It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Sick and Tired of All the Lies SO, I am Exposing What the Church Does Not Want You to Know

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
that's either a very good story that makes perfect sense or I'm on something which I'm not lol but have always doubted the bible and this further confirms my thoughts thankyou, much appreciated read

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
In your diatribe about the tomb, you totally ignored the fact the Roman Guard was posted and that the penalty for the stone seal on the tomb being moved was death by being crucified upside down. The Roman Guard would have fought to the death to stop than stone from being moved. Yet they all fell asleep? That has been documented from Roman records.

I'll take your word you studied this and know how the Guard was positioned and that it would be impossible to circumvent them without physically moving them.

It is also odd that the decision was made to not punish the Guard is it not. What do you suppose is the reason they were not punished in the normal manner? If you truly have studied this you know what I'm talking about here. Your comments on that?

Since Pilot's actual address stone was found Pilot's existence and part in this should not be in dispute either. Why did he give the Guard a pass?

Is it just the Catholic Church you hate or all Christian Churches and Christians? To discuss we need to know any biases you have if any?

I am Christian but I'm not Catholic so I don't have a horse in this race, but this topic applies to all Christians.

edit on 7/13/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

As it says they were drugged. I will see if I have that source.
As Pilate was a secret follower I am not surprised the guards were not punished.

I am not against the teachings of Jesus at all. I even stated that his teachings were positive in different words. My anger is more toward the fact that at least the Christian Churches I have attended spend more time telling the lies(as I have found) than teaching the lessons he tried to teach. So much death has been attributed to the Church through out history while the Teachings seem to be ignored and in my opinion are what he was all about. Peace, love, forgiveness, humility, etc.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
"Source Post"

Here are some of my hard copy references.

"The Jerusalem Bible"
Library of Congress # 66-24278
Copyright 1966 by Darton, Longman & Todd, Ltd.
and Doubleday & Company, Inc.

"The Lost Books of the Bible"
Copyright 1926 Alpha House, Inc
"The Forgotten Books of Eden"
Copyright 1927 Alpha House
Library of congress # 63-19519

"Wanderings: A History of the Jews"
ISBN: 0-449-24270-6
Copyright 1978 Fawcett Crest Books

The Nag Hammadi Library (in English)
ISBN: 0-06-066934-9
Copyright 1978 E. J. Brill

"The Jesus Scroll"
Donovan Joyce
Copyright 1973
Publisher: Doubleday; 1st American Edition edition
ISBN-10: 0803743009

"The Roman Empire: Augustus to Hadrian (Translated Documents of Greece and Rome)"
Robert K Sherk
Copyright 1988
Cambridge University Press
ISBN-10: 0521338875

"Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of The Bible"
James Strong
Copyright 2007
Hendrickson Publishers; Updated edition
ISBN-10: 1598560662

edit on 13-7-2011 by IPILYA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

You have absolutely no Idea what you are talking about. Read the rest of the thread and you will see I am adding sources and your comment is borderline alert worthy.

I expect to be attacked for the post, but sense you don't now me, make no assumptions on me, my history, nor my beliefs.

but here is others...

Now it seems Israeli "scholars" have found the Dead Sea Scrolls reveal the Blessed Virgin Mary wasn't a virgin after all. Surprise! Soon we will learn Mary was really a whore, just as she is represented in the Talmud.

and here is the source for ya...www.public-action.com...

Now if you would like to read the Talmud and see for yourself here it is...www.ultimatebiblereferencelibrary.com...

Now, I am not saying in any way that she was a whore. NO WAY! If she loved one and gave herself to him then got presented to another as betrothals were at the time does not make her a whore. wake up do some research and understand some history K?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
To All

I am sorry I spent most of last night typing this thread and finished it this morning with only 3 hours sleep. I can't focus well right now. I am going to get some sleep and I will continue with the sources for you.
Thanks

IPILYA
edit on 13-7-2011 by IPILYA because: ha ha 5 spelling mistakes in that little post.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IPILYA
reply to post by Trublbrwing

You have absolutely no Idea what you are talking about. Read the rest of the thread and you will see I am adding sources and your comment is borderline alert worthy.

I expect to be attacked for the post, but sense you don't now me, make no assumptions on me, my history, nor my beliefs.

but here is others...

Now it seems Israeli "scholars" have found the Dead Sea Scrolls reveal the Blessed Virgin Mary wasn't a virgin after all. Surprise! Soon we will learn Mary was really a whore, just as she is represented in the Talmud.

and here is the source for ya...www.public-action.com...

Now if you would like to read the Talmud and see for yourself here it is...www.ultimatebiblereferencelibrary.com...

Now, I am not saying in any way that she was a whore. NO WAY! If she loved one and gave herself to him then got presented to another as betrothals were at the time does not make her a whore. wake up do some research and understand some history K?

Let's review.....
Your OP contained no sources, you added them later, most of these sources are questionable at best. In fact your link above is for a translation of the Talmud by Michael Frumkin, aka Rodkinson, a discredited scholar whose work was ridiculed by credible scholars. As for my post being borderline alert worthy, do what you gotta do, it won't be the first time and it sure won't be the last. I will consider it an honor to lose points in defense of the Virgin Mary. K?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Truely well researched, entirely plausible story/theory er whatever....
It made a great read, and i too have many unanswered querstions left over from sunday school, only it was a nmormon one, and you can imagine how complicated that could get!
S_F

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Are you saying that King Herod was alive wnen Jesus was born ? If so, then you are wrong. It is an historical fact that Herod died in the year 5 BC. Also there is no evidence whatsoever that Herod ordered that all last born babies to be killed in Jrusalem, that is because Herod was already dead. Also, John the baptist was executed by Herod several years earlier, so Herod and John the baptist is a diferent time line.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
WOW!

Many details I didn't know about customs from 2000 years ago. Are you an antropologist ?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I found this to be a nice thread. Its a good bit of research, I really have no idea why some people are up in arms about it...it doesn't change the message in any way that Jesus was trying to get over to people. The Church has left out alot of the bible and its been translated so many times, that there must be some errors. lol I'd love to be let into the Vatican's library for a few years research

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
hi op
excellent thread
i want to state that im british i believe in god
and also believe that jesus was a normal man
i had a quick skim of the bible over the years
and i cant see any refference of him saying Im the son of god
he said i am the son of man and my father is in heaven
anyway its to much for me to comprehend
but i applaud you for your efforts
and taking the time to post
regards
dave

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

Absolutely fascinating. Is there any indication as to what may have been on the scroll found next to the bones of the 80-yr-old?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Double post,
sorry.

edit on 7/14/2011 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Just like the bible, nice story.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

Where does it state "3" wisemen? I don't think the number is indicated.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
lol who cares, the Bible is nothing but a fairytale that has been edited down like Cinderella.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I can sympathize but, by calling them "lies"..that is your opinion, not fact. So to clarify anything, you have to go in saying that you may be wrong, because you have "no proof" solid, factual or proven.

You start by certifying that they are lies and in fact, you are not qualified to call them that. So right off, you do come across as a "Listen up! I have the one and only truth at last!"..when truthfully? You dont know if the church is lying or not. Only time will tell that. Thank you.

PS If you are "sick and tired" of issues like this? Perhaps you shouldnt let such things dominate your daily life? The world is a big place with many things we'll never know the truth about, that will bug us, and will upset us. Dont let it rule your karma
edit on 14-7-2011 by LazloFarnsworth because: !

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

Was he at Masada ? I Don't think so.

Quote:

"It was here, at the plateau of Masada that the 79 year old Joshua Ben Ja'acob Ben Gennesareth died on April 14th 73AD at the hands of his own people." Did he ?

"During the night the people of Masada committed genocide to a massive degree. When the Romans entered the next morning they found everyone dead" - ask yourself why . Protecting what information ?

"It is said that found next to the bones of the 80 year old man, was a scroll written by Joshua Ben Ja'acob Ben Gennesareth(again pronounced Yeshua Ben Ya'acob Ben Gennesareth) or Jesus son of Jacob of the Garden of Princes, dated April 14th 73AD, the exact date of the Genocide." Isn't that strange ?

What about Khirbet Qumran ?

Quote: Wiki -

"A large cemetery was discovered to the east of the site. While most of the graves contain the remains of males, some females were also discovered, though some burials may be from medieval times. Only a small portion of the graves were excavated, as excavating cemeteries is forbidden under Jewish law. Over a thousand bodies are buried at Qumran cemetery.[1] One theory is that bodies were those of generations of sectarians, while another is that they were brought to Qumran because burial was easier there than in rockier surrounding areas."

And ...

De Vaux concluded that the remains at Qumran were left by a sectarian religious community, that the inhabitants of the site were a sect of highly ritualistic Jews called the Essenes,

What about the Dead Sea Scrolls ?

"These manuscripts generally date between 150 BCE and 70 CE." - 70 CE ?

Maybe The location of the Dead Sea Scrolls can give you a new insight about the subject ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join