It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jennifer Jones: AZ Police Chief Declares Martial Law After Being Exposed on Infowars.com

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Thanks for posting.

Several years back on the Art Bell show, a time traveler named John Titor said that a U.S. civil war would begin in the American southwest.

www.johntitor.com...

Ever since, I've watched the events in the Southwest intensify to what is for all practical purposes, a border war with Mexico.

New Reporting Rules on Multiple Sales of Guns Near Border
www.borderlandbeat.com...

COLUMBUS, NM ABOLISHES POLICE DEPARTMENT
www.borderlandbeat.com...

With that as the background we have gradually seen a pressure cooker of regulations, gun running, random deaths and decreased civil liberties increase throughout this region.

An individual is arrested while exercising her 1st Amendment rights.... at the same time, Westbourgh Baptist Church is allowed to picket the funerals of murdered children, a First Lady of the United State and soldiers killed in combat.

The 1st Amendment is under attack and nobody can save it but the citizenry of the United States.

I hope we're up to the task.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Im sorry but how is this martial law? Is a state of emergency the exact same thing as martial law? Have military forces replaced policemen in AZ? Or have any government officials been replaced by military personell? Or is this just some kind of threat?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kman420
Im sorry but how is this martial law? Is a state of emergency the exact same thing as martial law? Have military forces replaced policemen in AZ? Or have any government officials been replaced by military personell? Or is this just some kind of threat?

As I explained on page 2, this is breaking news, and I have to use the exact headline of the article. This is not martial law, it is a "state of emergency" declared illegally. Look at caladonea's post on page 2. Her link is the best article I've seen on this.
edit on 7/13/2011 by Klassified because: spelling

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Small town politicians got found with their hands in the cookie jar !

Now they are seeking damage control
They know its only a matter of time before they are out of office and in jail.

Their arrogance toward the public was their undoing !

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Could this possibly be a sign? Positive or negative?

I do not know, but if in fact this is damage control as suggested, then if I look a little deeper I am tending to believe that things are only holding together by a string that is ready to snap. Is this a beginning of a time that authority figures are becoming fully aware of the peoples restlessness and things could go a way the authority figures do not want it to go? Are they really beginning to worry about what we the people may be close to doing in this country? Are they aware we are getting close to collectively standing up and pointing our middle fingers at them?
edit on 13-7-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

If people do stand up and give these clowns the finger, I hope they use their weak hand.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Hmmm a MIC vs my AK-47 and 9mm..., I saw the AK and 9mm because we as a country are tired of MIC propaganda... Really does anyone believe anything a politician says anymore...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
WOW. I am shocked that there is not more response from ATS to this travesty of liberty !! This is exactly the kind of thing we here are supposed to be watching for and publicizing! Where are all the freedom lovers??

There have been other threads about this topic. One of which I authored as a follow up to the original thread. My thread is here.

The original thread was authored by Romanmel and can be found here.

It has videos and a lot of information. I spoke with the mayor personally and have kept tabs on events taking place. They have a facebook page called Supporters of Mayor Ed Foster of Quartzsite Arizona

The Mayor has been doing as much as he possibly can to eradicate the corruption within Quartzsite.

"I won't bow down. If they take me down it'll be from a standing position." - Mayor Ed Foster

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I think this is very well what we could all being seeing in the not too distant future. This is just on a small scale, and look at how many people are pissed off. Can you imagine what would happen if Federal martial law was declared?

Why aren't the Feds stepping in to expose these crooks? I want to know why nothing is being done, and I want some transparency and ACCOUNTABILITY for a change, and not keep letting politicians like this get away with murder.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Sarah Palin, Arizona resident, now is your chance to grab the spotlight! Take this opportunity and stick up for the reporter!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I hate to be nit-picky, but your title is a bit sensationalized and actually signals a much more grave and urgent happening. Martial law would require complete military control over the jurisdiction. To my understanding he, along with the council, have declared a state of emergency.

I'm not downplaying the facts of the matter, as these morons must be hiding something. Thank you for bringing it to our attention, I do mean that. I'm just a stickler for proper designations.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
so how much jail time do you get for free speech in usa?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I can't remember the name of the movie or town it was about, but it was a true story about some towns people who got fed up with a family terrorizing the rest of the town and some residents plotted and carried out an execution of this family in broad daylight. I saw a news piece years ago where the feds are still trying to determine who the shooters were and were pissed they couldn't get answers.

The feds are obviously mad that law enforcement was so incompetent that the townsfolk took it into their own hands to solve a problem like that, and it sets a bad precedent for those in power to not let things get so out of hand that the villagers go get their torches and pitchforks to take care of business.

Now this is sort of different, but you have some people ruling a small American town like it was in a foreign country. How long will it be before there is a shootout with disgruntled citizens or some disgruntled out of towners summoned by the power of the internet? And if it comes to that, will we ever hear about it?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAPT PROTON
I can't remember the name of the movie or town it was about, but it was a true story about some towns people who got fed up with a family terrorizing the rest of the town and some residents plotted and carried out an execution of this family in broad daylight. I saw a news piece years ago where the feds are still trying to determine who the shooters were and were pissed they couldn't get answers.

3 decades on, who killed Skidmore town bully still secret

www.mcclatchydc.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
So the military industrial complex has the most power, and politicians have the least?!

I think something is wrong with this line of reasoning.

The pen is mightier than the sword!

Apathy is quite a powerful tool in the 21st century.

Apathy is THE reason things are such a mess.

I have a personal blog, and if I write about mommy stuff I might get 30+ comments. Politics? ZERO. I hear, "I don't know anything about politics... I don't watch the news much... I don't know/care what the government is doing". The ignorance-by-choice blows me away. It's widespread and pervasive.

What the government is doing is everything. If you don't care enough to pay attention, then you don't deserve your liberty.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
I hate to be nit-picky, but your title is a bit sensationalized and actually signals a much more grave and urgent happening. Martial law would require complete military control over the jurisdiction. To my understanding he, along with the council, have declared a state of emergency.

I'm not downplaying the facts of the matter, as these morons must be hiding something. Thank you for bringing it to our attention, I do mean that. I'm just a stickler for proper designations.

I've explained this twice already my friend. Please see page 2, and my post up from this one. Also, if you will notice, I did not use the words "martial law" in my synopsis.

edit on 7/14/2011 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Any update on the situation. If this was serious the 9-5 hours would not matter as a state of emergency is 24/7/365. Anyone on high alert? I hope the investigators start pouring in and start making this a bigger story. Spread it on the web virally.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Maybe they should arrest each other next. They themselves are at fault for this turning into a spectacle.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I see you're off your meds again.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Jennifer Jones: AZ Police Chief Declares Martial Law After Being Exposed on Infowars.com

www.infowars.com

Quartzsite Police Chief Jeff Gilbert has asked the town council to declare a “state of emergency” due to all of the publicity the town has received over the arrest of a reporter at an open meeting in June.

The town council voted 5-0 in favor of the action; Mayor Ed Foster did not attend the emergency meeting Sunday afternoon. Gilbert reportedly said the action was needed because Jennifer Jones was “inciting riots” after videos of her arrest at the meeting sprung up across the Internet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www2.az-independent.com

Someone needs to get a hold of the Mayor. Don't they realize they just handed over almost Dictator like power to the Mayor? Also the Sheriff doesn't have that kind of authority to ask a Council to do that.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

You're misunderstanding. The Mayor is fighting AGAINST the corruption in the city. I have spoken personally to Mayor Foster, as well as others. The Council, Town Manager and Police Chief are all corrupt and have been embezzling millions for YEARS. Mayor Foster was voted in on the campaign promise that he would eliminate the corruption.

They didn't give him any power. They're trying to oust him completely so they can continue on their corrupt path. He is and has been fighting them. Which has included his arrest MANY times.

Mayor Foster is a true Patriot. Look at my previous post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join