It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love Your Neighbour As Yourself After Learning How To Love Thyself

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by disasternaut

God made the human being to contain the spirit and essencial nature of God. The purpose of Jesus is to provide a model of authentic leadership, to point the way. In this sense Jesus is our true nature and the very best part of ourselves, as love itself. The doctrine which would use Jesus as an idol of worship, to separate us from him, is insane, since we were also made to contain the same spirit of God, and are not separate from him in any way, most certainly not when in Christ with Christ in us. We cannot worship Jesus Christ from a position of separateness, that's absurd. We are to fall in love with him, by falling in love with love, and in so doing, love self and neighbor as self, as God loves us, a love made manifest in the person of Jesus.
God is spirit and truth. We do not worship and honor a God that is a separate entity from ourselves, albeit the spirit of God is both innerent and transcedant.

I tell you, literalist fundamentalist conservative Christianity ought to prepare to make way for the truth and the reality of the living Christ, because it's doing Jesus no favors by making of him an isolate, particularized idol of worship.

Very sad these misunderstandings are, since they prevent progress and our own evolution towards Christ as intended.

As a Christian, your post makes me sad, makes the spirit of Christ in me sad.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Firstly know thyself.
Love can not be known until the Self is known.
Self is love.

What he said, with brevity.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Again, Jesus is God. It would make no sense for God not to desire you to worship him. While I do see that we are apart of God in the context that we are his creation, I must point out the distinction between this and truly being one with God; I'm glad to see that you are a fellow brother in Christ, but we must be careful in coming to conclusions in our very human, finite minds, lest we be partakers of blasphemy towards the Word.

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
-Col. 2:8

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
One can not love oneself.
One is one.
When one knows one is one.
Then love is all there is.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by disasternaut

We are one with God, we are not gods creation.
There is not god+me.
There is no 'thing' to worship.
All 'things' (of the world) are passing.
Make no idols of 'me'.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I learnt to love myself at about the age of ten, I later tried to love my neighbor as I loved myself but her husband beat me up ignoring all my shouts for him to open up his minds eye and evolve as a spiritual person, sheesh you try to live life as exemplified in the book and that kind of stuff happens, meh.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join