It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Micro-machines are go: The U.S. military drones that are so small they even look like insects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Micro-machines are go: The U.S. military drones that are so small they even look like insects

www.dailymail.co.uk

They look like children's toys that are left discarded in wardrobes around the world.

But these innocent-looking devices are actually some of the most sophisticated drones on the planet.
The U.S. Air Force is developing the miniature spy craft with the goal of making them so small that they resemble birds and even insects.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

The Micro Air Vehicles (MAVs) are being developed at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio.
The base's Air Force Research
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co.uk

truthfrequencynews.com

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I have heard many reports of this the past few years and accounts of people seeing these thing flying in the grounds of the WhiteHouse and other government buildings.

I think the first time i heard someone talking about it was on a Alex Jones show afew years back and i remember thinking yaa right lol paranoid people are funny. Looks like i was wrong.

Scientific researchers in the private and government sector say that we are usually 20 to 30 years ahead of technology released into the public domain. Who knows what they have spying on us.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This sort of thing terrifies me. There was a thread a while back about these little drones dropping markers on people for air strikes.

And what happens if we go after one of these with a swatter? Are we charged with destruction of government property?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I didnt actually believe the report of theses things around the groungs of whitehouse, people saying they were strange dragonfly things following them lol.
Just go's to show

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AdonisDNA

Now all they gotta do is fit them with injector devices and let the swarm lose, like on MASS EFFECT 2. The swarm goes in puts everyone in to a deep sleep the soldiers go in and handel their goals... Wars with swarm lol like LOCUST WITH STINGERS

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

maybe i should find a upgrade for my biotic telekinetic shield. nothing like a little ore and minerals mining to beat the geth. "rel ea s ing con tro l"

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Here is a video I uploaded to youtube a few months back. This should give you an idea in which direction they are headed
Now imagine robotic butterflies or beetles etc

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AdonisDNA

When I noticed the headline of your thread I immediately thought "countermeasure."

I've heard bits & pieces about this technology, but nothing so much as cited in this thread.

It's projected military application is sensible. Beyond its military role, however, I can vividly envisage this tech being used by law enforcement agencies & perhaps the private sector as well. Hence, my immediate thoughts on countermeasures, two of which might be plausible: 1) EM spectrum analyzer; 2) multi-band jammer (a.k.a. MMBJ).

Offhand I'd have to say option 1 is the least favorable, whereas option 2 could be set up to topologically cover down on sectors. Unfortunately, the operating expensive (by virtue of power requirements) of option 2 may noticeably add to one's electric bill. But on a good note (I think), I don't imagine this technology could be operated during harsh weather conditions. Granted this tech appears to still be in the R&D phase, but given that its modeled after birds & flying insects, I'm inclined to think that its normal operating conditions would be less than that of its model.

In any case, I'm simply brainstorming countermeasure ideas to this tech & would like to read others' ideas as well.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Reminds me a bit of this old story, if anyone remembers this:

www.wired.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It would make the CIA's job easier. Instead of having someone blow a dart into someone you could use your cellphone to control a little drone bee to "sting" someone and kill them.

Our Government has had so many "more expensive than the Manhatten Project" projects in the last 10 years.....

I wouldn't be surprised if they had millions of those ready to be unleashed.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Nothing new here. I had a dragonfly follow me around suspiciously a couple of years ago...flying around me and then would hover facing towards me. I finally managed to swipe it onto the ground and stepped on it but when i did, it wasnt guts that came out. More like a crunch and a bunch of electronics and chips.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I was thinking the exact same thing.

wow

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Axebo

I was thinking about the power requirements to. I would like to get my hands on one of them high tech batteries.

Still think i could take one out with a block of steel and a large amount of copperwire

maybe i should go to the whitehouse and kill a few of these little things. Somehow i dont think i would be able to walk up to the whitehouse with a homemade emp device and a butterfly net

new topics

top topics

join