It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 year old New York boy found murdered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

8 year old New York boy found murdered

www.foxnews.com

Police have arrested a man in the killing of an 8-year-old Hasidic boy whose dismembered body was found Wednesday in the suspect's freezer and a trash bin in Brooklyn, N.Y., the New York City Police Department said.

Levi Aron, 35, was apprehended Wednesday after making statements that "implicated" him in the killing of Leiby Kletzky, who had stopped to ask the suspect for directions on his way home from camp, Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said.

Kelly said the child's dismembered remains were found early Wednesday in Aron's refrigerator and in a plastic garbage bag dumped into a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I just can't put my head around how someone could possibly harm any child..More so I don't understand how there are people out there that oppose the death penalty. A child just returning from camp and walking home on his own the first time is abducted and murdered. I seriously cannot stomach hearing anymore of this news..although the muslim community can be quite harsh (Middle East) I would certainly be comfortable with them exacting some sort of punishiment on this beyond disgusting individual.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-7-2011 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hey, why on Gods' green earth was an eight year old allowed to walk home by himself in NYC? or even a borough of NYC? People do this alot in New York?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

..although the muslim community can be quite harsh

What does that have to do with the story in your OP?

My condolences certainly go out to this boy's family. I hope the accused never gets the chance hurt anyone ever again.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This is really tragic and my heart goes out to the boy's family..

With that said there is something I must point out..

Dismembered body..

Refrigerator..

I don't think it's hard to figure out what he was going to do....
edit on 13-7-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Yeah saw the poster yesterday, and read the news today. I am one of those "life is" but this story broke my heart. I feel for the parents as they will have to carry the weight of this in their lives. Don't understand how individuals can stoop to the level of harming, killing and dismembering a child. Whoever did this will regret what he did, in this lifetime and in the next.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
. I seriously cannot stomach hearing anymore of this news..although the muslim community can be quite harsh (Middle East) I would certainly be comfortable with them exacting some sort of punishiment on this beyond disgusting individual.

Eh.. what?
Are you recognizing Muslims in general as a consistently bad/dangerous people, but saying it would be justified if they "got" this guy? You must have an insanely skewed perception.

Anyway.. what I thought was weird was that the kid stopped to ask this guy directions.. what are the odds? It's most likely a lie and the guy stopped the kid, but if not.. weird.
edit on 13-7-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

While I share your sentiments about harming children, that same sentiment is, in my case, extended to adults as well. And that goes for the death penalty as well.

if this man killed that child, then, ask yourself; what does then killing him gain us? We now have two dead people. Killing the murderer doesn't bring the victim back to life. It doesn't heal the wounds dealt to the family and community. and as a wise comic book store owner constantly noted in my youth, "if you kill 'em, they don't get any smarter."

Ultimately, it's a revenge killing. It's ultimately futile, and in the long run degrades society more than the murder did; the murder of this child is clearly a wrong, a great loss to everyone who knew him and even those who didn't. But then we take the guy who did it, and we're to murder him and feel good about it? Pump our fists and shout "hell yeah!"?

It's the same ludicrous outlook that gives us war; "They killed a few thousand of us, and that's absolutely terrible, a historic tragedy. Now let's be sure to cheer while we carpet-bomb their territory and kill millions!"

These sort of things give our culture excuses for murder, and nothing more. And ask yourself; has the death penalty halted people from committing offenses that would call for it? Clearly it hasn't. The only purpose it serves is for certain people to enjoy watching another person die. No different than the crowds that would gather at hangings.
edit on 13/7/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

There is already a thread discussing this...

Dismembered remains of missing NYC boy Leiby Kletzky found

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

..although the muslim community can be quite harsh

What does that have to do with the story in your OP?

My condolences certainly go out to this boy's family. I hope the accused never gets the chance hurt anyone ever again.

pretty sure what he was referring to was the fact that most Muslim countries don't have a punishment system like ours. Over there, if you are caught stealing, you do not go to jail. Instead, they cut off your hand right there. I think he is referring to "I wouldn't be too upset if they caught this guy and slowly and painfully chopped him up bit by bit."

He wasn't making a stab at the Muslim community at all. In fact, he was kind of pointing out that maybe we should look into punishing criminals like that. I bet heads would spin over how fast crime would drop when people realize they could lose a hand or some body part for stealing something as petty as a shirt or even a pack of gum.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

has to do with how punishment is doled out in the mideast

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jebova2301

thanks Jebova...I should have been more precise with my post around the treatment of criminials in the mideast..your were right on the money explaining what I failed to do so

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

This man is a demon in human form....it is his pleasure to kill and destroy....he enjoys it...he is a sociopath and a psychopath....he is only upset because he got caught and cannot continue.

He will suffer an eternal punishment of the worst kind...there is no hope or redemption for this murderer.

Wake up people...this is true evil...and (unfortunately) it exists all around us.
edit on 13-7-2011 by caladonea because: correction

edit on 13-7-2011 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

top topics

join