It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dismembered remains of missing NYC boy Leiby Kletzky found

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Dismembered remains of missing NYC boy Leiby Kletzky found

(CBS/WCBS) NEW YORK - The intense hunt for a missing Brooklyn boy Leiby Kletzky has taken a shocking and tragic turn, as police say they have believe they have recovered the dismembered remains of the 9-year-old.

I almost wish I had not read this story. It is such a tragedy when anyone gets killed, but when it happens to a 9-year-old it goes to a whole new level of tragic. And then to be dismembered and found in two completely different places, one being a refrigerator and the other being a suitcase in a dumpster, it leaves me speechless.

All I can think of is my young son when I read stories like this. I am not an emotional man by any stretch of the imagination, but this story really hit me hard.

I think the worst part was the last paragragh...

Leiby had begged his parents to let him walk home, WCBS reports. They had given him a note, saying he would not be taking the bus.

I could not imagine being this poor boys parents. Can you imagine the guilt they must feel, and will feel, for the rest of their lives? I do not mean they are at fault, just that they must be blaming themselves for allowing him to walk home.

edit on 13-7-2011 by BomSquad because: explained my statement about the parents.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BomSquad

Leiby had begged his parents to let him walk home, WCBS reports. They had given him a note, saying he would not be taking the bus.

I could not imagine being this poor boys parents. Can you imagine the guilt they must feel, and will feel, for the rest of their lives?
This is not their fault at all. A kid should be able to walk home from school without the need to worry. I walked home from school at least 50% of my school life.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I agree it is not their fault. I walked to and from school from 1st grade on.

Of course, this does not mean that they won't feel guilty for allowing it in this case, especially since it appears that the parents were going to have him take the bus until he begged them to let him walk.

I know I would feel guilty about that decision if it were my son. They will second guess that decision for the rest of their lives. I truly hope they will be able to forgive themselves.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

This is not their fault at all. A kid should be able to walk home from school without the need to worry. I walked home from school at least 50% of my school life.

Very good point.

If the parents feel 'guilty' about anything I'd like to ask what? I mean, is there more to this story?
Vendetta? Unpaid lone-shark bills? Wronged extra-marital lover?

Sure, it could be just another senseless horrific death but for me? I want to know more about the folks.

peace

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Could be wrong but I dont think the OP meant to imply the parents were at fault for this [cant use the words I have to describe it] um but only that they must be feeling an amazing amount of guilt. If the child had to convince the parents to allow him to walk home and the agreed despite the fact that they must have had some misgivings, that would be impossible for any parent to come to terms with. Let them catch whoever did this please.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I feel for the poor parents, and yes I can understand that they would feel guilty, even parents of children who get cancer feel guilty. Just because it was in no way there fault doesn’t mean they can escape that feeling. I hope that they will get through it and this sick person gets his just rewards for harming this poor child.
I don’t think these people should be allowed to live.
Pray for the parents (if you believe) or send good vibes there way, can’t imagine what they are going through, my daughter escaped my eye (she was hiding) for 15 minutes when she was around 5 and that sinking feeling I had is still accessible and it still gives me the oogies.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
As parents, our decisions or lack thereof, have the ability to impact generations and cost lives. Unless one totally lacks a moral compass, most parents do the best they can to rear their offspring. I don't believe any make intentional mistakes. I know I didn't but I grieve many decisions I made while raising my son. The world is full of sickos. I guess it is a sign of our troubled times.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
As a parent, I can tell you that there are many times children ask permission to do something, ranging from staying out an extra hour to going to the park alone for the first time, that leaves one wanting to say no but then relenting based on allowing them to grow up a little, remembering going to the park themselves, etc. It is in this moment--the choice between protecting them at all costs and realizing that you can't hold them hostage--that most parents struggle with. Ultimately, 99% of the time, it works out fine. The child gains independence and the parent's heart stops frantically beating as soon as they walk in the door.

But it is in these rare moments, when disgusting tragedy strikes, that any parent that made that "yes" call will inevitably wish they hadn't. They feel guilty because they made the call. And the truth is that if they had instead insisted he continue to take the bus, he may still be alive. Does that make it the parents fault? No, of course not. But anyone that does not understand why these parents feel incredibly guilty and partially responsible, isn't a parent IMO.

The bottom line to this is that it is incredibly sad and disgusting to think a child can no longer walk home from school and arrive safely.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Thank you for bringing this to our attention here on ATS.

A lot of people will pray for the parents, and for justice to quickly be found for the killer.

I wonder why the boy was so insistent on walking? Was he being bullied or just trying to grow up? Was someone targeting him?

I ask because this is how my own son would handle things like that. On his own, until I burrowed into his logic and found the basis. Very smart boy, but of course, this made him feel invincible, even as a small one.

Poor parents.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I couldn't have said (and didn't say) it better myself.

Like I said, I am not an emotional man, but this story hit me hard. It almost brought me to tears.

All I can think about is how I would feel if it had been my boy and how devastated my wife and I would be if we had made the same decision and it turned in this tragedy.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
You know, this further shows how f*#@ed our society is. I'm personally sick and tired of seeing stories like this all the time, over, over, and over again. There is NEVER any justifiable reason to EVER harm a child in any way shape or form, yet like I said, you hear story after story of these reeally sad and completely lost and f%$^ed up individuals doing # like this. I don't know if it's just me, but I feel people like this, everything from neglectful parents to pedophiles should never be a part of society in any way shape or form again and depending on the crime, worse should happen to those individuals. I just find it completely sad and incomprehensible that people are always saying how the next generations so messed up, yet nobody bother to asks the question why and then to top it off, doesn't show any attention to these types of socital problems until it has reached headlines. I personally look at these type of childeren that goes through these types of situtions on the daily and I wouldn't be so wrong to equate them with Child Soldiers, except they're waging a war without arms. Why? Because, they've endured what most cannot imagine, they're fighting a personal war with no support, they're on they're own and they're almost always unoticed until one of the soldiers falls, then it's forgetten, except to the child that's waging these types of battles. They NEED our support, they NEED to know that somebody gives a # outside of their shattered world that was pushed upon them and a world where they had no say to participate in. If you see neglectful parents, stand up FOR the child, if you know a pedophile, make them not welcome in your neighborhood, if you see parents smacking their childeren, smack the parents. Because once the "protector" in the childs eyes becomes the offender, who does that child have to turn to? These issues in our society need some major atttention.
edit on 13-7-2011 by Subbam because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2011 by Subbam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
this is terrible and extremely sad RIP to the sent youth..... This type of ignorance done to innocence makes me drop to such a low density when considering the end result of the killers soul. But there will be a day that killer will answer for their evol deeds in 3d. And as another poster stated I wonder if someone was tricking him into wanting to walk home with them. Its hard for me not to want this killer to face a destructive fate.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BomSquad

There appears to be much more to the story. The article says he begged to walk home. Then there is a video showing him walking past his house. Then it states that it is believed that a cam shows him getting into a gold car. Sounds like something was going on way before his disappearance. What were these people to this little boy? I can not understand how people thinks dismembering the body is going to help them get away with anything. That is totally disgusting.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I hope they find the criminal and execute immediately live on TV. Let the others see the dog's death of a scum. We're too darn easy on the criminals. Freakin lawyers bail them out a lot despite concrete evidence. I can see that sometimes the evidence is not there. But if the evidence is found, painfully kill the bastard who did this to a 9 year old. I'm so concerned day by day about my two toddlers and eventually as they grow up. Gotta keep an eye out at every single moment when we're out shopping or touring. This is not true freedom.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Well, as a New Yorker I've been seeing this story on the news for the last day or so and I can certainly say this is just a devastating outcome.

It's kind of hard to imagine something like this happening in NYC nowadays because the streets are always so busy. The part of Brooklyn that this happened in is not a sleepy quiet area, it's mostly high density residential and considering that it was late afternoon on a summer's day... it just makes me wonder. Had he put up any sort of struggle or screamed, in that neighborhood he would've been heard or seen by dozens of people. The streets are always busy. So it makes me wonder, did he know the person who took him? Add to that the particularly brutal fashion in which he was killed and I have to think that it was not random.

I just can't even imagine what the parents are going through right now. No family should ever have to go through something like that.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I live in Bklyn, actually not far at all from where this tragedy happened.

I have always had a problem with the Jewish community allowing their kids to walk wherever alone. In communities like this, Borough Park, Bensonhurst, and Williamsburg (all in bklyn), they have Shomrin (police) and Volunteers from the neighborhood. I have always felt uncomfortable seeing 5 and 6yrs olds walking alone because crime is everywhere, it can happen at anytime and anyplace, and, well......this is brooklyn...

I just spoke to a Hasidic from Bensonhurst and he says that in the Yeshivas, they dont really teach the children things like safety walking home from school etc, or the fact that just because someone shares the same religion or faith, that you still have to be cautious. Indeed they come together in huge numbers when something happens but this proves that there arent eyes everywhere watching.

Even worse, this was his first time walking alone, in the press conference, NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly said that the turn the boy was supposed to make, he didnt. He was actually lost and went to this man to ask for directions. In another report, it was said that the parents practiced the route he was supposed to take numerous times before day camp started so he would be comfortable.

Now what bothers me is that when something happens in these neighborhoods, Shomrin is first on the scene before NYPD. The boy left camp at or around 5pm, to walk about 7 blocks. The mom waited at that intersection and DID NOT call Shomrin until 7pm. 7PM?!?!

DID SHE REALLY WAIT 2 HOURS FOR HIM TO WALK 7 BLOCKS?!?! 7pm was when she finally called Shomrin ans 8pm was when Shomrin notified NYPD. Also, they have plenty of CCTV cameras but they waited to look into the cameras and didnt even check all the cameras along that route....

Just heartbreaking

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Thank you for his face
And now he gets a trial and home for free w/ food and water smh....
edit on 7/13/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
You know what's frustrating is that less people are responding to this post but a hundred more people will respond to someone seeing a reptilian face in the sky....such bull

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I also wanted to add that people should not be necessarily placing blame on the parents...I'm sure they are in their own hell now..sypathy and a prayer to your god of choice is the proper course of action at this time..then with some luck his prison bunkmate guts him like a fish..you welll adjusted people can doing the praying and leave the evil wishing to me and some other members..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join