It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs in Mars Hale Crater?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hi, everyone. I know there have been many posts about the controversial Hale Crater on Mars, specifically that to some, it has evidence of civilization in the form of what looks like buildings or other structures/land features of square, rectangular patters, etc.

When those pictures first came out, I bookmarked the page with the hi-res images and was fascinated by them. One day I decided to zoom in close and panned the entire picture taking hours to do and I noticed something that looked like a purple pixel in the middle of all that terrain. I thought maybe it was a camera glitch but then it looked like it had an associated shadow with it that fit the direction of sunlight in the pic.

I did the same for another view and happened to catch the same purple dot with another associated shadow matching the direction of sunlight. Both of these were near the crater. I carefully looked the pictures over for days and even months, not finding another "purple pixel" anywhere.

After a few years, I was cleaning up bookmarks and saw the ones I saved of Hale crater and went back to look again at them but he pics were moved and link was dead. I tried to find them again but without remember what they looked like (or even that it was Hale Crater) I never did. Well yesterday I was on another computer I rarely use and saved a pic of something then went to find it and low and behold, realized I had saved these images. On the properties, I saw it was Hale Crater. I copied them and blew up the areas I was focusing on.

Pic 1 - the "UFO" is in the upper right hand corner circled in black with arrow pointing to shadow
Pic 2 - Closeup
Pic 3 - the "UFO" is in the middle at the bottom of the pic
Pic 4 - Closeup

I would ask some of you to view it and see what you think of the "purple pixels with shadows" in this controversial crater. Thanks.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/568bdc612b61.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4aa0a73706e.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b13e2cf78d11.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dc7bb1d4beea.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Being honest I think it's a load of rubbish.
Sorry........

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dreampsi

I appreciate the time and effort putting this together.

I'm voting purple pixels not ET.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Yes, purple pixels. But the question remains, "who do they belong too?". Pixels, ufos, or even pixes. They must belong to someone!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Maybe you found a lander or rover we sent there...

Not sure how it's purple now though

LSU fans?
edit on 13-7-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

thanks for the input. I, myself, thought it was perhaps a "pixel" but after viewing it for so long and plenty of time to think about it, it didn't make sense how one could zoom down in that high res of a photo and find only one out of the entire photo and on top of that, it casts a perfect round shadow on the ground with the same direction of the sunlight.

Who knows what it could be but I find it highly interesting and says to me that this object is large and well above ground.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Yep.
tiny purple dots...Exciting!!

edit on 13-7-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreampsi
reply to post by SLAYER69

thanks for the input. I, myself, thought it was perhaps a "pixel" but after viewing it for so long and plenty of time to think about it, it didn't make sense how one could zoom down in that high res of a photo and find only one out of the entire photo and on top of that, it casts a perfect round shadow on the ground with the same direction of the sunlight.

Who knows what it could be but I find it highly interesting and says to me that this object is large and well above ground.

After giving the last blowup another look I see the shadow you are refering too. It could be a shadow of land formation but it does match the purple dot and looks like it could be its shadow. Interesting find.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by fusionhunter

hey bud. that looks like a sea of water on mars! sod the buildings you cant see!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbiy666

Forget about the green pixels, HOW ABOUT THE FULL BLOWN CITY WITH STREETS AND BUILDINGS.

Fellas, the Hale Crator, in my opinion, is one of the greatest pieces of space civilisation evidence that has ever been found, and thanks to Joseph P Skipper.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm probably wrong, but I thought they scanned the terrain height as data and artificially coloured these images.

PTX

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I was under the same impression, to be honest I seriously don't see that this could be really any thing other than a light or camera artifact. sorry

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It's simply a hot (stuck) pixel on the CMOS or CCD.

The original image:

It's been spread over a terrain height map, introducing artifacts. It's then been rotated, introducing artifacts. It's then been saved as a jpg, introducing artifacts. The image presented is actually no more reliable than google mars.

If someone can be bothered to find the original source image, you'll see the bright pixel.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

The first question is: are those really shadows, or just dark pixels?

The colour of the pixel makes me think that it is the result of a black pixel on the green channel.

top topics

join