It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aztec God Monolith unearthed in Mexico

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mab22

Excellent find.

I appreciate the ON TOPIC Contribution

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This monolith appears to be of standered size however I feel that the contributions of the aztec to man have only just begun.
edit on 13-7-2011 by FLUFFYONE because: forgot username

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Guys.... if you want to comment on Gobekli please go here:
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread689549/pg1

Meanwhile, can we get back to Tlaloc?

It's an interesting article, Slayer, and I appreciate the closeup of the object. I don't recognize the symbols on the stone (Mesoamerica isn't one that I'm up on.) Tlaloc, interestingly enough, is one of those deities who appears in many cultures in the Americas and his symbol (stylized thunderhead with eyes) is found in a lot of rock art.

I had read that Tlaloc's symbol is found up and down the Colorado... one of those tidbits you trip across in a book and want to follow up on. At this point I don't know if it represents an idea flowing from Central America and Mexico up to the pueblos of the Southwest or if he's an older deity that went from the land bridge and the west coast of the Americas down to Mexico and beyond.

Hmm. Should probably go on a Quest to Find Out sometime, shouldn't I?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I've said it before and I will say it again, eventually we will dig up something that will turn the archeological and historians world upside down. Something massive happened a long time ago that flipped what civilizations at the time up and over and they had to restart with what they remember. Baalbeck (there is no reason for them to build with 2,000 ton stones and how did they move them) and the Pyramids and other areas of the world that have unexplained things built and still standing. Here's something to ponder, everyone know the AMC series zombie series The Walking Dead that came out last October (it will be coming out for season 2 this October 11). Anyway it was a good series and everybody loved it, It dealt with a band of survivors that is trying to survive in a world where a virus has turned almost all of the people into zombies. Throughout the series you see these people having to live in a world that they help built, but living like nomads and having to do without the things that made life simple (even hot water), no internet etc. etc.. Now unless you have in this small band every discipline known to man in every science and engineering science, the arts and everything else, it would be nearly impossible to start things over again like how your world left off.

Eventually you would be back to in our case at the start to the horse and buggy and building things from wood and rocks. And over the years and decades as you have children and try to teach them about the world they used to know what knowledge would get watered down and eventually be interpreted to the point that their children childrens will be traveling in a world of mysterious tall buildings and wondering what was this used for or using it wrong because they don't know better. What if this happened in the distant past and most of us have (as Graham Hancock said) Amnesia about our past. Knowledge becomes fact, fact becomes stories, stories become legend and legends become religion. Whatever they have tried to pass down has become so distorted that over the fog of time a simple flashlight became the thunderbolt of Zeus or whatever. So just imagine 50 of your men and women form a band of 100 people survive a devastiting plague, ten thousand years from now, will your descendants even remember that world let alone if that world truly existed.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Nice find Slayer.

But weren't the Aztecs afraid of pissing Itztli (Stone God) off by carving "Images" of other Gods?

"Those ungrateful, polytheistic Barstewards"
He's probably thinking.
edit on 14-7-2011 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

Well said hoghead cheese
but people would sooner live a lie than admit they are wrong.
Interesting thread though.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join