It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Utah House Leader: "I made a mistake that has come back to haunt me..."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Former Utah House Leader Kevin Garn bathed nude with a 15 year old girl while he was married and 28 in 1985 and owned up to it - plus paid the person $150,000 to keep quiet.

See article here: Woman tied to Utah lawmaker scandal killed in murder-suicide

He apparently made a statement/speech and mentioned this:" I made a mistake that has come back to haunt me," in a taped speech.

According to the narrative in the news below, it was a "painful, personal secret that had been haunting Garn for years" as he shared his confession to a packed house chambers.

Apparently, I need to review the embedding of youtube vids - sorry about that but here is the link: youtube vid
Wow, my first take on this is that it 'seems' awfully convenient.

Cue Ghostbusters Theme song

edit on 13-7-2011 by explorer14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2011 by explorer14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2011 by explorer14 because: need to re-train on how ot embed youtube vids

edit on 13-7-2011 by explorer14 because: i'm slow at this learnin stuff!

edit on 13-7-2011 by explorer14 because: need a new keyboard!

edit on 13-7-2011 by explorer14 because: i'm a noob

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
linky no worky

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by explorer14

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think I fixed it for ya

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Awesome, thanks very much!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

It seems the now 40-year-old woman wants to bring it up again and this paunchy creep of a politician thinks it's better to get the info out before the tabloids do.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Interesting.

The forgiveness a politician gets or does not get from his peers is directly proportional to the political advantage or disadvatage involved. Those people are clapping and being nice to him because somehow there is something in it for them.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

It seems the now 40-year-old woman wants to bring it up again and this paunchy creep of a politician thinks it's better to get the info out before the tabloids do.

Umm... I don't think so. She was murdered on Sunday.

Source - Salt Lake Tribune - Woman Tied To Utah Hot Tub Scandal Strangled To Death

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by UtahRosebud

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Umm... I don't think so. She was murdered on Sunday.

Source - Salt Lake Tribune - Woman Tied To Utah Hot Tub Scandal Strangled To Death

Holy CRAP!

Well, the plot does thicken on this one doesn't it!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by explorer14

Thanks for posting this absolutely bizarre story. It is a coincidence, surely? It will be interesting to see what, if anything, comes from this...my prediction is nothing...usually these things slowly slip away into the media cemetary...terrible all the way around.

CJ

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Bump.

Beeedeedump.

CJ

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
It should probably be noted that the woman, (Maher) was planning on writing a book about her experiences with Garn.

This information was presented in a June 2010 article from Utah paper the Standard Examiner.

Additionally, Garn, when asked in 2010 about Maher listing him as a major creditor on her bankruptcy, became profane and also commented, "Who really cares."

June 2010 Standard Examiner article

A bad deal for all involved....

Here in an updated version (July 12, 2011) of the story, with much focus on the teenage son's and the mother's behavior. It's revealed that the son left after the alleged murder to go and find a weapon, broke into an apartment, threatened the occupants, fired the gun, and left to return to the scene where he ended it with a single shot.

Updated Story on Maher Murder-Suicide

new topics

top topics

join