It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Telescope images of Elenin - Supposed comet has a heat signature?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I found this Youtube video posted on the 11th of July which shows Comet Elenin picking up a heat signature in telescopic imaging. I tried using Google Sky to verify this myself but I could not figure out how to do it. If anyone can verify that Elenin is indeed letting off a heat signature that would be awesome. That could then further discussion.

If Elenin is indeed letting off a heat signature and is not a comet then what other possibilities would we have to consider?

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I just can't follow anything in a YT video unless it has a spooky or hokey soundtrack stuck to it.
/sarcasm off

If Elenin is giving off a tail right now, then it would be giving off heat from solar wind impacts, but it would only be in it's outer corona layers. As it gets closer to the sun it will give off a bigger heat signature.

I am curious as to what these objects tagging along with Elenin really are.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

I was reading on a past thread that Asian scientists are saying there is something traveling right behind it, they can pick up another mass on the other side that is giving off some kind of transmissions of some sort.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeattlesFinest
reply to post by TechUnique

I was reading on a past thread that Asian scientists are saying there is something traveling right behind it, they can pick up another mass on the other side that is giving off some kind of transmissions of some sort.

This isn't Heaven's Gate 2.0, is there a link to some evidence to back that up?

King

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SeattlesFinest

The alien spacecraft? Or clusters, read it as well

thetruthbehindthescenes.wordpress.com...

TY for the video btw...**
edit on 7/13/2011 by qonone because: ty

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
For arguements sake lets just say were planning on invading some other world that may or may not have capabilities to detect us. If they detect us they have a significantly LONG period of time to prepare and defend themselves before we even arrive making our likelyhood of success...very low.

Unless

we build a ship in outerspace that looks like a comet and behaves "mostly" like a piece of common space debris...then even if they did detect us it wouldn't raise any red flags...making our likelyhood of success much higher...

disclaimer: I DO NOT believe ELENIN is a spaceship piloted by ill intent aliens...I am simply having fun with the idea its not just a space rock...

edit on 13-7-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

It could be just a cover up for them that they use until it gets here and we have no idea they were even coming until it was to late and they destroy us!
Im just having fun..

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
yeah it's my space ship.
leave it alone.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone

Yess this is what the thread was aboout, good find!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Okay, well first off thanks for the effort but that video was pretty useless.
Maybe one thing that may come from now being able to see ole Elenin is that we should be able to compare it to other celestial bodies.
Such as, we in this video/picture, we know on this date it is this far away and it looks "this" big. So we go over to say.....Mars and see how big mars looks comparably. The that info should either put to rest or fuel the fires for how big Elenin is. Right?......

And as for the OP, I would imagine that anything speeding through our inner solar system coming up against solor winds would give off a heat signature. So to me, Elenin showing its getting warm is right on par.
But hey, what do I know....

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
We have a lot of artifacts headed our way this year, Elenin one of them. I've speculated the possibility of a inter artifact collision, could one have occured with Elenin as speculated, creating Elenin's heat signature as well as the reported mass(es) following it?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
I found this Youtube video posted on the 11th of July which shows Comet Elenin picking up a heat signature in telescopic imaging.

I don't think so....

What you are seeing is just various color filters applied to the image to make the thing more visable for you.

It's not infrared imaging... it's just a photomanipulated image taken from a telescope, which is all the video claims that it is, actually.

If anyone can verify that Elenin is indeed letting off a heat signature that would be awesome. That could then further discussion.

Technically, yes... All comets, asteroids, planets, whatever let off electromagnetic radiation equivilent to their blackbody temperature.

The higher the temperature, the higher the frequency.

All objects within a GOOD distance of the sun absorb heat energy from the sun's light (including UV and Infrared) and then re-radiate this energy back into space.

Their temperature is the point of equilibrium between their Energy absorption, and their energy Emission.

So ALL objects that we see in the sky will have a temperature that is higher than the background (which is like, 3 degrees kelvin (-300 something Celcius))

Now, the question you should be asking is what emission spectrum is the comet giving off.

Not if it has a "Heat Signature"

But, my wager is, that its somewhere below the freezing point of water.... ;D
edit on 13-7-2011 by ErtaiNaGia because: error correction

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Anybody seen Phage?

If an alien ship was traveling behind a comet, to cloak itself, for a surprise attack on earth. Then these aliens aren't very highly intelligent and will be blown out of the sky.

Can you say sofa king we todd did!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Anybody seen Phage?

If an alien ship was traveling behind a comet, to cloak itself, for a surprise attack on earth. Then these aliens aren't very highly intelligent and will be blown out of the sky.

Can you say sofa king we todd did!

Phage is currently referencing the Chronicles of Riddick - particularly Necromongerers - for more info...

Stay tuned!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I am curious as to what these objects tagging along with Elenin really are.

Maybe the comet is in more than one piece, such as was the case of Sheomaker-Levy 9.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Im wondering something here, is it possible for something to be travelling behind the comet? Is it scientifically possible at all?? And if it is how in the world is it going to just halt when it gets approximately to our orbit? So many questions. Sorry

Heres hoping no aliens hitchhiked their way over here through Elenin.
::

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Excellent post.

Lucid description of thermal equilibrium and how it changes.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'm 99% sure that anything even a tenth of a degree above the vacuum of space can be detected by it's heat signature.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Rama?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Considering it punched through the Oort cloud I think we might need to get some umbrellas because some stuff is coming!

I tell ya, I do believe that ELE-nin is a Messenger and those things coming along for the ride just might be the mail we have been expecting!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join