It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tommy Lee Jones For TX Senate Seat? New Poll Says He Just May Be The One

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
blogs.houstonpress.com...

The movement to draft Tommy Lee Jones to run as a Democrat to replace Kay Bailey Hutchison is most likely doomed to failure, but a new poll shows Jones might be a viable candidate.

Well, Hutchison said she wont be seeking re-election in 2012, so Jones may have a chance!

Public Policy Polling released its survey today on the 2012 Senate race, and it shows Jones with the best favorable/unfavorable combo among possible candidates. It also shows he is within range of two Republican candidates, Lt. Governor David Dewhurst and former Dallas mayor Tom Leppert, in head-to-head matchups.

Dewhurst beats him 43-39 percent, and Leppert by only 38-37.

That actually looks pretty close. It's still very early in the race and Im not sure if everyone running has actually came out and said they're running yet.

Tommy Lee Jones hasnt actually "put his hat into the ring" yet, instead, a radio host wants to draft him to run.

Im not sure what Jones is thinking at the moment, but I find this way too hilarious.

edit on 13-7-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
i gotta admit, I wouldn't mind having Woodrow F Call himself being my senator

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Sure why not? If Arnold can do it then why not Tommy Lee Jones, at least he seems like a pretty kewl dude. Get anybody in there, just don't get another politician.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Great! Tommy Lee Jones was Al Gore's roommate in college. So I wonder what
his agenda is? He's an actor which should make him a damn good liar. He should
fit right in.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I like him as an actor, but not a politician. I would ask what Mr. Jones' qualifications are for being a viable candidate? But considering Obama became president, i guess they really don't matter much now do they?
edit on 13-7-2011 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

I think we need to take out all the over achievers (Politicians) myself. Let someone less educated and making more sense get in there.......I bet they wouldn't piss us off half as much as a scumbag politician would. Get Farmer John ANYBODY has got to do a better job then the greedy %$#& we got in their now.....IMHO of course!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS

I think we need to take out all the over achievers (Politicians) myself. Let someone less educated and making more sense get in there.......I bet they wouldn't piss us off half as much as a scumbag politician would. Get Farmer John ANYBODY has got to do a better job then the greedy %$#& we got in their now.....IMHO of course!

I couldn't agree with you more. The smartest peope are not always the smartest choice!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Oh thank God! The Guy from Motely Crue is running for Pres!

CJ

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS

I couldn't agree with you more. The smartest peope are not always the smartest choice!

I agree on removing career politicians...then what...let someone less educated and making more sense get in there..ah, no. not how it works. It won't change unless demanded.

CJ

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

post by ColoradoJens

I agree on removing career politicians...then what...let someone less educated and making more sense get in there..ah, no. not how it works. It won't change unless demanded.

CJ

I think it's more on the lines of not voting for an uneducated person, but more on the lines of voting for someone with street smarts and not the "career politician."

If people really want change, then the system needs changed along with the person / people running the system. Most of the time, when new blood is introduced, they bring new ideas and hopefully thinking that people can sit back and say "I wish I had thought of that!"

I also agree with your statement, "It won't change unless demanded". Most people complain and whine about the problems, but never voice their concern. A handful of people will can promote change, but an organized group of people can implement change with the power of their voice.

With that said, I'm not saying to go start a riot or a march on Washington. I'm saying, write your Senators, your Congress Representatives, your President. Let them know you want the problems fixed and provide a list of those problems. In the same letter let them know you are unhappy with their performance and if it doesn't change for the better, you are voting against them. Also, let them know you mean business and that your are going to educate your friends, family and neighbors about how they are failing in their performance.

They all need to understand that we the people have the power, not the person in the seat. We put the person in the seat to represent us, we can also remove them.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Isn't this how Reagan became President? Idiots watching too many movies and assuming that the actors are just like the characters they portray?

top topics

join