It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember Obama's sob story about his mother's struggle with health insurance?? New doubts!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by jibeho

Originally posted by Janky Red
The number of people denied coverage also increased during the three-year period, from 172,000 in 2007 to 257,000 in 2009, an increase of nearly 50%, the lawmakers reported.
"Each company had business plans that relied on using preexisting conditions to limit the amount of money paid for medical claims," the report said. "In one document, executives devised a plan for strategic growth in the individual market that identified areas of opportunity to be 'improved preexisting exclusion processes, tighter condition and large claim review, [and] tighter underwriting guidelines.' "

Yet more evidence from the real world.

There are several levels of denials, from all out recession to line item, which could
Include the most expensive of treatments.

www.ama-assn.org...

Thanks for sharing BILLER. It's still irrelevant here. You're just spouting to give yourself credibility as a BILLER. You're going to have your hands full if Obamacare ever gets into full swing. Perhaps then we can have a good debate about denial of coverage because there will be plenty of it.

Any thoughts on Obama's lie/half truth?? Didn't think so...
edit on 13-7-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

Oh I know mister polo and watercress sandwiches, working for a doctor is a no no in high society...
Does not change the fact that, the OP and you are the liars that press a false
Narrative. Ending contractual rescission is a wonderful thing for Americans health insurance holders.
Maybe you should just stop supplying your butler with coverage, or move your assets to a more ethical position?

Obama stated that he thought his mothers need to battle insurance adjusters while dying was not a pleasant state of affairs. That is not a lie,,, show me the lie... The lie is saying that he said she was rescinded, he never said that, did he?

You're just mad because I do not fall in line like a robot...

Obama has lied about war, transparency amoungst other things.
But you have both failed to make the case here... Have your chauffeur
Pull the Bently around and take a ride for fun
edit on 13-7-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

Plenty of broad liberal assumptions in your post eh. Polo? Watercress Sandwiches?A butler?chauffer? Bentley?
Funny! Thanks for the laugh Stankyred. So I get stereotyped because I like to sail? Plenty of Bass and Walleye fishermen that have boats far more expensive to own and operate than my sailboat and dinghy. Do they have butlers, Bentleys and play polo too??

Keep on keepin on. Time for me to go eat my watercress sandwich. Never had one before but it sounds good

BTW you put direct emphasis by capping out the fact that you were a MEDICAL BILLER for some reason. Naturally, I just returned the courtesy by capping it out in like manner. Just more assumptions made by you in this one little thread.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by butcherguy
I would call it lying by omission on the part of President Obama, but he is an attorney.... Right?

I would expect that of him.
Quoting myself,

He is not an attorney! He surrendered his license voluntarily, but usually the only reason for a lawyer to do so would be because he faces disbarment if he keeps the license. In effect it is a way to avoid disbarment.

Seriously, why would an attorney that spent so much time, effort and money to get that license.... surrender it? Just give it up???

I know one personally that surrendered his, because he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. He was facing prison time, and voluntarily gave up his license before the court took it away.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Any proof that her deductibles were going to bankrupt Obama's family? Doubtful.

Seriously. I had to read your OP three times to make sure that you weren't confused, but just BSing as usual.

Then Candidate Obama DID NOT say that the insurance companies denied the claims for coverage, but that they TRIED to.

This doesn't mean that they didn't cover her. Insurance companies try many tactics to avoid paying and "Pre-existing condition" is the one they use most often.

My guess is that before paying the claims they sent a questionaire and forms suggesting that they weren't liable. Bury the patient in paperwork. That works too.

Nothing Pres. Obama said was shown to be untrue by your OP.

It would be unusual if the insurance company didn't try to deny the claim as a default practice at that time.

Wow....Embrace ignorance...spin the facts...go after deceased moms...just all kinds of ugly here. Enjoy your dark, dank, little hate party thread though. Later.
edit on 13-7-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Interesting debate but I want to throw a monkey wrench in the Class Warfare nonsense you spouted. Per Capita income for Democrats surpassed that of every other Class years ago. You make a good argument until you do what you accuse them of doing.

No I'm not rich, I'm from poverty but to old and wise to be drawn into or participate in Partisan propaganda and word play.

The OP made a valid point using good information from the best source available. I will admit the attack was wrong minded, but your response and resorting to Class Warfare is just as out of line in my opinion. Somebody having a momentary loss of temper does not justify the dishonesty of the Class Warfare, scare the Little Old Ladies game for Partisan reasons.

Honest people debate honestly do they not?

I have no horse in the race as I refuse to participate in any Parties games any longer. Tried them both when young, found them equally repugnant and dishonest and now understand why Independents are now the largest voting block. We are all sick of Partisans from both sides.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
lol

so the insurance company tried to screw king oreo's mom over?

and what does he do on ascending the throne?

stuff more money in their already overflowing pockets.

S&F OP

don't mind the koolaid corps.

and a bump let's get the local [ats] experts here.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I love it when the NYT runs with a story like this. Naturally, they attempt to minimize the circumstances of the situation. What I call lies and omissions of truth and essential facts, the NYT calls a "mischaracterization" Oh well, here it is

The White House isn't challenging the account in the book.

The White House on Wednesday declined to challenge an account in a new book that suggests that President Obama, in his campaign to overhaul American health care, mischaracterized a central anecdote about his mother’s deathbed dispute with her insurance company.

During his presidential campaign and subsequent battle over a health care law, Mr. Obama quieted crowds with the story of his mother’s fight with her insurer over whether her cancer was a pre-existing condition that disqualified her from coverage.

In offering the story as an argument for ending pre-existing condition exclusions by health insurers, the president left the clear impression that his mother’s fight was over health benefits for medical expenses.

But in “A Singular Woman: The Untold Story of Barack Obama’s Mother,” author Janny Scott quotes from correspondence from the president’s mother to assert that the 1995 dispute concerned a Cigna disability insurance policy and that her actual health insurer had apparently reimbursed most of her medical expenses without argument.

The WH did make this statement which clearly leaves and open end as to the explanation of Obama's characterization. Perhaps Obama's recollection of events more than 15 years ago was a little foggy. Classic

“We have not reviewed the letters or other material on which the author bases her account,” said Nicholas Papas, the spokesman. “The president has told this story based on his recollection of events that took place more than 15 years ago.”

Obama's classic get out of jail free cards "Misspeak", "Can't remember" "just joking", "mischaracterized"

Just in case you missed it earlier, Ann Dunham's insurance problem was based solely on her post illness disability claim not her Health Insurance Coverage.

The Obamacare debate was never about disability insurance which is why key details of this story were intentionally omitted y Obama and his speech writers. Disability insurance is not intended to cover medical expenses. It is meant to cover lost income and living expenses while disabled and many people choose not to add it to their plan.

Based on the rhetoric in Obama's speeches on the subject and on the carefully crafted tale of his mother's situation, Obama's supporters were left form some basic assumptions that the story told by Obama dealt with HEALTH insurance problems. Would the outcome have been different if Obama shared the whole story and all of the facts?? I would hope Obama is capable of remembering key details about an illness that took his beloved mother's life.

Robert J. Blendon, a professor of health policy and political analysis at Harvard, said that if an alternate narrative about Ms. Dunham’s dispute had been discovered during the 2008 campaign “people would have considered it a significant error.” He added: “I just took for granted that it was a pre-existing condition health insurance issue.”

I think the professor is correct!!!! Many assumptions were made based on the tale that was told.

The Cigna disability policy, according to Ms. Scott, allowed the company to deny a claim if a patient had seen a doctor about the condition that caused the disability in the three months before employment. During that period, Ms. Dunham visited a New York gynecologist. When Cigna obtained the doctor’s notes, it learned that she had formed a working hypothesis that Ms. Dunham might have uterine cancer, Ms. Scott wrote.

The doctor ordered up a series of tests, and Ms. Dunham submitted to most of them. “None of these tests indicated that I had cancer,” Ms. Dunham wrote to Cigna, according to the book.

After several months, Cigna denied the claim. Ms. Dunham then requested a review, writing to Cigna that she had turned the case over to “my son and attorney, Barack Obama,” Ms. Scott wrote.

Ms. Scott said in the interview that she did not turn up documents to suggest that Ms. Dunham had a similar dispute with her health insurer, which she did not name. She said she could not determine from the documents she viewed whether Mr. Obama, then a lawyer in Chicago, had in fact petitioned Cigna on his mother’s behalf.

www.nytimes.com...

Don't expect to see this story on NBC, CBS or ABC tonight or any other night.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join