us.... you have this illusion of freedom....don't you understand there is only freedom within rules no matter where u are?

look our foreign policies suck... our government cares more about stupid religious crusades than poisoning our own children with monsanto... and i still don't understand what you want us to do.... bush lost the popular vote and still seized power so we pelted him with eggs... that is about the extent of our power... if you really want to stir things up over here go convince one of the mothers from the group MOTHERS AGAINST DRUNK DRIVING (MADD) they seem to be the only group of civilians that can do anything and what is more scary for a congressman than a group of MADD moms...

o and it's not the same because there are many many many many ways to make money MANY... but most of us only have one place to live

edit on 16-7-2011 by 11azerus11 because: added

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by Starwise

There were Scientists, Farmers, Govt Officials, and us regular folk.........It was the most EYE POPPING
discussion I had ever heard! (Lets just say I have been unable to drink regular milk ever since, only organic thank you)

Care to elaborate please?

I have 2 toddlers and often I go back and forth organic vs inorganic milk. I should just stick with Organic then?

Many organic foods usually list 'Non-GMO' somewhere on the package/label.

I purchase organic milk only --- anything other than fresh, organic milk is a chemical concoction of God only knows what. I think non-organic Goat's milk is also a good choice -- depending if the kids like the taste of it.

I also only recommend organic chicken/turkey and only wild-caught (not farm-raised) Seafood. We just eat a little less, so in the end the cost about the same.

I wouldn't feed my family, let alone a growing child, GMO or non-organic foods. Very few foods, such as onions, that are non-organic or 'conventional' are safe. There's no telling what the future consequences are of eating non-organic or GMO foods ... but I'll bet it isn't good. Plus, when families are traveling or go out to eat sometimes it's a challenge to get an organic meal, depending where you are and what you can afford. Many restaurants do not use organic ingredients. So, I make sure at home it is 'organic only'.

The cost of organic vs non-organic is slightly higher, depending where you live, but it sure saves in medical bills at some future point in time.

Every time a consumer purchases GMO, or foods that the Satan worshiping Monsanto's had any hand in, they are actually casting a vote, which is enabling these monsters to thrive. Consumers can help to put these evil doers out of business. We still have some power.
edit on 16-7-2011 by Jana12 because: no reason

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jana12

Anyone having any questions regarding which milk they should ingest needs only to watch this news report.

There are several other report available from more credible sources if you can stomach any more than this sanitized version:

With that said, I do not recommend children being near computer while viewing and may want to avoid drink milk until video is over.

ENJOY???

YouTube Video Link

Don't forget our favorite corporation's censorship of the media:

YouTube Video Link

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
EyeHeartBigFoot ...

thanks for the video, but I think I'll pass ... not interested in vomiting at this time. Perhaps other ATS members will be brave enough to watch it. Thanks for providing this.

I saw Food, Inc when it was released. Actually, I have not had non-organic milk since back in the early 1980's when I was in college -- that was the last time I drank non-organic milk or ate non-organic foods ... after a college professor presented a film to the entire student body of 'what really goes on in the food-industry behind our backs'. Food, Inc was a take-off of the film we I viewed in college ... not suggesting copyright issues ... Food, Inc is an updated version.

Typically, the Monsanto's cover their butts ... literally. Many (U.S.) farmers were unable to kick their arses when they came a knockin' because the Monsanto's had aerial protection, helicopters flying above the fields, ready to destroy the farmer and/or the farmers fields if they did not comply with their evil demands. These people are evil beyond belief. They have taken over a large percentage of the food industry ... and they want it all.

The Monsanto's are a generational crime-family of scum. I'll bet they don't eat/drink their own poison, yet they think it's okay for us, including pregnant woman, to eat/drink it and serve it to our children.

One Monsanto employee beaten within inches of his life ... a few thousand more to go ... a good start.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Easier said then done, when you have lived your whole life in this country from birth,

The people who are good in the country know exactly what is going on they are not bind to it, they have to live with it everyday in the back of their mind while they struggle to make their pittance of a pay to support their family and still they would love to find even the slightest way to make a impactful change, do it at the drop of a hat. And they have to live knowing the inevitable, and many are afraid and have no idea. The just know the economy is bad. But most know that something must be done, but the evil power structure,(that isnt just in this country), but has infilitrated every government in the world. It is far reaching and extremely organized, and technologically advanced.

Sure alot of us live more lavishly then the rest of the world, im talking on this computer in the air conditioning as well as you discussing semantics instead of really changing anything but our sorry perception of what we already know but cant realize. We are stuck in a golden cage, and im guessing your off no better.
edit on 16-7-2011 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
To those who say it's too hard to renounce your citizenship, why do you think it is easier to not have a job and starve? I hope the point is illustrated. In any case the employee is not the one running Monsanto. Some people argue McDonalds is feeding people poison, but I don't think anybody would support beating up an employee of McDonalds. You're being blinded by hatred and fear, fear of GMO, otherwise I don't think the people here would be supporting such things.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Congrats on killing the thread...your mission is accomplished.

Give yourself a hug as I am not too sure you have anybody to give you one.

Mosy importantly, you honestly have my sympathy because all the data points away from your beliefs.

Sigh!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot
reply to post by 547000

Congrats on killing the thread...your mission is accomplished.

Give yourself a hug as I am not too sure you have anybody to give you one.

Mosy importantly, you honestly have my sympathy because all the data points away from your beliefs.

Sigh!

If the point of the thread was to have people approve of the beating of the employee, then yes, I have killed it.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
If the point of the thread was to have people approve of the beating of the employee, then yes, I have killed it.

Please advise me if we are ever in a position to stand up for our rights together.

As Sun-tzu implies:

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."
Sun-tzu
Chinese general & military strategist (~400 BC)

Just out of curiosity, what do you stand for? If something interfered with that, how would you handle the situation? What if you saw a person walking down the street who was a big part of the reason you couldn't feed your family, would you get your hug from him?

Again, Sigh!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
There's a HUGE difference between McDonald's workers and employees of Monsanto.

Beating up a McDonald's employee would be sinful and criminal. Beating up a Monsanto employee would be wise.

There's a VAST difference between 'the ability to make choices and to eat empty-calorie junk at a fast-food establishment ' VS 'having something forced upon us' and/or 'jammed down our throats'.

The majority of Monsanto employees, especially salaried employees, are well aware, at least on some level, that this corporation is steadily gaining more and more control over the food supply/industry that most of us are dependent upon AND that there are potential dangers to their evil-doing. Forcing hardworking farmers and generations of farming families out-of-business is criminal and the negative domino-effects are far-reaching. McDonald's is McDonald's ... it's there for those who want instant gratification and who feel like eating there.

It's a choice "to eat at McDonald's OR not to eat at McDonald's". The last time I checked there weren't any nationwide mandatory food-lines at the door of McDonald's forcing people to eat there or be killed or starve.

After all, we eat foods that come from these farms grown with these (GMO) seeds whether we realize it or not. Sometimes, it's hidden in foods, including cereals, and most restaurants do not always use organic ingredients. Sometimes we have no choice other than to eat out, especially when we are traveling ... or hospitalized.

Depending on the level of decision-making and power/control, most sociopaths tend to hire two kinds of people ... other sociopaths and sycophant slaves -- that's about it -- one or the other. That is 'who' corporations, such as Monsanto, hires. Let's be mindful that sociopaths are people who do not have a conscience and sycophants are their dumbbell cheerleader slave enablers.

Many people are unknowingly forced to eat Monsanto foods or GMO foods made from crops grown from Monsanto seeds b/c they have little access to anything else or they simply don't understand the science behind the potential damage or harm that foods grown from these seeds might cause. People who go to McDonald's CHOOSE to go to this fast-food establishment. They typically go there ON PURPOSE ... with the intention of eating low-cost junk fast-food. The general public is sometimes tricked (or forced) into consuming GMO-foods, whether or not they're aware and without their (full-disclosure) knowledge/consent. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Of course, it depends what you want to believe. I'm not interested in a debate as to whether or not GMO foods or Monsanto are a danger or threat to society. I believe they are. You say black ... I say white.

I have zero interest in trying to change your mind or opinions, or that of others. I am not interested, nor will I engage in a debate. You believe what you chose to believe ... and I will believe what I chose to believe ... that should work best.

You may want to start a new Thread if you wish to debate "The health benefits and safety of Monsanto foods/seeds --- Why anything else is a lie" ... b/c that's off topic -- not the point and purpose of this Thread.

I cannot help but think maybe you are a Monsanto employee.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Jana12 because: no reason

edit on 17-7-2011 by Jana12 because: typo

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jana12

The problem with that is farmers are allowed to choose whether to use Monsanto products or not. No one is forcing anyone.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

I believe it is unjust to resort to mob rule. We might as well start beating up leftists if we want to stand up for our rights.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by Jana12

The problem with that is farmers are allowed to choose whether to use Monsanto products or not. No one is forcing anyone.

if that was the case then why do the farmers black themselves out on the movie "food inc".... because their SCARED.... would somebody be scared if they really had a choice... get over it... there is nothing u can say that can justify their actions... you want us to revolt because america is on a crusade... but u want us to stand down to a corporation that is poisoning our children... youre an oxymoron...

reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

I believe it is unjust to resort to mob rule. We might as well start beating up leftists if we want to stand up for our rights.

one is a patriotic revolution while the latter is a mob mentality... which is it? make up your mind...
edit on 18-7-2011 by 11azerus11 because: added quote

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 11azerus11

I don't want a revolution, unless its peaceful. I just want to point out the hypocrisy involved, but it seems to elude you people.

The people on ATS seem to love the idea of violence. On almost every thread you read people talking about how much they want to commit violence on others or support violence against people they disagree with.

It's not patriotic, it's fear based. Because you fear the consequences of it so much, you even support violence. Even though I think leftists are idiots who are ultimately going to enslave us all, I don't support violence against them.. Maybe that's hard for you to understand or you re being obtuse on purpose.
edit on 18-7-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

look it's as simple as this... poison my kid... and if a beating is all you receive... than consider yourself lucky... as scared of a revolution... nah... more like just trying to get through the day and pay my rent... which is 17 days late..

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
How about you take some responsibility and grow and hunt your own food! GMO is here to stay and if many people hate GMOs why not start an organic farm and sell to these customers?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by MegaMind

well make up your big blue mind. do you want american farmers to survive the monsanto monopoly or die in a nuclear karmic explosion ?

Didn't realize those were the only choices. You have a strange take on what I said. Oh well ....

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

it's funny that you say that... I actually started to buy some organic seeds yesterday... just in case... you know... for the day i have to be responsible for myself and not rely on Whole Foods.... even tho i should probably start to grow them now... since i've spent all my bread on organic foods and not my rent... what a depressing decision to make

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join