It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Topics about "Anonymous" on ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Great thread, except the whole "Gunpowder Conspiracy" of Guy Fawkes is being reinvigorated by the Internet thing...No one here, including you I guess has any clue as to what Guy Fawkes was up to.

He was a Catholic agent hired to kill King James I at parliament after the catholic church got word King James was going to authorize a English translation of the Holy Bible for all the "common" people to have. The Bible that was produced became known as the Authorized Version of the Holy Scriptures, or King James Bible as we know it today.

So why is Guy Fawkes so celebrated now-a-days? If he would have succeeded, we would all still be under the Roman Catholic churches iron fist. Way to go V for Vendetta for immortalizing this creep.

Ignorance of history.
edit on 13-7-2011 by KJV1611 because: V

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I am a major critic of ATS censorship. Although i do understand the reasons given, I am a conspiracy theorist and therefore am suspicious always. I think you guys understand that, as you suffer me pretty well.

However, your second statement....that is gold. Pure gold.

I was telling my wife today that the only way to keep MSM and other front orgs from usurping the internet is to constantly have the targets moving. The strength of the internet is that the information can inundate the world, making an outlet that is impossible to silence.

Yet, silence it they have. Just look at the recent posts on ATS. It is user generated, and it is reflecting the pure garbage found on MSM outlets.

It seems that people want change, but are too stupid to actually find it, or too intellctually lazy to bother really even looking. So they just click back on HuffPo, Fox, MSNBC, CNN, ad nauseum. Truly, nauseum.

We cannot very well have an alternative site here when all that is happening is a regurgitation of the MSM puke that is over running the internet. They finally found a way to buy their way in, and they have done a fine, fine job. It is made all the more devious when every single writer out there wants nothing more than a job writing for a MSM source. No pride, no backbone, no spirit, no patriotism.

Well stated, SO...but even the people in this thread that are back clapping you do not have the intestinal fortitude to stand independant of "them".

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Spart,
When is the day, the proper day, the right day to change tactic?
How long does one wait and tolerate and get buried under the ever changing rules set forth by the owners of the game?
When is it the right time to 'leave' comfortable behavior, predictable behavior and engage at an elevated level?
Tomorrow?, next week or year?, shall we leave it to the next generation?
There has to be a time Spart.
What if 1776 waited for 1946?
There are too many shadows and ghosts and whisps of smoke presenting and pretending to be real or imagined enemies.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I havent even been here a week so ummm....
Who?
What ?
WHere?
When?
WHY?

I can say this on the subject. I was on another site. I cannot post any comments because someone within my network is hacking them. I even tried a neighbor's house. Cuzz I was mad.
I also Know that the site owner is in hot water with secret service over a comment a user made on the president.
I am not saying I dont care about our rights but if someone is being stupid within a site.
The owners and employee's run a risk to their selves as well. And maybe even us if we go along with the convo.

All I know is the Patriot ACT aint no joke. And I dont want none of that.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

When any movement under secrecy resorts to crime to accomplish their goal, they become just another part of the problem.

Anonymous could be said to be a modern version of a lynch mob. Judge, jury and executioner with no regard for the laws that keep us from a state of Anarchy.

Once you condone activities like illegal hacking, you cross a bridge to far. That should be obvious to any reasonable person. When the cure is just as bad or worse than the disease, both simply become part of the disease.

Also with a group such as Anonymous, they take it upon themselves as a tiny, tiny part of the population to ignore our laws and make themselves dictators in kind in the matter. It always happens that way; always. In other words, who elected Anonymous to decide what is right or wrong, who gave them the power to legislate their own laws and enforce them through criminal acts? In the end they will do far more harm than they could ever do good.

If they ever do resort to things that are anymore than a nuisance, they will become genuine Terrorists who think it is up to them to decide the rules of our society. As they hand out their punishments, who polices them? This is just asking for trouble.

Discussing conspiracy is a healthy thing, enabling anarchists and would be groups of self-appointed dictators is another altogether and about as healthy as the idea of the aforementioned Lynch Mobs.

Whenever you pit people who choose to have a society based on laws and authority against the self-appointed police of society, you will see the friction we are seeing here. It's a given.

Is there really a difference between a group like Anonymous or the Anonymous of my day the Weather Underground and any other criminal organization that takes it upon themselves to dictate to the majority how it should be? In the end, it will end badly. It simply cannot end any other way, can it?

The more trouble they cause and the more they get the taste for power, the worse their actions will become. Entire nations have been toppled by underground groups like this. These people are certainly not Minute Men or anything other than game playing children or adults with childish minds. Their only power comes from committing criminal acts in anonymity. How that can end well I cannot see.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Spart,
When is the day, the proper day, the right day to change tactic?

Every single day.

The problem is no one wants to change tactic correctly.

The Government expects violence, illegal actions, and outright rebellion.

They are prepared for that very thing with funding, manpower, and laws in their favor.

They do not expect legal action, they do not expect non-violence, they cannot fight that.

How long does one wait and tolerate and get buried under the ever changing rules set forth by the owners of the game?

Yes, you stated it correctly, they own the game, they expect us to cheat.

When you cheat during a fixed game you get robbed because they're cheating too.

You cannot cheat a cheater you have to beat them with tactics they are unprepared for.

Beating them without cheating through not playing into the game by their rules.

Anonymous is only playing into the very trap the Government has set and will lose.

When is it the right time to 'leave' comfortable behavior, predictable behavior and engage at an elevated level?

Here it is in plain English.

"Comfortable behavior" is the violence and illegal actions for idiots like Anonymous.

To leave "comfortable behavior" we would have to get politically involved.

Instead of the usual sedimentary apathy.

An elevated level would be to form a non-profit, make it turn into 20 non-profits, and think-tanks.

Taking them on at a political level they cannot fight with ethics, morals, and beliefs.

Tomorrow?, next week or year?, shall we leave it to the next generation?

People have been sitting on their asses going numb for decades.

Nothing will change unless the right tactic is used.

Not one single iota will be influenced without political action to counter the corruption.

There has to be a time Spart.
What if 1776 waited for 1946?
There are too many shadows and ghosts and whisps of smoke presenting and pretending to be real or imagined enemies.

Exactly.

Which is why getting politically involved is more and more important.

Because not one single conspiracy theorist has ever tried it.

They whine, complain, and bitch about the problem, yet rarely ever do anything about it.

Politically.

The "game" as you put it is not so rigged as one might think if people only thought for once.
edit on 7/13/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
So with all the comments and attacks on members using the name anonymous, or others using the word anonymous on the internet. I suppose that includes me?

I may use the word anonymous, But I can say I have never threatened anyone on this site, I have never posted links to sites which involve Anon, or any other anonymous propaganda. If any links I have posted has either been videos which are posted on you tube, in response as an opposed opinion to any other member on this site.

As to say Anonymous is controlled by the CIA, or any other Government Organisation of any country is misleading to say the least.

People whom come to this site are as much controlled as much as anyone using the name Anonymous.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
Ignorance of history.

No, nothing of the sort. Acknowledgement of a celebrated day of subversive thinking... which is what it now is.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

Let me get this straight there is somebody named Anonymous out there but nobody knows who he/she is? But wait theres more.........to top it all off now all kinds of people are claiming to be anonymous and ATS want no part in it???? Whatever the crimes that Anonymous has done it doesn't matter because he,she,it does not speak for the people and thats all there is to it...........people don't have the luxury of being that niave anymore or there gonna end up on some crusade fighting for a cause they know nothing about and becoming a martyr.

Anonymous is turning the storyline behind "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex" into reality.

Look up: "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - The Laughing Man".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7387c0f6a54.jpg[/atsimg]
Premise: Within the first season of the series, the storyline revolves around a notorious and anonymous hacker. After the original Laughing Man used the monarch to reveal a corporate scandal, corporations started to use it to gain publicity and notoriety. As more Laughing Man copycats surface, the original idea became a pop-culture phenomenon. T-shirts, news reports, and many other forms of media carried the Laughing Man logo. Corporations staged hacking events, so that they can explain loss in profits, reveal competitive secrets, etc... During the whole Laughing Man incident, people would debate in forums and chat rooms as each hacking event unfolds.

"Was it the real Laughing Man, or was it someone else?"
"Why did the Laughing Man change motive?"
"The Laughing Man hacked into x,y,z corporation last night. Why?"

Within the original "Laughing Man" storyline, only one incident was carried out by the original anonymous hacker. All the other hacker events were carried out by copycats.

Anonymous is just trying to mimic a pop-culture anime cartoon. We are playing out exactly what went down within the original anime's storyline, and Anonymous is using everyone online to gain notoriety.

Anonymous is intentionally recruiting naive copycats (clones), so that they can cover up their own crimes. Anyone who carries the Anonymous monarch will be used as a decoy, so that the original core of Anonymous can carry out more malicious cyber attacks. As Anonymous escalates their hacking spree, invading more secure servers, they will turn around and blame one of the copycats.

edit on 7/13/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

hahaha A "Catholic agent" or do you mean a Catholic lol He converted to catholicism as i recall and fought for Spain against the Dutch. you say he was going to kill the homosexual King James because he was going to authorize a English translation of the Holy Bible lol The "Authorized" Version of the Holy Scriptures lol

Ignorance of history your hilarious.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I'd like to follow up with a bit of opinion, that doesn't necessarily belong in the opening announcement post.

While I can appreciate the apparent long-term goals of the movement -- meaningful social change for the betterment of all -- I can't necessarily condone some of the more extreme methods, or some of the more recent commercial/consumer "targets." But still, that's all open for discussion.

However, I have a serious concern that the movement has been polluted in the same way the "Tea Party" has been polluted. Individuals with less than noble ideals are claiming association with the movement, diluting the original message, and causing significant confusion. And, even more recently, those with seemingly no ideals are just clinging to the moniker because it's currently "fashionable" for those who aspire to be subversive. I can't but think (and hope) that the originators of the movement are stepping back and shaking their heads in bewilderment.

I have some rather serious concerns that, like what happened with the Tea Party, the original ideals of the "Anonymous" movement will be marginalized because of this.
edit on 13-7-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

I don't think you understand how this stuff works. At least that is what this post tells me.

Anonymous is not some kind of "resistance" group. Tea Partiers were always extremists too. A group like Anon that has ties back to the CIA is quite cute. It's totally a plan to have the government pull the internet kill switch... hence all the hacks on the commercial targets. They openly admit it too in the latest Anon video.

What they are saying openly is that they wish to have the Internet kill switch flipped because it will "wake up the most people" when they don't have their internets. However... when you look at what they did in egypt... which was essentially the same thing, they caused a revolution that actually placed the MBH in power... which made it "worse" than it was before.

Same agenda is going on here... but hopefully the American response isn't going to be like Egypt. However, you absolutely HAVE to question the motives.

Same thing with the Tea Party. It starts off rational and slowly dials up the extreme. These are puppet groups used to sway public opinion via logical fallacy and incomprehensible talking points.

I support the idea -- I don't support the movement, since it's so obviously a false flag. When you start looking at Anon and Lulzsec don't make the mistake thinking Lulzsec "gave up." They didn't. They "joined" anon and basically re-branded themselves as Anti-Sec. Lulzsec was never anon either, btw... They had an 800 number, answered calls from "fans" and gave interviews. Yet the government couldn't find them? Also, they DO have ties to the CIA and federal governments of both the UK and the US.

So how could they merge with anon and not be under governmental control? Also, how come the U.S. hasn't even tried to prosecute? Anon is a bunch of amateur basement dwellers. They would have made an example out of any one of them that they could catch... however, you see -- they have free reign.

People are Duped.
edit on 13-7-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
While we are tossing ideas out on the table here, let me also bring up a point that bothers me occasionally, and it seems to come up quite frequently whenever anonymous gets brought up: The implication that we as ATS members are all somehow automatically part of some vaguely defined "thing" that is fighting the system or TPTB or what have you. And indeed, what have you? This is exactly the point: the "enemy" in these implications is so loosely defined as to be almost meaningless, as are the goals (when goals are imputed at all). Now, I share a lot of the ideals and aspirations of many people here, but there is also plenty I disagree with and would not consider brothers in arms. And yet they are ATS members evey bit as much as me, and I wouldn't deny them they label any more than I have a right to claim ATS exclusively for me and the members I like. It is in this point that I see the lack of comparability between a "forum" and a "movement."

As for Anonymous itself, it' vague, protean nature is cause for concern when looked at in this light. There is an urge to "be part of it" without anyone knowing what "it" is (and withdrawing to this rhetorical fortress of undifferentiation whenever challenged. I am reminded uneasily of the
mob rule during the French Revolution, say, or the cult of personality behind the Chinese Cultural Revolution.
edit on 7/13/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

edit on July 13th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Dear SkepticOverlord,

For what it is worth, I agree with your actions. I believe that ATS serves best when it allows discussion, the owners have set the ground rules (I do in fact try and abide by them) and my understanding is that this site is not about promoting our personal sites or using ATS for our own recruitment to anything else. I am good with that. My personal blog is moderated by me (and not listed in any of my posts), I moderate because I want to avoid certain problems, it is my blog and I get to determine the rules, I must accept the same on your site.

As for "anonymous", I am not a supporter. It is not about their "goals" but is instead about their methods. They say they want a free internet and then shut down sites, they say they are about following the constitution and then act as judge, jury and executioner. They say they believe we should stop being sheep and then ask people to all act and look as one. Nah, I like what Pete Townsend said, "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss". Be well. As an aside, I watch one show a year, Dexter, love the avatar.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I see so posting a point about the OP that threads are not being censored and showing an example of them as just that is off topic? Really? I mean how much more obvious can it get????

Why are you censoring me if there is open discussion?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LexiconRiot
Why are you censoring me if there is open discussion?

Why are you posting recruitment videos when the Terms & Conditions clearly indicate you will not use ATS for such purposes?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

i say, whatever it takes, perhaps anon is a strong means to a powerful end or even a more powerful beginning...all will be revealed i am sure...thank-you all!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I was extremely skeptical of Anonymous at first, but in the last few days, all the negative comments fueled my curiosity to check it out. Over the last 3 days I have done a lot of reading there and on here. I have come to this conclusion.

Anonymous holds many similarities to ATS. Both are suspected by some, of being CIA or infiltrated by the CIA and other alphabet agencies. Many of the same topics discussed here are discussed there. Both have a variety of people whom I may or may not disagree with. Just like here, anyone no matter their background can join. Which means you are going to get good with the bad. The actions of some are not necessarily the actions of the whole. Say a group of ATSers got together committed a random act under the guise of ATS that got a lot of negative attention from the press. Does that mean we are all responsible?

People are attracted to Anonymous because they are doing something, People see whats happening in the world, and they don't know what to do. They just know that something needs to be done. Maybe what they are doing will backfire maybe not, but at least in the end, they still tried. If you don't like their methods, instead of sitting around complain about it, start your own movement with like minded people, with methods you find acceptable.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
So what if Anonymous just turns the whole government against us since MOST of are already thought of as threat to the government? Although I think most people here are just against corruption within the government. Makes no difference really.........cuz there comin FOR YOU ATS!!!!!!! j/k hehehehehe

LOL I feel like I'm trapped in the game clue here.
edit on 14-7-2011 by iLoGiCViZiOnS because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join