It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police charge mother who stopped TSA from fondling her daughter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Will be interesting to see what message
a jury will send concerning this matter.

I hope like heck the Mother pushes for a Jury trial as is her right and does not back down. I also hope A Fully Informed Jury Association Volunteer is in front of the Court House passing out pamphlets about the jury's power and responsibility to judge both the law and the fact.

It is about time we took back our country back from the Power Mad Oligarchy that has usurped it.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Hasent anyone herd of BOOBIE BOMBS ?
Got to check DD and over just in case..
Seriously terrorists arnt going to hyjack planes...Its been done already !
18 wheelers loaded with propane..Amtrack trains the list goes on and on. Planes? Its been done..and we the innocent are the ones being abused ?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

Nope- next one is going to be low tech and in our faces.

9-11 was "things" hitting other "things". While tragic and unprecedented in US history it was essentially remote from Middle America. It was something that happened "in the big city" so to speak.

The next one- mark my words- is going to be teams of men carrying small arms hitting a mall or commercial event (sports, amusement park etc.)

Nothing says "F YOU!" like a blonde haired, blue eyed, all American, corn fed cheerleader pumping pink froth out of a sucking chest wound live at 10 PM on Channel 7.

Once that happens THEN we'll see how free we really are.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Did everyone miss the part where she was swearing and verbally abusive of the officials? THAT is why she was arrested - for acting crazy. The title of this is misleading

Any person who politely refused would not be arrested. They wouldn't be flying that day, but they wouldn't be arrested.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

“(She) told me in a very stearn voice with quite a bit of attitude that they were not going through that X-ray,” Sabrina Birge, an airport security officer, told police.

Poor Sabrina Birge. I bet she didn't expect that someone out of that crowd of dumbed down people at the airport today, she'd find a mother that would actually take up for her daughter's right's to her own person. I bet she was so angry and offended. I mean, how dare that mother right?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
Did everyone miss the part where she was swearing and verbally abusive of the officials? THAT is why she was arrested - for acting crazy. The title of this is misleading

Any person who politely refused would not be arrested. They wouldn't be flying that day, but they wouldn't be arrested.

Going quietly, won't change anything. Why should she have to be rational. The TSA is not rational.
2nd

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
reply to post by Vitchilo

If she didnt want her daughter's crotch grabbed then she should have let her walk through the x-ray plain and simple. There is a fine line between standing up for something you believe in and being ridiculous. Seriously folks, I am sure if TSA wanted to grab someone's crotch for pleasure they would've chosen someone more appropriate like a 17 yr old hottie in daisy dukes. I seriously doubt a pat down consists of grabbing a crotch unless they feel something. My husband was a cop for 22 yrs. He has patted down hundreds of people and not once did he ever do it for pleasure. Get real...this is ridiculous..

My husband worked in security for nearly a decade and never once had to pat down a 6 year old little girl, or touch anyone's genitals for that matter.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3

she knew what she was getting in too. If you refuse the body scanners then you get a pat down. Im not saying itsw right but when you buy that ticket your agreeing with the security measures of the airport.

Ya know.. I have to say.. That one comment is really starting to piss me off.

So ya get shot while you walk out your front door to pick up the paper.

Hey, they neighborhood has been getting bad for years.. You knew what you were getting into!

That's my new slogan. I'm gonna walk around telling people this when they say something, anything above my personal perspective on the world..

So... You knew what you were getting into. Not my problem!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
If you are too afraid to fly with 90s type security, DON'T FLY YOU WUSS.

If you are frightened of a pat down or a scanner, DON'T FLY, YOU WUSS!

Your choice.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Most Americans need to remember the Founders words. “Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security” Benjamin Franklin. Its amazing what rights our country threw away for national security.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by littletheif203

Please tell me where in the US Constitution that air travel is specified as a right.

Even better please tell me where it states you have the right to occupy someone's property without complying with the owner's wishes.

Can't do it can you?

That is because air travel is not a "right" in any sense of the word.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012srb
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I knew a guy so rotten he got fired from his job as a prison guard.

Most places wouldn't hire a person like that.

Guess who he works for now?

Want really scary? He's a supervisor.

Not one for droppin' a dime on someone....but have you done
anything to protect the public at large in regards to his non-qualifications for his present position
with the TSA?

getting arrested is not what should have happened...but since it did, I feel for her...hope she realizes that
it's not worth flying if she doesn't have to. She could have rented a car from Tennessee to drive to Baltimore for the price of her plane tickets...take a road trip...more fun.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

Even better please tell me where it states you have the right to occupy someone's property without complying with the owner's wishes.

You should take a look at this thread, here... It's only if it's good for TPTB and friends.

People should stop taking planes for a few months. You'll see if the TSA will stand long under the air companies pressures. A plane is a heavy thing, imagine the whole company!

Forgot to say she did well in defending her child, but should have taken another method of transportation...
edit on 14-7-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Reply to post by SFA437

And when a right is waived, that waiver can be recanted at anytime without repercussion. TSA does not seem to get that.

You may envoke your rights whenever you so choose.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Reply to post by Pervius

If black people don't like the back of the bus, they shouldn't ride the bus.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Yes and by invoking that right you forfeit your slot on the aircraft, the same way if you refuse the Alkasensor you forfeit your drivers license.

This woman chose to invoke her right (and her child's) and tried to board the aircraft- which in this case are mutually exclusive activities.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Reply to post by SFA437

9th Amendment.

If I feel it is a right, and it is not infringing on another persons rights, then it is protected.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I'm looking at it from a private property standpoint...

Aircraft are owned by the airlines. Nobody has a "right" to a seat on that aircraft to be transported wherever they wish to go.

You also refer to infringing on the rights of others. I'd put forth that the shareholders of the airline's rights would be violated if their conditions for passage, agreed to in a binding contract by the passenger, were later disregarded at will by the passenger.

BTW Thank you for bringing some intelligence to the thread

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Reply to post by SFA437

I don't see where she tried to get on the plane. She was attested for mouthing off (which is also protected by the first amendment, unlessa she was threatening the agent with violence, which the article is vague upon. Callimg someome a #ing idiot can be construed as verbally abusive.)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

By entering the checkpoint she was showing intent to board. She had to provide boarding passes to enter the checkpoint itself and securing the passes is a prerequisite to boarding, as is entering the checkpoint. If this were a criminal act she'd have met the threshold for attempted [insert crime].

I'd imagine the charge would be dis-con and from viewing some other irate passengers at the ILM TSA checkpoint I can see it happening. I never charged dis-con unless some really wacky stuff was going on or civilians complained about the behavior. Seeing how some officers act nowadays though...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join