It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Casey Anthony accepts Jesus as her savior?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I've seen how many people in the U.S. are disgusted by the verdict in the Casey Anthony trial. They want to see her burn for what she supposedly did. I imagine that many of them claim to be christian. I wonder if they ever stopped to think that it is possible that this woman could someday accept Jesus as her savior. Then, when the Lord comes back to bring them home, they will have a chance to worship their god with her, side by side. How many christians here would enjoy that and what are your thoughts on the matter?
edit on 13-7-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What if?

Appearantly in jail, she became quite religious...even attended a prayer circle all the time and whatnot...so, its not a what if senario, its a "does it make a difference that" sort of thing.

Lots of people suddenly find jesus in jail...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

I thought this was in the jokes, puns, and more...ooops my bad
That kid could have drowned in the pool and spent a summer rotting in the trunk. Totally Florida plausible. And I'm sure you can find "Jesus". In Florida, just look on the beaches and the guys looking through the trash cans.
edit on 13-7-2011 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
What's your point?
The court couldn't even convict her...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Oh, and to add my answer as a former theist:

I would welcome her..there are no sweeter christian souls than the ones that were saved from the fires of hell. If God can turn their hearts, then surely that is proof of the power in God.

or some such

Ultimately, ya...a Christian should be fully happy and forgiving for such an event...if they don't like the idea and think she is hellbound, well, they aren't being very christian.

But being not very christian is pretty much the staplemark of the modern christian anyhow.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
21But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;26To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
Romans 3:21-26

edit on 13-7-2011 by Evil3unnie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm good with that. The Christian faith allows for repentance. If you recall in the Bible, Paul was a persecutor of Christians, seeking to put them to death. He was standing by when the martyr Stephen was stoned to death. God made him a strong advocate for the faith. Chuck Colson ministries were started when he was incarcerated. Sometimes people need some time to think about the path their life has taken, and repentance is in order. The great Apostle Peter denied Jesus three times before the crucifixion. Jesus forgave him. You may remember the words of Christ at the cross regarding us: "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do." I cannot see the unseen realm of evil that tempts man, but it may be the case that she was tested more than you or I.

All of us have sinned and fall short, and even a minor sin will keep you out of heaven. That's why we all need forgiveness, some more than others.

May I suggest that you examine your life and your sin, and avoid casting the first stone. Jesus encouraged us to take the beam out of our own eyes before casting the speck out of another's.

To understand Christ and Christianity, you would need to understand the love of God for man. Some pick on God concerning the genocides of Canaan, and other incidents in the Bible. Some don't like God because He is a "poor communicator" and should make His will known to each of us plainly and simply outright. Others cannot believe in God because they prefer believing only in facts, as in science. These stumblingblocks have affected mankind since Christ began.

In your case, it sounds like the verse that may apply to your dilemma is located in the New Testament, where it is noted that the gospel is a stumblingblock to those of the law, and foolishness to those who want rational explanations.

Good luck in your search for God. Someday you may also need His Love to get you through life. Footprints in the sand.....

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Then she is a delusional murderer.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
In god we trust, the rest pay cash.
That's what my dad used to say.

In any case it's moot anyways. Double jeopardy applies.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Religion is a great way to get outta your cell.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Then she goes to heaven?

Do you not understand how any of this works? All sins are forgiven if you believe that Jesus died for you, and she truly repents in her old ways. That is, if you TRULY believe. Not just telling people you believe in Him, not just going to Church every Sunday for Life-insurance, not just putting up an act - a true transformation begins from ANGUISH, and she shows no sign of that. In fact, she seems rather happy.

Some will say.. "How is this fair? How can God allow someone like her into Heaven just because she repents? God is supposed to be a God of Justice, where is the Justice for Caylee?"

Then I say to you, what if he didn't forgive her? What if he didn't accept her into Heaven?
Well, then he'd have to make exceptions wouldn't he? "Forgiveness for all who believe in Jesus, except for murderers, liars, cheaters, thieves..."

If you do that.. who is there to be forgiven? Who here is without Sin?
All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

If this doesn't make sense, you really don't understand how things work.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Religious or not, accepted Jesus or not, if there is truly a Hell, she has a V.I.P. reservation.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
What's your point?
The court couldn't even convict her...
My point was, she is a human being who is fallible like the rest of us, all the while people are crying for her bloodshed. At any moment she could become "saved". Would the cry for bloodshed end at that point? Or, would christians who cry for her death, even after she is saved, still worship with her in heaven? Wouldn't that be weird?

In heaven:

Casey: Hey, praise Jesus, weren't you one of those who wanted me dead?

Christian who wanted her dead: Praise Jesus, yeah.

Casey: Thanks for sending me here sooner, it's been a blast, praise Jesus.

Christian: Hey baby girl, no problem. Glad I could help. Praise Jesus.
edit on 13-7-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It wont matter... If there is a hell she will be going.

link   
revenge is mine saith the Lord......What that women did was awful , she can get saved all she wants, but she still got to face her maker, and I don't think he /she is going to be very nice about it.

link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

If this doesn't make sense, you really don't understand how things work.
Fine sir, I do understand how things work. My point is, have christians even thought about this while calling for her bloodshed? That there is a possibility that some day she could join their ranks. I mean, what church wouldn't love to have her as a member? Do they pray for her, that she'll one day see the light? Or do they wish for her demise?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
revenge is mine saith the Lord......What that women did was awful , she can get saved all she wants, but she still got to face her maker, and I don't think he /she is going to be very nice about it.
See what I'm saying people?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

That is the attitude that I can agree with. All this bibble stuff is magical thinking. C'mon...Jesus was sent to Mary's womb by GOD? Good thing the Maury Povich show wasn't in Bethlehem that week....Anyway, double jeopardy...The panel has determined she is not guilty. No verdict of guilt, no crime. Therefore, no need of your "savior" to forgive her.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Umm, Christians want her dead? I don't remember wishing death on ANYONE.. Are you sure you got your facts right? Christians should not wish death on anyone, and if you know a Christian who does, they are not in the right. I'm not going to say "they aren't a true Christian blah blah", but that isn't the behavior one should show, for anyone.

If anything, I pity Casey, and do hope she does repent, but I have the blessing of knowledge, and know that in her current state, she is going to Hell.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Saved or not she will still pay for her sins. Everyone has to answer for what they have done, including every Christian.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join