It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another cop attacks neighbor filming abusive police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Across the street from that house stood Jonathon Thamas. He says police turned their attention to him when he began videotaping.

"One officer got frustrated and told us to get our F--- in the house" said Thamas.

He says officers deleted the video after chasing him inside his home with their guns drawn.

"He grabbed me like this threw me down the chair fell over and my head hit the side of that cabinet and another cop came and kicked me in the face" he said.

Source

The cops were raiding a residence, in doing so handcuffed an 11 year old kid at gunpoint. The neighbor began filming, as as becoming more common, the cops attacked a law abiding citizen with weapons drawn. They then go on to delete the footage. So the cops can erase evidence of police brutality and no one gets in trouble.

I know there are some good cops out there, but more and more we see how many bad ones there are. I think the scales were tipped in opposition to justice long ago. To protect and serve has long been only a motto and not a policy.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Is there any evidence of this besides the kid's word?

Not that I'm doubting its just, this could be an attempt to gain attention. The only evidence he had is deleted? Just seems kind of set up for my liking.

Just my .02 cents.

ETA: Just reread the source and saw this:

Police say they have received some written complaints of abuse but say people must follow officer's commands to avoid any potential altercations.

So if a cop tells you to jump off a cliff, do you do it?
edit on 12-7-2011 by isthisreallife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife

In this instance, there is none. The police in this town have a history of wrong doing.

In such a case, there isn't much you can expect. I wonder how many other cases of such things have had reports of police deleting or destroying the evidence.

ETA:

Originally posted by isthisreallife

Exactly. Too many police have a God complex, from my own experience.

I wish cops and politicians actually considered themselves public servants.
edit on 12-7-2011 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I read that they had a history. Which does make the story more believable. But, that being said. With that woman making national headlines on her story, it is a perfect time to cash in.

Its too bad that guy didn't have a Google Plus account. They have this new setting called Instant Upload that automatically uploads any picture or video onto your account. That way everything is safe.

That would put an end to the question and it would show corruption on a grand scale.

I wish cops and politicians actually considered themselves public servants.

HA. What do you think this is? A democracy with Popular Sovereignty?
Come on man, this isn't 1776 anymore. This is Amerika!
edit on 12-7-2011 by isthisreallife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
We can't take this anymore, if you or somebody you know is the victim of police corruption, abuse, brutality, or whatever, either sue the living hell out of that police department and get that clown fired so he has to drive a school bus for the rest of his life, or take action into your own hands and defend yourself against corruption. We have guns for a reason; cops aren't above the law, if they are doing something illegal and hiding behind a badge, shoot them and get a good nights sleep knowing that you stood up against some power hungry douche. Unfortunately things don't always play out like a movie, and you could easily get injured or killed yourself, so the first thing is probably to take legal action.

edit on 12-7-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Also remember that this is a hot topic in the news and your gonna see alot of people making false claims hoping for a payout or some noteriety.

Not saying it doesn't happen legitimately but there are always people who try to take advantage of stuff like this.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Install a video system around your house moniters aimed at the yard and street..turn on the cameras and stay inside..catch them in the act .

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by isthisreallife

You better. What happens if you don't? Tazed, receive a beating, tazed some more, a dash of pepper spray. Handcuffed and executed with a bullet in the back of your head.

Police Officer: Spread your cheeks.
You: Sir yes sir!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2009/01/01/BAB9152I2Q.DTL&type=newsbayarea
southtownstar.suntimes.com...

edit on 12-7-2011 by balon0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

you know what.....if this elenin comet is real and it does cause problem for earth,.....i have thought about it quite seriously nd ive decided that when # does hit the fan....for me... straight to the gun shop...next door to get myself a motorbike, then straight to the dirty rat infested cop shop to get me some bacon!!!! hahaha fracken dogs they are...dw im going out ( TAKEN OUT COPS )..... thats for law betraying me when i needed it the most... the law is nothing # the law.... cops are dogs and will always be dogs....it is in their dna... the need to have power over others...thats what makes a JEW become the money hungry skunk they are...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentJB

you know what.....if this elenin comet is real and it does cause problem for earth,.....i have thought about it quite seriously nd ive decided that when # does hit the fan....for me... straight to the gun shop...next door to get myself a motorbike, then straight to the dirty rat infested cop shop to get me some bacon!!!! hahaha fracken dogs they are...dw im going out ( TAKEN OUT COPS )..... thats for law betraying me when i needed it the most... the law is nothing # the law.... cops are dogs and will always be dogs....it is in their dna... the need to have power over others...thats what makes a JEW become the money hungry skunk they are...

Alright I was with you 100% until you went all Mel Gibson on us at the end there. Was that necessary?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
We can't take this anymore, if you or somebody you know is the victim of police corruption, abuse, brutality, or whatever, either sue the living hell out of that police department and get that clown fired so he has to drive a school bus for the rest of his life, or take action into your own hands and defend yourself against corruption. We have guns for a reason; cops aren't above the law, if they are doing something illegal and hiding behind a badge, shoot them and get a good nights sleep knowing that you stood up against some power hungry douche. Unfortunately things don't always play out like a movie, and you could easily get injured or killed yourself, so the first thing is probably to take legal action.

I appreciate where you are coming from but it seems like the civilian always loses. Sue the PD, it's the townships tax payers that foot the bill. Get the clown fired? They will get hired by another clown shop, maybe miules away, or move one state over, no big deal, the bad is all behind them. Take action into your own hands? I truly wish you the best. Shoot corrupt cops? LOL! There would be no Law Enforcement left in a week. I agree, legal action is the way to go. It's way farked up in America what LEOs get away with every day of the week. Sad thing is if someone doesn't have a load of cash for lawyers, nothing is going to happen.

I think people use to hope to just get through life without getting some horrible drawn-out illness, accidentally killing someone or getting caught cheating on their wife. These days it's more like people hope to get to their final reward without being thrown in jail for something they didn't do, getting beat down / tazered / shot & killed by a cop, or having a crew of government thugs wrongfully raid their mistaken home in the AM hours while the family pet is shot dead, their children are traumatized, the neighbors go ballistic and a family member catches a bullet.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

Originally posted by TupacShakur

I appreciate where you are coming from but it seems like the civilian always loses. Sue the PD, it's the townships tax payers that foot the bill. Get the clown fired? They will get hired by another clown shop, maybe miules away, or move one state over, no big deal, the bad is all behind them. Take action into your own hands? I truly wish you the best. Shoot corrupt cops? LOL! There would be no Law Enforcement left in a week. I agree, legal action is the way to go. It's way farked up in America what LEOs get away with every day of the week. Sad thing is if someone doesn't have a load of cash for lawyers, nothing is going to happen.

I think people use to hope to just get through life without getting some horrible drawn-out illness, accidentally killing someone or getting caught cheating on their wife. These days it's more like people hope to get to their final reward without being thrown in jail for something they didn't do, getting beat down / tazered / shot & killed by a cop, or having a crew of government thugs wrongfully raid their mistaken home in the AM hours while the family pet is shot dead, their children are traumatized, the neighbors go ballistic and a family member catches a bullet.

The only answer is to give the Military authority to arrest and try police officers via military tribunal. And an authorization that let's the Military use lethal force against police officers if the Military suspects a police insurrection.

You would have to clearly make it apply to only police officers(not Constables or Sheriffs).

-------
The Civilian Justice system won't prosecute bad cop's. So police need to be held answerable to a system that will hold them responsible. While at the same time not be easily susceptible to a "witch-hunt" like hysteria.
edit on 14-7-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

top topics

join