It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jennifer Jones: AZ Police Chief Declares Martial Law After Being Exposed on Infowars.com

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

You should start a thread on this. It could be quite an interesting topic in and of itself. But I don't want to push the mods patience too much by pursuing it in this thread.

ETA: Oh what the hell, surely it's not such a stretch in a thread like this.

If there are 300 million people in the US and for arguments sake lets say only 25% of the population felt the need to stand up against the government, that would be 75 million armed citizens in the streets. How many police officers and foreign military would it take to put down that many armed people?

I see your point. But your estimate of 25% to me is exceptionally generous. I'm thinking more along the lines of 1-2% max. Which is by no means a small number, but still no match for a mix of foreign troops and our own troops and police with far superior weaponry.

I hope though, it never comes to that, and a peaceful route can be chosen instead.
edit on 7/13/2011 by Klassified because: Changed my mind.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
nm
edit on 13-7-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Here is what was really decided...they are not under marshal law.

paloverdevalleytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
They think the number is a pretty solid 12 million. An additional 6-8 million retirement age would come forward to assist with training, logistics and support. Estimates often say 20-25% and are pretty inflated.

Of the military, they have done rigorous tests, and 2 or 3 out of 10 will resist and separate. Of the remaining they guess between 30-40% who stayed would be loyal to the resistance, and undermine every effort.

Of course you would have to really make a several month long digging project to verify the numbers. Where is that chess playing computer when you need him.....

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Maybe they just drew more attention to their corruption. Good work.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This # works only on a population you slowly numb down through a longer period of time of corruption thus slowly normalize it in the population so that they grow to accept it. But through history this has happened enough times already to draw the conclusion that it in the end it doesn´t matter, because the next generation wont stand for it and attack it in a rioting revolution where kings heads fly and presidents get murdered. If it even survives its neighbours long enough. So it´s only a question of time until it goes down. Are we that generation getting slowly numbed down?
edit on 13-7-2011 by NeoVain because: spelling

edit on 13-7-2011 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Some of these comments worry me. This country is being torn into at least two, maybe more pieces. There seems to be a current of opinion that this is a good thing and it should be encouraged.
People, what will come next? Communities falling apart, state governments "shutting down", and now a demand for the "elites" to be killed, burned, destroyed so the people can rise up and rule themselves. What will fill the void? People, close your eyes and really picture what anarchy will look like. Or watch more videos of demonstrators clashing with police/military. It is horrible to watch bloodied people being carried away to who knows what medical care. Dead bodies lying on the street, blood pooling and coagulating with flies all over the corpses. I mean really. Is that how you think it needs to be done? Like pulling an adhesive bandage off quickly, It hurts really bad but only for a short while. But take a look at the bandage, all those hairs torn out at the root. And the skin, it's stripped bare.

I say lets do this the way the "elitists" did it. Create a base of like minded people, build a platform (the basic tenets which the base supports), market the message (surely we will not avoid smearing our adversaries with clever negative advertising, but we will definitely NOT cause them bodily harm or tell lies.)

Elect leaders and representatives of the base of support, and have them run for public offices. Also, it is crucial that the leaders and representatives do something the "adversaries/elitists" are not doing. Hold the base of support accountable for their own actions too. If you hate bad cops, then become a cop and be the best, most knowledgable, most healthy, most honest cop on your force. Others should do the same in any area they endeavor, be the best example of what you believe. Make it known that you are part of this base of support. Others will be swayed by your quality of character and your reverence for freedom and right action.
edit on 13-7-2011 by AutomaticSlim because: typo

edit on 13-7-2011 by AutomaticSlim because: added NOT

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
my god how do you spin/sell this to your constituents? ahh she was questioning this tax and we arrested her soo ahhh were gonna need martial law for awhile please watch tv now lol

s+f plus i hope to help make this case go viral please help. this is a complete and utter disgrace in america!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by Skewed

You should start a thread on this. It could be quite an interesting topic in and of itself. But I don't want to push the mods patience too much by pursuing it in this thread.

ETA: Oh what the hell, surely it's not such a stretch in a thread like this.

If there are 300 million people in the US and for arguments sake lets say only 25% of the population felt the need to stand up against the government, that would be 75 million armed citizens in the streets. How many police officers and foreign military would it take to put down that many armed people?

I see your point. But your estimate of 25% to me is exceptionally generous. I'm thinking more along the lines of 1-2% max. Which is by no means a small number, but still no match for a mix of foreign troops and our own troops and police with far superior weaponry.

I hope though, it never comes to that, and a peaceful route can be chosen instead.
edit on 7/13/2011 by Klassified because: Changed my mind.

3%...( bet on 9million + for the mathematically challenged)

3% stood up and actively fought for the American revolution: it is the basis for the oath keepers 3% logo

The Three Percent in 1775.

During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King's tyranny never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists. They were in turn actively supported by perhaps 10% of the population. In addition to these revolutionaries were perhaps another 20% who favored their cause but did little or nothing to support it. Another one-third of the population sided with the King (by the end of the war there were actually more Americans fighting FOR the King than there were in the field against him) and the final third took no side, blew with the wind and took what came.

Three Percenters today do not claim that we represent 3% of the American people, although we might. That theory has not yet been tested. We DO claim that we represent at least 3% of American gun owners, which is still a healthy number somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 million people. History, for good or ill, is made by determined minorities. We are one such minority. So too are the current enemies of the Founders' Republic. What remains, then, is the test of will and skill to determine who shall shape the future of our nation.

The Three Percent today are gun owners who will not disarm, will not compromise and will no longer back up at the passage of the next gun control act. Three Percenters say quite explicitly that we will not obey any further circumscription of our traditional liberties and will defend ourselves if attacked. We intend to maintain our God-given natural rights to liberty and property, and that means most especially the right to keep and bear arms. Thus, we are committed to the restoration of the Founders' Republic, and are willing to fight, die and, if forced by any would-be oppressor, to kill in the defense of ourselves and the Constitution that we all took an oath to uphold against enemies foreign and domestic.

We are the people that the collectivists who now control the government should leave alone if they wish to continue unfettered oxygen consumption. We are the Three Percent. Attempt to further oppress us at your peril.

To put it bluntly, leave us the hell alone.

Or, if you feel froggy, go ahead AND WATCH WHAT HAPPENS.

sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com...

edit on 13-7-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Here is what was really decided...they are not under marshal law.....

Thank You for posting that link. It clarifies a lot of points I had about the original incident.

It seems as if the Town Council is completely out of control and making up the rules to suit themselves. No wonder they called an "Emergency Meeting"

Please note that this time they LOCKED THE DOORS so the MAYOR could not sit in on the meeting!!!!

I am not surprised the Town Council and the Cops are getting a lot of flack, they deserve every bit of it! Town Meetings are supposed to be conducted according to specific rules and this Town Council blatantly ignores those rules and so did the cops who were supposed to maintain those rules. (Acting under the color of the law - a big NoNo)

Bet they didn't expect to find themselves showing off their dirty linen on "Candid Camera"

Color of Law Abuses - FBI

U.S. law enforcement officers and other officials like judges, prosecutors, and security guards have been given tremendous power by local, state, and federal government agencies—authority they must have to enforce the law and ensure justice in our country. These powers include the authority to detain and arrest suspects, to search and seize property, to bring criminal charges, to make rulings in court, and to use deadly force in certain situations.

Preventing abuse of this authority, however, is equally necessary to the health of our nation’s democracy. That’s why it’s a federal crime for anyone acting under “color of law” willfully to deprive or conspire to deprive a person of a right protected by the Constitution or U.S. law. “Color of law” simply means that the person is using authority given to him or her by a local, state, or federal government agency.

The FBI is the lead federal agency for investigating color of law abuses, which include acts carried out by government officials operating both within and beyond the limits of their lawful authority. Off-duty conduct may be covered if the perpetrator asserted his or her official status in some way.

During 2009, the FBI investigated 385 color of law cases.....

Depending on how far the Mayor and Jennifer Jones want to push this, it could get REAL NASTY....

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
Here is what was really decided...they are not under marshal law.

paloverdevalleytimes.com...

Hi Caladonea, thanks for the link. Thats a much better article. Since this is "breaking news" I had to use the original title of the article. But I made sure to use "state of emergency" in my following post instead of martial law.

Under the rules for Call to the Public that are published with every council agenda, the mayor is the only person authorized to inform a speaker that he or she is out of line and ask for that person to be removed.

Foster told the Pioneer Gilbert had stopped at his home and offered to take him to Town Hall. Foster declined and said he would drive himself. He said that, when he arrived, he found a council meeting was taking place.
He said he declined to enter the building because he recognized this was an illegal meeting. After that, he said the front doors were locked. Taft said the door was locked on advice from Brannan. Foster said the meeting was not announced or posted.
He added that, under state law, only the mayor can declare a state of emergency.

Here's some interesting revelations. Looks like the council overruled the Mayor. And illegally at that. So where are the arrests of these council members?
edit on 7/13/2011 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
These people only declare a state of emergency to save their own butts. Good for the reporter for exposing and keep up the good fight. Let them declare anything they want, we will keep investigating and exposing. A declaration of emergency means nothing.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
infowars is a great place to watch the news, FEAR MONGERING WEB SITE!!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chefspicy
infowars is a great place to watch the news, FEAR MONGERING WEB SITE!!!!

That's why I put a second link in the OP. I'm not crazy about infowars either.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Im listening to Alex right now. How can the Police arrest the mayor without probable cause? Someone needs to call in the state militia and arrest the police

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Could this possibly be a sign? Positive or negative?

I do not know, but if in fact this is damage control as suggested, then if I look a little deeper I am tending to believe that things are only holding together by a string that is ready to snap. Is this a beginning of a time that authority figures are becoming fully aware of the peoples restlessness and things could go a way the authority figures do not want it to go? Are they really beginning to worry about what we the people may be close to doing in this country? Are they aware we are getting close to collectively standing up and pointing our middle fingers at them?
edit on 13-7-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

Your correct, they see things coming apart and they don't know what to do but attack. The problem with being a foot soldier of a police state is eventually you have to answer for your leaders actions and your actions, and it's not really pleasant. You can say I was following orders or I just worked for them, so what it happened and you have to pay.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Honestly, what''s happened to our country??? When I was younger and believed everything the MSM spood fed me I was proud to be called an American, now today, I am feeling more and more ashamed by the day...The more I find out about the United States, the quicker I lose respect for my nation......Crap like this happens all too often and it seems like every week we hear a new story similar to this one (in the sense where our rights are being stripped away), now imagine the stories we never hear that likely get swept underneath the rug.....All I can do is shake my head in disgust when I read stories like this...

I truly hope our country gets back on track.......I guess only time will tell, but I have a feeling the odds are stacked way against us....

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Im listening to Alex right now. How can the Police arrest the mayor without probable cause? Someone needs to call in the state militia and arrest the police

Add the rest of the council to that arrest. They're just as guilty as the police, if not more so.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The interesting thing in all of the oppression and candid subversion the government is doing to its citizens is that you will see those who really plan on doing things get quiet on sites like this or in some communities. Call it preparation.. Call it what you want but the truth is that the American people are getting sick of the government and the "officials" of different counties pissing all over the citizens and will take action. I'm thinking that the wild west may be coming to a town near you.

Poor Quartzite has such little persons running the show down there that they can't take care of things in a just and freedom loving manner. Shame on them...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Time to send in the Feds.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join