It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police charge mother who stopped TSA from fondling her daughter

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Ever see an inner city school in the US? Kids get patted down by security all the time, all day, every day. Of course half of the little rugrats are packing iron but...

A parent can give consent for a minor to be searched. This is legal. A parent can give consent for a child to be questioned by the police. This is legal. A parent can give consent for a child's room to be searched. This is legal. There is nothing odd or inappropriate about any of the above.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lvrebel
Just a thought here...TSA is considered to be apart of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The Department of Homeland Security was created under by the Homeland Security Act. Many of the tactics the Department of Homeland security use are allowed because of the Patriot Act. However, the Patriot Act was set to expire until President Obama extended the Act. However, the legality of the Act is still in question as he did not actually sign the bill with his signature. He used the autopen machine to sign the Act. However, Lawyers have argued the validity of the autopen device and say is not legal. With the legality of the extension in doubt, couldnt a Lawyer argue in court in court that the TSA is using illegal tactics no longer covered because the Patriot Act has expired and no longer holds a place in the U.S.?

This is a really good point to bring up. I'd be interested to hear about this from someone with a legal background

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437
The nanny would have no basis to sue as she gave consent to the searches prior to accepting employment.

so buying an airline ticket is agreeing to be searched with a possible pat-down? Here all along I was thinking that you were purchasing a temporary contract to be transported from point A to point B

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

As posted here many times, you need to read the actual contract. If you try to take legal action and use as your defense "I did not read the contract" you will be laughed at for sure. Be aware of what you are getting yourself into. Read the fine print to be sure you are not agreeing to something you are not aware of.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Byeluvolk

and how is that relevant to either of my replies? (I'm still working on my morning coffee here and a little slow atm)
edit on 14-7-2011 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byeluvolk
reply to post by TXRabbit

As posted here many times, you need to read the actual contract. If you try to take legal action and use as your defense "I did not read the contract" you will be laughed at for sure. Be aware of what you are getting yourself into. Read the fine print to be sure you are not agreeing to something you are not aware of.

This is the VERY TYPE of muddled thinking that will bury any few remainng freedoms that are still available to the citizens of this once great land. All you have to do, as a despot led nation, is to have the slaves "agree" in advance to the elimination of their rights in order to get what they need.

Example: Go to the grocery store and upon entering be notified by poster that your entering the store constitutes that you agree to be strip-searched when you leave to assure management that you have not shoplifted something during your visit. Call this poster notice an agreement to a "contract" and the sheeple fall in line and "obey".

This is entrapment. A needed service is made available ONLY if you agree to something you find to be immoral and in this case illegal.

It NEVER ends! Wake up!
edit on 14-7-2011 by romanmel because: further thought

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

i have a 7 year old daughter, and if a TSA agent wanted to give her an agressive pat down i would be in jail, right after they removed my foot from the agent's ass. sometimes you have to stand up for what you think is right

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I don't know how these people can do this for a living. Why would you want to touch a child like that? It is a sick thought let alone it becoming a reality and these people get paid to do it as part of their job?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Taking your child to the airport in the United States is Child Abuse.

How dare a parent subject their own child to this kind of treatment. With all of the stories that have been made public about the molestation of children and adults at the hands of TSA any parent that would still even consider flying from a US airport with their child is not protecting their child. This is Child abuse, child endangerment, and just down right stupid.

Apparently some of our citizens are so brainwashed by the lies of our government that they voluntary submit their own children to be molested at the hands of the government without a second thought.

Wake-up America !

The only Vote in the United States that carries any weight whatsoever is when you vote with your dollar.

If citizens in mass boycotted the Airports this behavior by the government would end in just a couple of days. Airlines would be screaming so loud that even Congress would hear them.

But that is not the choice the American people have made. Just like little sheep being lead to slaughter, our fellow citizens line up to be irradiated, nude photos taken, treated like criminals, molested, and remember to please bring along your children.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Coming from a mother with a daughter i would of reacted the same way. Feeling up a minor the way they do with the pat downs should be illegal. Its kinda contradicting themselves telling kids if anyone touches you innapproriatly call the cops and stuff like that but when they get pat downs isn't that exactly what their doing? Well that's just my opinion on it.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
You have to know if your going to fly your going to have an unlawful and unconstitutional search done upon yourself and your children. So make other arrangements. Don't fly. If enough people simply don'y fly and the entire industry starts to crash from non-use, things will change.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This is quite easy to not only resolve, but to put this whole law into the limelight. A parent who's child is molested like this needs to press charges with the local law enforcement for child molesting against the TSA agent who "felt" the child up. That would be all it would take. They would have to take the defensive approach to the accusations since everyone knows our system makes you guilty before proven innocent!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012srb
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I knew a guy so rotten he got fired from his job as a prison guard.

Most places wouldn't hire a person like that.

Guess who he works for now?

Want really scary? He's a supervisor.

I live in Chicago near Midway and I was at the grocery store and next to me was some punk looking dirt bag, TSA shirt all untucked, dirty looking, had those holes in his ear lobes (you know that thing the punks get where it puts real big holes in your ears and the lobes droop down) and his pants were hanging off his ass, the belt was tied around the thighs, Yep he was a TSA agent, I said "you work at midway?" he said yep, I said "will you all be coming to a mall near us anytime soon?", he laughed. So yeah, thats who has the right to pat me down. gross

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I think everyone needs to stop being so negative about these searches....... they are being carried out for a reason, that reason is PROTECTION OF YOU, and your children, and your family, and your friends. Anyone that comes on here to claim that they are "Fondling little girls" needs to take a step back and stop being such a drama queen..... they are searching people for explosives and weapons, not on some sort of mission to abuse your children. To open a topic with that as a headline is not only misguided, but sensationalist and slightly childish IMO.

We as a community need to stand up for our rights when our freedoms and liberties are UNREASONABLY contravened, but these searches are reasonable and for an obvious purpose. Be angry at the right things people... not the systems that are put into place to protect you and your families..... If you don't want to walk through the scanner, then don't, and state why you don't want to, but you cannot reasonably expect anyone, in any country given the current worldwide security climate, to allow you to get onto a plane with 200+ other people without being thoroughly searched..... to think this is extreme naivety. Believe me.... a terrorist, or someone that wanted to carry out an attrocity, would not give a flying **** if he had to use a child to carry the explosives onto the plane..... these people will go to any lengths.

And please stop exagerating, I have visited America many times recently, (I date a girl that lives in LA), and I have personal experience of these so called invasive searches. They are a security patdown, as you would generalyl expereince at any outdoor music festival or gig.... no more. To claim that the TSA staff are purposely "Fondling" your crotch is just idiotic. Please, grow up people, they have more important things to worry about, like stopping your death. This is just another sympton of our increasingly narcassistic society.........

As many previous posters have said... if you don't like the new rules that have been brought in to protect you, then don't fly..... you have the option, but to arrive at the airport knowing these procedures are in place, and then to kick up a massive fuss just to prove a point is ridiculous.

Just get in your car and drive... that way, those of us that are quite happy with being as safe/sane as possible can board the plane in relative peace, safe in the knowledge that none of you narccasistic nutters have made it through security.

Pete.

Really, they don't want to feel your crotch...... or your childrens.... they are searching you for your own safety......

Please, fight against the right wrongdoings, not the right doings done slightly wrong..... we have far more important things to worry about at ATS.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
She got arrested for screaming and cussing out the TSA staff, not for refusing to let her kid get patted down. If your gonna act like a retard in a public place then you need arrested. If she had kept a calm and polite voice and refused the patdown and left the airport she would have been fine.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Just a quick question, lets say this happened to me and I refused the scanner, and instead asked for a uniformed police officer to pat me down instead of a tsa agent, would that be allowed?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
She got arrested for screaming and cussing out the TSA staff, not for refusing to let her kid get patted down. If your gonna act like a retard in a public place then you need arrested. If she had kept a calm and polite voice and refused the patdown and left the airport she would have been fine.

Sooooo....its against the law to yell and swear and act like a "retard" at agents that DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT to touch us in the first place let alone a child. What about a poor individual with tourette's syndrome, what if he screams "suck my ba**s" at a tsa agent, unless he has papers saying hes ill he can be arrested?

Ok sheep, drink more kool-aid.
edit on 14-7-2011 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Wow, look at all the sheep defending TSA on this thread. "She knew what she was getting into." "If you don't want to get molested don't fly."

Are you people serious? What will you be okay with next?? "If she doesn't want to have shackles around her ankles and ride in a train car with 400 other people, she should keep her mouth shut??"

MORE people need to do what she did, and when I say "MORE" I mean EVERYONE. This has got to STOP.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Just Saying ! !

From what i have read When you Buy a Flight Ticket and if you See FOUR !!! S'

That's SSSS on the Corner of your Ticket that Means you are Labeled as a Security Threat!!

Basically For Life !! Just because if any Un-American or Security Crime Committed or Reported
in your past

The Warning

Here It IS

Secondary Security Screening Selection
en.wikipedia.org...

Secondary Security Screening Selection or Secondary Security Screening Selectee,

known by its acronym SSSS, is an airport security measure in the United States and Canada which selects passengers for additional inspection.

This may also be known as Selectee, Automatic Selectee or the Selectee list[citation needed]. The list contains 14,000 names, as of December 2009

Procedure when selected Passengers who have been selected for this secondary screening will have the letters SSSS or *S* (all capitals) printed on their boarding passes.[4] SSSS passengers will go through a more intensive screening process which may include puffer explosive detectors. Their carry-on luggage may be also be inspected by hand. In the case of film or other items that cannot be X-rayed, the agent may perform a test for possible explosive materials. The screener may also use a hand held metal detector to search the passenger for metal objects

terminaltraveler.com

Boarding Passes marked SSSS and TSA Screening
terminaltraveler.com...

12 April 2008
The Dreaded SSSS On Your Boarding Pass
Web: www.fishfotoworldwide.com -- E-Mail: [email protected]
flyingwithfish.blogspot.com...

edit on 14-7-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I could fix airplane security in about 30 seconds for a fraction of the price.

1) Before entering an airport, your face must be visible.
2) Before boarding the plane, you must eat a bacon sandwich.

Problem solved.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join