It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love Your Neighbour As Yourself After Learning How To Love Thyself

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Is this the key to world peace and world underrstanding?

They say the jews have to obey approx 500 to 700 commandments to be considered obedient Jews, but would the thread title be suffice ?... if it was obeyed?

edit on 13-7-2011 by Dr Expired because: capitals

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Love thy caps lock and ye shall be shunned. (Bandit 3:16)

On topic: I think do unto others is only applicable with sane, non-destructive individuals. But aside from that it would be the only credo we would need as a species.
Fat chance though.
edit on 13-7-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

ETA: how does your mind segue from demons swapping babies at birth to discussing social morality/dogma?
edit on 13-7-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

Ye are rigtheous and a prophet?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Yes! It is my opinion and belief that if everyone followed your thread title, that would pretty much be the end of wars, poverty, starvation, and violent crime.

Mind if I take it further?

“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

[Matthew 22:36-40]

Let us step away from the anthropomorphic doctrine and dogma of Christianity for a moment to simply analyze the texts.

What is God? God is Alpha, Omega... the Beginning, the End... this implies 'God' is EVERYTHING.

"Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me."

[John 14:11]

Here again we see evidence of Oneness. Step away from the dogma and doctrine of Jesus' exclusive divinity. Why do I say this, really quick; Jesus said not even the son knows the hour, only the Father knows, and Jesus' dying words, "Father why have thou forsaken me," and Jesus' reassurance that his followers can do even greater miracles than what he preformed, and also Jesus' affirmation that "ye are gods."

To my point:
God is All, God is within us, we are within God, and we are gods. So to love God with all our hearts and all our souls we must love EVERYTHING. Every creature, every plant, water, air, earth, and all of nature. To Love God we must Love All. Very pantheistic, yes I know... but it makes all the sense to me.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Careful with the We are all God thing. Fundamentally you are correct, and I used to believe that but it led to ego problems for me. I prefer to think of humans as being a cell in the body of God. Here for but an instant in the life of the organism, vital to it's function as a whole, but insignificant on it's own.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
it is like the [COLOR=GOLD] GOLDEN RULE [/COLOR] and makes lots of sense. Why its so hard to get to this point is amazing...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Off topic:

Love and treat others as you love and treat yourself.

Is this statement can be apply to sadomasochism people?
By all means, i think you have a good appreciation of the issue name Jesus.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by Sahabi

Careful with the We are all God thing.

Peace be with you.

Thank you for your warning, but I assure you it is not needed with me. I do not believe myself to be god any more than a droplet of water or a blade of grass is god. I quoted to down-grade Jesus' divinity, not to elevate mine.

If you notice in my post I used the term "pantheistic."

Pantheism is a metaphysical and religious position. Broadly defined it is the view that (1) “God is everything and everything is God … the world is either identical with God or in some way a self-expression of his nature” (Owen 1971: 74). Similarly, it is the view that (2) everything that exists constitutes a “unity” and this all-inclusive unity is in some sense divine (MacIntyre 1967: 34). A slightly more specific definition is given by Owen (1971: 65) who says (3) “‘Pantheism’ … signifies the belief that every existing entity is, only one Being; and that all other forms of reality are either modes (or appearances) of it or identical with it.”

[Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy]

As you see, we are agreeing with each other. May Peace be upon you my friend.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

Hello, and may you walk in Peace!

Pain and destruction are counter to love. If you love a thing why would you want to hurt it? But if a person enjoys to be hurt, and another enjoys to inflict hurt... no one is violating anyone's free will by participating in a mutual S&M. Haha

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Cool. I have an ego problem so I was just sharing my experience so you could perhaps learn from my mistakes. I'm happy that I didn't need to.. =)

Namaste

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

I totally understand! Ego is something we all struggle with at some level or another. Ego is needed for our existence, but we must strive to not let it rule nor deceive us.

Before today I have studied and given heed to various ideologies of sovereign divinity. Through all of the ego and illusions, something William Cooper said cut right through all of the bullcrap; "Make me a universe." I can't make myself young. I can imagine and create within my mind, yet it is not stable, long lasting, nor as vast in scope or detail as 'physical reality.'

We are not God... none of us are. But all of existence is interconnected and codependent. Everything matters to everything. What are your thoughts?

May we triumph over ego my friend! Peace unto you.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I had an enlightenment experience and I was literally able to change physical reality. I also completely lost my ego. I chose to fall back into the Illusion and maintain my attachments to my wife and some aspects of my former life. Now I exist as a part of the word but not of it. Conscious of the suffering that my way of life produces and completely helpless to change it.

So I would say that we do have power to create as long as we have faith in ourselves of said power. I am hopeful of the Consciousness shift in 2012, but if it doesn't happen I'm probably going to abandon my life. I'm sick of the game of incarnation and the way we are forced to play it, I don't have the will to play after seeing the man behind the curtain. I'd rather loose "Everything" and devote myself to charity of the rest of my natural life than continue to have my luxury supported on the backs of 80% of the world.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

Such an incredible experience! Nice of you to share. I agree with the sentiment of your reply. I have been having extremely strong urges as well. Lord Buddha, Jesus Christ, Prophet Muhammad, and even Mahatma Gandhi all had something in common; they went into the wild and wandered the country sides before reaching their insightful wisdoms. Between the ages of 30-40 is when they gained insightful enlightenment. I am rapidly approaching that stage in my life (28 yrs). The life of a spiritual, nomadic seeker calls out to me! Oh, but the whole attachments thing... family mainly...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Thank you for sharing as well. Namaste my friend

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by Dr Expired

Yes! It is my opinion and belief that if everyone followed your thread title, that would pretty much be the end of wars, poverty, starvation, and violent crime.

Mind if I take it further?

“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

[Matthew 22:36-40]

Let us step away from the anthropomorphic doctrine and dogma of Christianity for a moment to simply analyze the texts.

What is God? God is Alpha, Omega... the Beginning, the End... this implies 'God' is EVERYTHING.

"Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me."

[John 14:11]

Here again we see evidence of Oneness. Step away from the dogma and doctrine of Jesus' exclusive divinity. Why do I say this, really quick; Jesus said not even the son knows the hour, only the Father knows, and Jesus' dying words, "Father why have thou forsaken me," and Jesus' reassurance that his followers can do even greater miracles than what he preformed, and also Jesus' affirmation that "ye are gods."

To my point:
God is All, God is within us, we are within God, and we are gods. So to love God with all our hearts and all our souls we must love EVERYTHING. Every creature, every plant, water, air, earth, and all of nature. To Love God we must Love All. Very pantheistic, yes I know... but it makes all the sense to me.

Perfect. It makes sense to me as well.

Loving neighbor as self is the logical extension of love God above all, and Jesus makes this clear.

For contemplation - if we were to stand in the unconditioned ground of being, what obligations and committments arise from us in relation to others? Put another way, if there is nothing we HAVE to do (no shoulds) then what motivates and inspires?

Thus we are back to the first/last cause, which is love.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Yes, I believe so. Concerning the oneness idea God created us and in that sense we are apart of him; but to say that we truly are God or God's is a mistake, we cannot bend the forces of time at will and cause the planets to align. Jesus, on the other hand, was God on earth; God specifically chose to come as Jesus to save us from our sins, a mere human who was not God incarnate could not execute such a divine feat.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by disasternaut

Jesus of himself was a nobody and a nothing, of himself, and as a nothing, he became filled with the Spirit of the Living God without reservation or limitation, and thus "God" as spirit and truth and love incarnated into him, if not at conception, then somewhere along the way. But he only did what he "saw" or percieved the father doing, as evidenced all around. His "food" was to do the will of the one who sent him. In this way, he subjugated the world to himself and transformed everything, within himself, and thus was capable of redeeming, for God, a fallen world, while creating a gateway or a bridge, through and over which we can, if we so choose, pass into the kingdom of eternal life, and become informed in the same way, although the student can never be as great as the master teacher.

"And as my father hath sent me, even so send I you."

But let's not so differentiate and particularize Jesus, that he becomes an idol..!!! Let us not miss out on the invitation he presents to us through whatever means. Let us not be ignorant and superstitious and dogmatic when it comes to Jesus. All ye Christians with ears to hear let them hear!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Hello,
Excuse me but there is someone that don't love in this equation S&M doing what they do.
The person that don't love here is them self...they don't love them self for one have to carry so much care for other and him self...the world is full of people that crave more the material aspect of experience then the abstract aspect of experience of the inner-you.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Firstly know thyself.
Love can not be known until the Self is known.
Self is love.

edit on 15-7-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

God chose to come in the form of Jesus; Jesus in and of himself was God on earth, so to say that Jesus
should not be idolized is to say that God should not be held in high regard because God is the Father, Son, and the holy spirit united as a whole.

" Anyone who has seen me has seen the father".

John 14:9

top topics

<<   2 >>

join