It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto official Beaten by farmers in India over Failed GMO Bt Cotton Seeds

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

You are absolutely correct.

In Monsanto's quest for repeat business and global crop domintion they have engineered seeds that will require the farmers to purchase every season.

It goes much deeper and is widespread worldwide.

Monsanto has been caught contaminating heirloom crops with their own seeds then claim copyright infringement. This claim can lead to court action where Monsanto wins the farmer's farm or cost the farmer so much in legal fees they must file bankruptcy.

If you have 90 minutes, I can not recommend watching the two documentaries embedded in this thread then make your own judgement.

This hasn't even touched on the alleged horrors of the Monsanto RoundUp Ready GMO Seeds but they are discussed in the docs.

edit on 7/14/2011 by EyeHeartBigfoot because: typo

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
you can't blame the farmers for beating that employee....if someone gets upset, really bad....not everyone is like Gandhi. I don't like violence either, in whatever form, but that employee was at the wrong time at the wrong place. And working for a multicorp like Monsanto makes me wonder.....though, yes, innocent believers do exist...

When i was as volunteer (early '90's) within Oxfam more involved with the low follow-ups of files about importing fair products and paying the local farmers a fair price, there was the story about the bananas. Monsanto, besides others, didn't mind at all to spray chemicals with little airplanes while their cheap workers were working in the fields....and what they sprayed wasn't very healthy.

Not nice to say, but if someone should burn, it's Monsanto...it is truly evil, no doubt. I only feel sorry for the honest souls within that corp, but the damage done by that corp is way too much.

forgot to add: awhile ago we had an accident here, in Belgium. An GMO project, patatoes, i thought, from an university had been planted as a scientific project, sponsored by a multicorp (name is never mentioned as far as i know). Protest raised, also by a few scientists, because they questioned the whole method, and the possible impact of that field to nature and environment. So, 'violence' had been used by a spontaneous movement to destroy that field. Police, blablabla. 3 scientists were involved, and 2 of them later said (as the university claims) they had been wrong. The other scientist was fired, for being involved, while she questioned the method, the project and the impact on nature and us. Only because she really used her brains.....
edit on 14/7/11 by bing0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sci-Fi_entist

I wonder if anyone explains to you what the risks are when you become employed by such a company. I mean, I'd assume one would be ignorant of such risks before applying, otherwise, why apply? Monsanto's screwing a world of people over, and to be able to even work for a business like them, You'd just HAVE to not know what you were getting into, right? I wonder if home-boy even saw it comin'? ...

This guy was a SENIOR Official not some low level flunky. Of Course he knew he was screwing these poor farmers. He was there to to squeeze every last dime out of them, by pedalling his snake oil.

He deserves every bit of the pain he is in.

If governments will not do what they are MANDATED to do, and that is to protect their citizens, then the citizens have the duty and right to protect themselves.

Perhaps if more Monsanto flunkies end up beaten governments will FINALLY get a clue.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I feel bad to admit that Monsanto and all their goonies deserve it..its called........ K A R M A!!!

Back in 2000, I used to be part of GreenPeace and actually went to Washington D.C. to be a part of a open forum to discuss GMO foods and Monsanto:

There were Scientists, Farmers, Govt Officials, and us regular folk.........It was the most EYE POPPING
discussion I had ever heard! (Lets just say I have been unable to drink regular milk ever since, only organic thank you)

Anyway, at that time, the only people that were not opposed were the so-called Govt Officials

I remember walking away after my few minutes of free speech thinking to myself, that did not a single lick of good.......what a bummer.......It was a sad day in my life....now 11 years later........ I think its pretty apparent who the GOVT works for

edit on 14-7-2011 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Thank gawd! Hope "We The People" can learn from this.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium

Originally posted by 2manyquestions

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Awesome!

I guess those you know, brown, uncivilized, stupid dot head people over there who we just like to shoot, have MUCH BIGGER BALLS than any wimpy Americans.

For some reason, they are not just bending over and asking for more.....hm.

Dam those towel heads! They should shut up and take it like a fat American!

Oh wait, the "terrorists" "attacked" them just now! Time for the carpet of bombs to SAVE them!

Stop with the insults. Anonymity on the internet doesn't mean you should abandon civilized discussion. You contradict yourself when you stand against stereotyping and wiping people off the face of the earth based on the ignorance of their culture, and then yourself use stereotyping to insult an entire country. It defeats your purpose and makes you look bad. Nobody is going to take you seriously.

On topic - the documentary called "Food Inc." gives some good information as to what Monsanto does to American farmers. It is an eye-opening film for those who have never heard or seen how our food is produced in this country. I dislike Monsanto, don't want to buy their food (although it's difficult to avoid it), and I can understand the frustration of these Indian farmers. Would I advocate violence? Not sure,.... although sometimes it seems the quickest way of getting one's point across.

When there are people out there trying to rip your freedoms from you, enslave you and even starve you....this is a laughable event. As long as I personally am not a part of the violence and am attacking no one...I CAN LAUGH AT WHAT I PLEASE. As for civility, I am civilized for not trying to harm them.....yet, they continue to try to kill us in every way possible.
Here is a quote for you:
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

The least I can do for my country is laugh at a member of a cult that mass murders people. Just who's side are you on anyway. Why don't you write THIS GUY after he gets out of the hospital or maybe some of his criminal cronies and admonish them. Don't admonish the ones that are laughing at the misfortune of pure evil.

I think you misread my post. The first part of my post is in reference to the quoted material from "CaptChaos". I'm disagreeing with the way he insults Americans. Read his quote... or maybe you agree with his assessment?

The second paragraph of my post is in relation to the OP, which says nothing about you not being able to laugh at the guy getting beat up. Next time please read carefully and pay attention to what you are responding to.
edit on 14-7-2011 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Isn't it said that the revolutions start with the truly poor, the ones who are most affected by corruption of TPTB?

Smells like something may be bubblin' over there!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

Sorry, this might sound a little juvenile but all I can really say is

"Ha" followed by another "ha"

Karma is truely a bitch.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
finally somebody got one of those bastards.... why don't our farmers over here learn something instead of blacking themselves out when they bad mouth monsanto on food inc.... they should just get together and wait for monsanto to show up and beat the crap out of them too.... poison my children with their crap... what they get....

WHO even supports these fools.... who even eats GMO... if we're not going to be violent... then we might as well stop them by not purchasing their crap... OBAMA doesnt even eat monsanto products..... blah blah blah excuse my rant i'm feeling anxious

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

screw mansanto and their employees.... they deserve each beating... who just sits around and feeds their children poison and can be ok with it? and why do u have to bring up muslims.... this is a bigger issue than the petty differences of religion... this is truly a global issue that affects everybody from all religions... nobody hates confrontation more than me... but there is a time to be a pacifist and a time to let the bird fly... i just find more time to let the bird fly these days

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 11azerus11

America is a threat to world peace and a bully. Therefore they deserve to be beaten up. Who cares if the people are not the ones deciding for war but their government is? Their compliance makes them responsible for their government's actions. If they get nuked it's karma!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Well we certainly can't invade foreign countries and not expect them to retaliate for sure. Also we cannot as citizens of this country expect not to be in harms way. (Citizens who apparently condone these wars as a whole or there would be nation wide protest to stop them)

I don't condone these wars and I do not want retaliatory attacks on us. But what I want and don't want or how I think the world should be has little to do with the way it is.

Monsanto brought it on themselves and the employee doing their bidding by taking advantage of these farmers. The farmers responded by beating the employee and sending a message to Monsanto. I guess Monsanto's attempt at a monopoly in India is in doubt. Good. How far would a law suit against Monsanto get you think? I don't give a rats ass about Monsanto or any of its hired thugs that try to destroy the lives of farmers everywhere. The judicial system doesn't seem to be working that well for anyone in this war but Monsanto. That's right I said war. Monsanto is waging a war against farmers and humans as a whole. Something has to be done to stop them from destroying the food supply of the planet.
edit on 15-7-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

America is a threat to world peace and a bully. Therefore they deserve to be beaten up. Who cares if the people are not the ones deciding for war but their government is? Their compliance makes them responsible for their government's actions. If they get nuked it's karma!

you realize you're saying this on a site provided by americans and brits, populated mostly by americans and brits, who most of the time agree that the usa needs to bring their soldiers home (and protest it, speak it loudly, say it all over the dang internet and on youtube all the dang time) and stay out of armed conflicts with other nations? we've had marches, protests, books, magazines, newspaper articles. you let me know when your government starts doing what you tell it to, k?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

well make up your big blue mind. do you want american farmers to survive the monsanto monopoly or die in a nuclear karmic explosion ?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

America is a threat to world peace and a bully. Therefore they deserve to be beaten up.

Where do you live? in US or outside the US?

Nice generalized statement. (sarcasam intended).

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

There were Scientists, Farmers, Govt Officials, and us regular folk.........It was the most EYE POPPING
discussion I had ever heard! (Lets just say I have been unable to drink regular milk ever since, only organic thank you)

Care to elaborate please?

I have 2 toddlers and often I go back and forth organic vs inorganic milk. I should just stick with Organic then?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

America is a threat to world peace and a bully. Therefore they deserve to be beaten up.

Where do you live? in US or outside the US?

Nice generalized statement. (sarcasam intended).

Outside. And what generalization am I making? Anyone with half a brain can tell that America does a lot that threatens world peace.

Its thugs (the compliant populace) must suffer karma. That's how stupid I think it is to beat up a worker of Monsanto.
edit on 15-7-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

you realize you're saying this on a site provided by americans and brits, populated mostly by americans and brits, who most of the time agree that the usa needs to bring their soldiers home (and protest it, speak it loudly, say it all over the dang internet and on youtube all the dang time) and stay out of armed conflicts with other nations? we've had marches, protests, books, magazines, newspaper articles. you let me know when your government starts doing what you tell it to, k?

Well, workers need money so they work for corporations which they aren't in control of. If it's guilt by association, why not blame people living in America?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

you can decide who you work for because in the end it's up to the employee to accept the job... but how many of us can control where we live? and what government is running your life? and you actually have control of your government? life isn't peachy for the compliant populace here either... and what your saying about america you should say to every other super power in this world too such as china and russia... i guess their populace is controlling their government and it's agenda....

but like i said this is not a problem of nations or religions this is MUCH bigger.... This is truly the first global issue because it is a problem for EVERYBODY... no matter where u are... MONSANTO is poisoning US, YOU, THEM... PEOPLE EVERYWHERE

tired of the haters... blaming american CITIZENS for every thing... might as well blame the people of Burma for their own genocide... or lets blame nobody at all and focus on the issue and that is MONSANTO

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
he was just an employee, not the physical representation of monsanto. i think its more than likely the guy couldnt care less about the ideals of who he works for and was just doing his job.

its sad to see people taking delight in hearing someone got beat up.

Wow... just doing his job. People who work for the Mafia are just doing their jobs too. Within every man there is moral conscience that has to pick which side of any dilemma. He chose, and so did the Indians. If you're not going to hold the Monsanto dude accountable, why hold the Indian accountable. Indian dude prolly just trying to do his job too.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join