It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggest a good video card!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Hi there..my nvidia card 7600gt got busted lately after 5 years of usage. I read somewhere that the drivers could have caused the failure but never mind. I need a good video card for under 90 dollars. Here in India I couldnt order online as newegg doesnt ship here. Where could I buy a new card?

I have shortlisted some: nvidia gt240/440, radeon 5670/6570. Which one do you think will perform better for under 90-100 dollars? I am not much of a gamer but uses heavy 3d rendering.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
GeForce 2 Introduced in early 2000

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Blockbuster

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

check ebay. you can usually find some good deals on new cards. the gt 240 would probably be a good card depending on what program / what you are rendering. in my own experience w/ 3d rendering, nvidia cards knock the socks off of ati/amd. With that being said the comparison cards were a 9800gtx+ from nvidia and a radeon hd 4570 from ati. ( my comparison was done using autodesk inventor )

just remember that when you start upgrading your Gpu, upgrading your Cpu or o/c'ing it will help out performance greatly

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Not too sure about the buying part (I'm not so good at it) but between the the GT440 and the HD5670....I would definetly pick the HD5670 (don't take the 6570) you'll get more money's worth with that card.

(just make sure you choose the 1GB memory option)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Before you buy a new or used newish card make sure ...

1. Its the same type.... ISA PCI AGP or PCIE

2. It fits your computer.... As in its a single slot type as some newer ones are duo slot and might not fit your pc.

3.Also dose it need to be a micro type or a standard size

4. Is your power supply up to the task.... how strong is your power supply

5. Does it use a pcie power connector or 2 .... the 6 pin pcie power connector or the 8 pin pcie connector

6. What are you going to run on it? Latest games or just MS word and the web....
edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: info

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
www.newegg.com...

I'd go for this one, you'll be able to max out old games, not new ones, but at least you'll be able to play direct x 11.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by oriondreamer

Yeah why not Geforce 256? that makes more sense.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I agree with others that the Radeon 5670 is a great card. The power requirements and heat output of this card isn't over the top, they are about the same as the card you are replacing. I'm sorry that I don't speak your language so I can't help with finding a local website to order one. As others stated make sure you have a PCI express slot for the video card. If you have an AGP, you will have to find a slightly older Radeon 4650/4670, that is the fastest AGP card that I know of. Just be careful as the 4650/4670 came in both AGP and PCI express.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1
1. Its the same type.... ISA PCI AGP or PCIE

Did you really say "ISA"? Really?

To the OP, I'll chime in with the rest and say ATI/AMD is more bang for the buck. The HD5670 should be able to handle your needs.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I use PCI Express. Is the 4670 good enough? Its more cheaper here now
But it lacks dx11.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

The 4670 is not a very good card. I'd go with the 4850 which looks like it's in the same price range as 4670, but has double the processing power.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Try to find a local used goods website. In USA we have craigslist.com. Their has to be something for your area if you live in a populated area with internet. If you find a similar web page just browse threw to see if you can find a video a card. If you decided you want it make sure you test it. When i say test I mean play a game on it for 20mins, make sure you check the temperatures to. You can find some good deals on these sites. I dont know about india but hear you can get a used 9800gtx+ for 50 dollars.

top topics

join