It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dismembered remains of missing NYC boy Leiby Kletzky found

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Some additional information...and a slide show of related pictures (mostly of the crime scene areas)

Police find dismembered body of missing Brooklyn boy

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Some additional information...

Hasidic boy's slaying shocks Brooklyn neighborhood

Police and volunteers had been looking since Monday afternoon for Leiby, who disappeared while on his way to meet his mother on a street corner seven blocks from his day camp. This was the first time he was allowed to walk the route alone; his parents had taken him on a practice run Friday.

My heart just breaks for this family....

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This physically sickens me.
I really don't have much else to add except some kind thoughts for the family.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
In New York City it's quite common for fairly young children to walk home alone, take the subways and such. I've noticed NYC kids grow up very fast in a lot of ways, I think it's because of the mobility the city easily offers and just how much one can see and experience in any given day here. It's very common for kids to take subways to school every single day, alone or with friends. I live basically across the street from one of the city's "magnate" or specialized high schools, which are schools for students who are advanced or gifted in some particular area. (The one by me is a school for law, research and journalism.) The kids who go there live all over the city, so some are taking hour long subway rides from far flung parts of the city every day just to get a better education. I grew up in the suburbs and so was definitely much more sheltered than the kids I see now that I live in Brooklyn.

The fact is, NYC is, IIRC, the safest big city in America, or at least one of the safest. It has a very low crime rate, violent and otherwise so we don't get too much of this sort of thing here. To put it in perspective, Baltimore (where I grew up) has more than six-times the murder rate. At 1/16th the size, Baltimore was topping 300 murders a year, where New York was having 500. 500 sounds like a lot, but in a city of more than 8 million that's actually statistically very low by any standard. In a city of about 600 thousand (Baltimore), 300 is statistically rather a lot.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I would ordinarily skip any remarks about such a tragic and sad incident such as this story about Leiby Kletzky, but I feel that I should share my initial thoughts on the matter and present information that makes me think that something is very wrong with this boys murder and dismemberment that has yet to be uncovered or disclosed.

I am in no way trying to be insensitive, but discussion of such material is difficult to do so without appearing callous and insensitive so please hear me out.

I provide my thoughts on this matter as a means of adding some needed discussion into this young boys needless murder, because I feel that the investigative case on this murder has already been closed by having already arrested the suspected killer.

First and foremost is the fact that I find some areas that I feel someone in NYC should further investigate. I will explain.

While the capture of the alleged killer is in jail, I feel that the police and many others will now slowly forget this incident and move on to other crimes and news stories that occur everyday in NYC about all types of criminal matters.

We have been told that this young boy begged his parents to walk home and meet his mother and that they had practiced the action. We are told the parents gave a note to the boy and that his tragedy occurred because he got lost and in asking for help, was befriended by the killer who took him in his car to the killers home.

We are also told that just prior to driving the boy to the killers house, that the killer stopped to see a dentist with the young boy waiting across the street. While the dentists office is where the address of the killer was obtained by NYPD investigators, I feel this dentist office needs more discussion and investigative effort.

I feel that perhaps the killer took the boy to the dentist to notify the dentist or someone in the dentist's office that he had a potential victim waiting and while the public is told he was in the dentists office to pay a bill, ask yourself this question. Why would a killer with a boy that is marked for death be taken to a dentist before placing the boy in the car and driving him home where he was eventually killed? This concerns me very much in an investigative manner because to me it says something is not right about the dentist office or someone who works in the dentist office.

Next area of concern is the dismembering of the body. While this is chalked up to some deranged insane killer trying to get rid of the body, I think otherwise and feel it is best to share this concern so others can do their own investigation and determine if any of my concerns are warranted because it is the truth that is important and not my concern for those that feel that I am way off base.

The next area of concern for me is when the killer placed some body parts in the refrigerator and the other remains were placed in garbage bags placed inside a suitcase and dumped in a dumpster.

While this is what the media has reported and this is what the police have reported to the public, I think that the dismembering of the body was to disguise the ritualistic manner in which the young boy was killed and if the body was not dismembered, then everyone including the police and the coroners office would conclude that the boy was ritually killed with perhaps his heart being cut from his body or was killed in a manner that would be too easy to tell tale that the boys death was a ritual sacrifice and not some random lost boy killed by a deranged killer.

Some will have already seen my use of the word ritualistic and that term I feel needs to be considered in this matter until we hear officially from the coroners office what the actual cause of death was and any other medical information regarding the condition of the body of the young boy.

Satanic ritual deaths are often conducted in a manner that ritual murder investigators would recognize and this is why I feel that the body had to be dismembered, so as to hide the satanic ritualistic clues that would affirm that the young boy was killed in a ritualistic manner for purposes which only the killer or killers would understand the motive for killing the young boy.

I will provide you with the ten random elements that caught my attention and started me thinking and looking into this boys murder. They are 10 points that I have noted as needing more followup and consideration.

1. The death occurred on 7-11-11.

2. The boy was to walk 7 blocks to meet his mother.

3. The boy was to meet his mother at 13th st.and 50th st.

4. The boy was 8-9 yrs of age and a virgin youth.

5. After being killed, the boy was dismembered with some of his body parts kept in the refrigerator while other parts were disposed of.

6. The parents while appearing grief stricken admit to having planned such a walk home with their son because they practiced it and provided the boy a written note with the means to do so, without anyone asking questions if the parents were in agreement. Also in this regard, we only have the parents word that the boy begged to walk home. We really don't know.

7. The mother waited 2 hours after when the boy should have arrived at 13th and 50th st before taking any action.

8. The victim and the killer along with the parents are Jewish.

9. The dentist office I feel is somehow involved, because if the boy was being killed as part of some ritual that the dentist office was involved in or perhaps the boy was needed to be seen in advance of the killing so as to approve the victim or perhaps to coordinate the final steps to the ritual killing with others that would participate at the killers residence.

10. By informing the dentist or someone in the dentist office that the killer had a young boy of 8-9 yrs of age who could be sacrificed, it allows the dentist or someone in the office to either make a call to other parties involved in the satanic ritual sacrifice, so these other satanist could meet the killer at his home where the ritual was performed and the boy was ritualistically murdered.

Phone logs, GPS locations of any cell phones and an intensive look into the GPS location of anyone's cell phones at the killers residence would prove a conspiracy to kill this young boy, so whatever can be done to determine if a group of people were at the killers residence during the time frame the boy was killed, I feel is within the means of the NYPD to determine with the help of DHS and the fusion centers that track all cell phones by GPS locators.

Surveillance videos in the killers area would also help in this case to determine if other parties were involved, but I feel that cell phones could be the key to determining if other parties were at the killers residence on the day of the murder or whether someone in the dentist office made a number of calls after the killer supposedly paid on is dentist bill.

I wish I did not have to think this way about this boys death, but there are a number of tell tale signs that in my professional opinion warrant further investigation and for the sake of the truth regarding the boy, I feel I must explain further.

For those that feel that my thoughts and remarks are unwarranted, I would remind you that just because the NYPD have most likely shut down the investigation on this matter, it does not mean that someone like myself will ignore what I have seen, observed and or read concerning this young boys murder. I am just hoping that someone in NYC will read this posting and look into my concerns to determine if indeed there is more to this case that has yet to be disclosed or uncovered.

For those so concerned, I am retired, I have an extensive background in forensic sciences having worked at Southwest Institute of Forensic Sciences, Dallas TX, the coroners office and I have many years of private investigation involving criminal cases of which murder was a large part of my background, so anyone who thinks that I am just stirring the pot does not yet see that there are numerous areas of this young boys murder that should be resolved before we close the door on his death.

The truth needs to be disclosed and if that truth offends anyone, I would remind you, who speaks for the young boy? Who will pursue the truth of this murder if not someone who sees what I have seen and ponder why the NYPD has pretty much wrapped this case up except for the administrative paperwork that will come from the coroners office with the official cause of death.

I for one want all of the criminals to be apprehended and if any of my concerns are validated, then there exists other parties that know of the boys murder, perhaps because they took part in the ritualistic murder that took his life.

There you have it. I wish there was another way to discuss it, but such matters are always tough to discuss because we have parents, a community, a city and a nation that have been incensed and saddened by this young boys needless murder.

I will pray for the soul of the young boy and will pray that his parents are not involved, because the flip side to their story would mean that one or both parents knowingly sacrificed their son to some satanist group in exchange for something that will show itself in the near future.

I will give the benefit of the doubt to anyone as long as matters don't begin showing me that perhaps this was all about sacrificing a young boy in order to achieve some earthly materialistic gain in exchange for the life of their young son.

Only a true and thorough investigation will determine the truth and in that regard I would hope that anyone who is concerned with the areas of concern as I am, that they would do whatever they can to get to the bottom of the truth if indeed others are involved, because justice for the young boy can only be had if we have indeed arrested all the guilty parties.

Thank you for taking the time to consider these concerns.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
More additional information, and a good discussion on letting your children walk alone...

Parents now on guard in 'safe' Borough Park neighborhood of Brooklyn

David Mandel, CEO of the social services agency OHEL Children's Home, said parents can use the incident to talk to their children about why it's important to be wary of strangers.

"They should use this extraordinarily bad experience as a way to teach their kids."

Leah Freed, 38, who has three teenagers, plans to do just that.

"I'm going to have an open talk with them about this - how they have to be more careful," she said.

Child safety expert Debra Smiley Holtzman said there is "no one particular age" when it's safe for a child to be let out alone.

"It's a judgment call," she said. "You want to look at the maturity of the child and what the neighborhood is like."

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I just don't understand this world and it's things like this that make me want to stay in bed in the mornings.

And, not to drop a drama-bomb in the thread, but it's good to tell your kids to ask a Mom with kids or a woman for help if they're lost.

I'm not saying...I'm just saying...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BomSquad

nothing against you but your post made me think.

what the hell! why can't a kid walk home alone?! 7 blocks!! U KIDDING ME! not 3 miles.

i walked to school for 10yrs uphill both ways, in rain sleet and snow.

RIP little guy, condolences to the family and friends.

kill the SOB, not execute him, kill him like a rabid dog.

don't ever let me see casey anthony either.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
A few more articles, including an interview with his ex-wife....

Butcher of Brooklyn Levi Aron admits how he killed 8-year-old Leiby Kletzky in chilling confession

Hardware store clerk Levi Aron, who was charged Wednesday night with brutally murdering 8-year-old Leiby Kletzky, gave cops a chilling confession, describing in graphic detail how he suffocated the child with a bath towel and carved up the body in a "panic."

Huge crowd attends Brooklyn funeral of murdered schoolboy Leiby Kletzky

Nachman Kletzky looked down at his son's coffin and solemnly thanked God for the few years he shared with his now-slain son.

Clutching a podium at the little boy's funeral in Borough Park on Wednesday, he said in a humble voice, "God gives and God takes. Thank you, God, for giving you to us for nine years.

"We have to thank you for what You gave us."

Leiby's ninth birthday would have been next week.

Evil's own timing sends young Leiby Kletzky into path of killer Levi Aron

Eight-year-old Leiby Kletzky came out of the double glass doors of the Yeshiva Boyan day camp and turned left on 44th St., just as he had at the start of a dry run with his parents the day before.

He continued up the block to 13th Ave., to the corner where he had turned right during the prelude to his solo - and where his mother was waiting for him six blocks down 13th Ave.

Instead, he continued straight down 44th St. He proved by forgetting the turn that a youngster is not always as ready to make a solo journey as even conscientious parents in a tight-knit neighborhood might have every reason to believe.

Ex-wife Debbie Kivel shocked by confessed killer Levi Aron's act of brutality

He was a temperamental oddball, a divorced loner who lived in his parents' attic and dreamed of being on "American Idol" while toiling as a hardware-store clerk.

Those who know Levi Aron, 35, say he was strange and mentally slow, but the worst thing in the high school dropout's past was a public urination summons.

Although Aron seemed adrift, they could not imagine him being capable of the kind of savagery required to abduct and dismember an 8-year-old boy.

edit on 14-7-2011 by BomSquad because: added some additional quotes from the articles

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
If what he says is true, he is one disturbed individual that has some serious problems making rational decisions...

NYC boy spent hours with suspect before murder

(CBS/AP) NEW YORK - A Brooklyn man reportedly told police that he spent more than 12 hours with a young Orthodox Jewish boy -- including taking him to a wedding just outside New York City -- before smothering and dismembering him in a panic.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BomSquad

I feel exactly the same way. I am definitely not an emotional man, but these stories give me a lump in my throat. I can't help but think about my young sons, and how shocked and scared they would be.

It should be perfectly safe for a 9 year old to walk about anywhere in the US! Children should be entirely off limits to crime.

If someone wants to rob a liquor store or jewelry store, not a very big deal to me, but when they start attacking kids, I want to burn down the whole town! To hell with guilt or innocence, the kid was innocent, the society is guilty!

If this were to ever happen to a member of my family, I would probably make the FBI's most wanted list, because I would not stop with finding the one guilty party, I would want every guilty party in the nation, and everybody that ever knew those parties, and every cop or judge that ever let them go, and every doctor or therapist they ever talked to, and every witness or passerby that ignored the situation, and I might not even stop there!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I know exactly how you feel.

I think my biggest fear is how trusting and friendly my son is. He's so happy go lucky he'll go along with just about anything, and I am loathe to shatter his innocence with teaching him that sick SOBs like this guy exist.

Of course, the only other thing I can do is to become a "helicopter parent" constantly hovering over him making sure nothing ever happens, which is no way to raise a kid, either.

Just one more of the agonies of being a parent...but I wouldn't give it up for anything.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The young boy was 8 years of age.

My prayers go out to the family.

Yes every child should be able to get home from school safe and sound but no child should walk home alone at the age of 8 even if it's just going to the store. None of my kids walked alone until they reached high school and even then they bused with other school kids.

Here in Australia hardly a day goes by without at least one kidnapping attempt....the same would go for the USA.

I think this ultra orthodox Jewish community put too much trust in eachother but no community is safe from the inside or the outside.
edit on 14-7-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Here's the last time the boy was ever seen alive:

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
FYI, it is an 8 year old boy...not 9...just saying to clarify...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
This is in my neighborhood. The cops were going crazy trying to find the boy. They were out with tons of cars and loudspeakers the night they found him. The thing with the Hasidic community is they let there young children roam the streets alone too much. Nothing against them, but its just not safe enough here in NY for this kind of stuff.
Edit:
And I sorta mentioned this in another thread, but some of the Jewish community here is shocked that one of they're own could do such a thing....which just seems stupid. Its such a Xenophobic way of thinking. Murderers can be anyone.

edit on 15-7-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JustinSee

I fully agree with your post. There are murderers that walk among all racial peoples regardless of their religious denomination and soci-economic standing.

The Jewish community in Australia are far more strict.....not their schools or camps allow children to go home unattended by a parent or caregiver....thats RULE number ONE!!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I hope he receives the death penalty for this

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
As a mom, I cant this boy out of my head since he went missing monday night. I had my scanner on when the call went through to nypd, most nights im able to listen in, you hear of a child or senior missing late at night, 9 times out of 10, the person is found. But when I heard of him and then 2 hours later it was on the news, I stood up most of the night thinking of him.

And now days later, hearing all the details that are still emerging, as bad as I feel for the parents, I still cant wrap my head around his mom's actions, more like her timing.

If I told my 9 yr old daughter to meet me 7 blocks away right after dismissal, I know she has less than 15minutes before I start walking in her direction or calling the school etc. Im still trying to fathom WHY, just WHY did she wait 2 full hours. Like I said, I feel for this family from the bottom of my heart. BUT I also think this could have been a totally different outcome if she started walking in his direction or to the starting point which was the day camp.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

This is one of those avoidable murders.....it should'nt had happened and could had easily been avoided. However, whats done is done.

Now there should be new legislation, the Kletzky Legisation, where all schools and camps (both public and private) do not allow children under the age of 13 go home unattended without a parent or caregiver under any circumstances even with parental consent. This is what I want to see happen ASAP and not wait until another child is kidnapped and brutally murdered while on their way home to or from school.

Now how many American parents are prepared to make their way to their Governer over the coming days or months? I won't hold my breath......

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join