It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coordinated bombings kill 21, wound 113 in Mumbai

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Coordinated bombings kill 21, wound 113 in Mumbai

news.yahoo.com

MUMBAI, India (AP) — Three coordinated bombings tore through the heart of India's busy financial capital during rush hour Wednesday, killing 21 people in the worst terror attack in the country since the 2008 Mumbai siege. The attacks came just months after peace talks resumed between India and Pakistan, which New Delhi has blamed for past attacks.
Blood-covered bodies lay on Mumbai streets and people hugged and wept. Others carried the wounded to taxis. Crowds gathered in the blast areas as police questioned witnesses, and bomb squads inspected the undercarriages of vehicles searching for
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Quite unexpected turn of events in India. Never thought that these guys could actually strike again but they did. My heart goes out for all of those killed and wounded in this horrible terrorist attack in Mumbai. I think this could be what could trigger something way worse then just a terrorist attack....WAR!!!!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-7-2011 by ringht_n_wrong because: typo

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Some pictures of the aftermath!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
euro/america and china/russia/iran/brazil are using pakistan and india as a war via proxy...

edit on 13-7-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Anyone claimed responsibility such as the CIA? Mossad? No one yet?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

It would appear not...however much speculation and tribulation on this thread:

Mumbai ATS Thread

Hope this was the right thing to do as well.
edit on 13-7-2011 by angelchanneller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Really, eh? So isn't it a bit early to assign blame? Unless I missed something like the ISI is taking credit for it?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Looks like the Indian government is not telling yet who is RESPONSIBLE for this...I guess they've got only one country to blame, so I guess, before they go outta their way to pick a fight with Pakistan then they will keep silent about it until the States tells them what to do...and "who" it is that they should blame this onto...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
euro/america and china/russia/iran/brazil are using pakistan and india as a war via proxy...

edit on 13-7-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

Not sure if Brazil is involved in that one...Brazil is the least military/war driven country in that list of yours...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Here's an interesting take on the possible culprit.

WHO ARE THE INDIAN MUJAHIDEEN?
The Indian Mujahideen is described by global intelligence firm Stratfor as "a relatively amateurish group that's been able to carry out low to medium intensity attacks." While its members are mostly local Muslims, the group is suspected of having been trained and backed by militant groups in neighboring Pakistan and Bangladesh.

SOURCE

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

our media told you that did they?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

but massively leaning towards communism and anti-american policy (along with most of south america!)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

No our media didn't tell me that. I was too tired when I posted that. I should have been more specific.
No actually, it was suggested in Rightn wrong's post above.

Never thought that these guys could actually strike again but they did.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

no worries

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
A small update on the situation in India.

NEW DELHI (AP) — The death toll from last week's bombings in India's financial hub rose to 20 Tuesday as Mumbai police pursue leads gathered from the three blast sites.

A man succumbed to severe burn injuries he sustained when a bomb exploded in the crowded Jhaveri Bazaar in Mumbai, said police inspector Madhe.

Nearly 80 people injured by the bombings were still in hospitals, said Madhe, who uses only one name. More than 130 people had been injured in the attack last Wednesday.

SOURCE

join