It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carter G. Woodson the father of black history month knew what he was saying.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
If you think about what this famous African American journalist quoted, i't is very true and in ways this is how our government manipulates our society and has turned us more into a materialistic community so our minds are directed away from whats really going on and were busy worried about pointless things such as how we look or if we trend the right way with everyone else or the famous stars that we look up to. Especially our news, like the Casey Anthony's case and before that we had Arnold's affair..etc..etc..etc. Thing's on those lines if you will, things that keep us diluted and away from whatever it may be.

Carter G. Woodson - "If you can control a man's thinking, you don't have to worry about his actions. If you can determine what a man thinks you do not have worry about what he will do. If you can make a man believe that he is inferior, you don't have to compel him to seek an inferior status, he will do so without being told and if you can make a man believe that he is justly an outcast, you don't have to order him to the back door, he will go to the back door on his own and if there is no back door, the very nature of the man will demand that you build one."

edit on 12-7-2011 by SeattlesFinest because: Quote edit

thinkexist.com...

edit on 7/12/2011 by Mirthful Me because: EX Tags & Link.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
People have always been curious about current news topics, it doesn't mean the government is trying to control the way you think.

I doubt the collective government is even smart enough to devise a plan to control the way people think.

Also what does the fact that this man is black have anything to do with your post?
edit on 12-7-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SeattlesFinest

I agree with your OP and Woodson's statement entirely except for one point.
I wonder at your use of the term government when referring to those who are responsible for the control of society. That term is to my understanding a less than satisfactory description of those who perpetrate these actions on society. Otherwise, right on.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Not really those all were blown out of perspective on an extraordinary level, truthfully who even cares about those things that much, there is always a news topic that will be going for weeks or a few months at a time no matter what. I personally think the news and what is showed on the news is showed for a reason, to keep us focused on that specific topic for a certain amount of time so some other topic can be repressed. If you read that quote and understand it, it's completely true how to keep a controlled society without having to worry about any problems ever happening. Its having full control with hardly even having to do anything. the USA is to big to control by force so this is the easiest way and the best part people will never ask questions or show rebellious acts.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

You will know of course being so superior to the powers that be that the Hitler Goebbels partnership virtually invented daytime and reality tv in the run up to WWII and of course they never affected peoples thinking. If every power that ever was from the Sumerians through the Babylonians to the Egyptians to Greece onto Rome etc etc, created religions and politics to gain the desired result and succeeded one must indeed put one myth to bed. I thought that not only did the Ostrich not bury it's head in the sand but also that it would be of little use but you prove me wrong. You keep your head buried mate reality seems to have passed you by. For the rest of us it's a little more troubling.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SeattlesFinest

And what exactly is the government trying to prevent us from seeing? Every single problem going on I see being discussed in one way or another somewhere.

Not everybody is watching Case Anthony coverage 24 hours a day.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Interesting to read what that man thought. It makes me understand more what Black history month is about. It is true, blacks were suppressed and lied to about themselves to the point they believed it. Once the story became unbelievable, people like Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr. began to wake up, and they woke up the rest. Judge a man by his character. Not his car, not his house, not the color of his skin, not his wife, not his children, not his career, not his money, not his friends, not the places he has been.
edit on 13-7-2011 by Novise because: (no reason given)

Edit: It makes me remember in the movie Malcolm. A white girl asks him what can white people do to help? He said "nothing." Now I took that as harsh but if the battle was for them to realize their own true worth, nobody can tell them that or help them with it they have to see it for themselves, and do it on their own.

Society and TPTB want us to feel worthless, if only so we buy their crap so we will feel better. They have happiness for sale, and it is our God-given right to pursue it. The further political side of this doesn't seem so important these days. The bills are so long nobody can read them anyway. But over the past century crucial decisions were made, and all the public relations tricks and doing things behind the scenes took more effort then. I don't have to visit the microfiche in the Library to tell you that it was not in headlines that congress would be voting on the Federal Reserve act on Christmas eve back in 1913.
edit on 13-7-2011 by Novise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I don't know exactly what but i feel that they want to keep us worried and feel inferior to each other so that way they never have to worry about people rebelling against the Gov like you see in 3rd world countries.
They cant control us like Hitler and say were a free country so they have to pull strings that we don't notice so they can make it look more professional and we will never even know so there fore we will never question the system in large groups that they cant keep under control. Imagine if the whole USA rebelled... They would lose control of states and all authority. "They treat us as we are their sheep and lead us where they shall, over time they have led us stray from our beginning heard and lost us from our ways."

top topics

join