It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glimpses of future gas price..just read

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Every now and again I have glimpses of my own future and where I'll be and what I'll see. Anyways, I can't approximate when but I saw a gas station's price at $2.34 a gallon in the future. Good luck to all, I'll have to find a job closer to home.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
oh by the way that is in Oklahoma, gas is cheaper here than most areas of the United States.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I try not to be mean, but your retarded, did you see gas prices on the news thats a common price.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
well....compare to the current $1.74 here, it is an increase .60 cents which is considerable for the area. If this area has an increase of .60 cents then the rest of America will have a significant increase also. Sorry if I wasn't specific on the differences in prices around America, moron.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The state of Oklahoma is one of the most fortunate states to have lower gas prices.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I hate this gas price BS.....We have this stupid tax-cut on gas prices that only lasts for so long in Florida - right now the average is about $1.90, but in a week it will be right back up to $2.11 or more...

BUT If i drive 15 minutes north to Thomasville, GA, I can get cas for $1.70 without any fu**ing tax cut - ^%$*$I&$$$#^%$&*!!

[edit on 8/12/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Guess I'm lucky to be in an area where the gas is only 1.68 to 1.71 a gallon. When you factor inflation into the gas price, I believe I read that the 80's had the highest gas prices. I forgot the exact number but if inflation were factored in, I think that might put the price around 2.50 a gallon to equal the highest price we've paid so far. Someone correct me if I'm off a little on the highest inflation adjusted gas price.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Am i correct that you mean regular unleaded gas?

The price of oil/gas has significant impacts on the economy. It affects the average citizen, virtually all of whom drive. It affects trucking which represents a large portion of the shipping in this nation. It affects heating oil prices which many people use to heat their homes.

The global petro mafia monopoly that has infected the US government and holds America hostage has to be kicked in the gut so alternative energy sources can be fully explored and developed.

If we don't do that we stand a good chance of becoming a second or third rate economy in the longer term. Nations that are ready to switch to alternative energy sources will be less subject to crippling geo-political events.

kix

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Gasoline in Mexico costs 2.34 a gallon and is even more expensive in Europe, quit crying...just accept the real price of gas (that by the way is considered to be around 7. 44 a galon)

You have lived in disneyland for too long hence the BIG SUVs.....

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
What is with the attitudes from the new folks lately? What is your problem guys? Lighten up.

I don't believe calling someone retarded is very good etiquette. NOT NICE!

I agree the gas prices are high, but average compared to the price of a barrel crude oil at $45

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I get gas for around 2.02, 2.34 isnt even all that bad
a gallon of water is about the same price or more in a grocery store. 2 liters of soda is more than gas but nobody is complaining.
I spent $27 last time i filled up my tank.. although i had so little gas i didn't know if i'll have enough to make the 4 minute drive to the gas station

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Am i correct that you mean regular unleaded gas?

The price of oil/gas has significant impacts on the economy. It affects the average citizen, virtually all of whom drive. It affects trucking which represents a large portion of the shipping in this nation. It affects heating oil prices which many people use to heat their homes.

The global petro mafia monopoly that has infected the US government and holds America hostage has to be kicked in the gut so alternative energy sources can be fully explored and developed.

'Alternative' fuel vehicles are operational and on the road. A few things are needed now.

1. much stricter mandatory miles per gallon requirement on vehicles
  2. a two or three dollar tax added on gasoline
  3. another smaller tax added on to the price of gasolines that are higher than regular quality
  4. Federal requirements to have a large number of new cars sold be 'alternative' fuel vehicles

Otherwise there is really no motivation for the public to get these vehicles. Its all about economics. When the price of gas reaches a certain limit, it will no longer be affordable or logical to get a gas only car compared to the multiple alternative cars. Obviously tho, this limit is probably pretty high, considering the ludicrous gas prices in europe. Although, the europeans fund social programs with this money I beleive, so prehaps the average consumer factors that in on some level (well, perhaps).

If we don't do that we stand a good chance of becoming a second or third rate economy in the longer term.

The corporate capitalist overlords want to ruin the economy which they use as a power base?

Nations that are ready to switch to alternative energy sources will be less subject to crippling geo-political events.

THATS the real issue. Irregardless of price, or even the serious concern of pollution, the horrible geo-poltical consequences of being so reliant upon oil far far outweight the benefits of continuing to use it. The entire global 'geostrategic' situation will be completely and utterly changed if oil is no longer a strategic resource.

Keep in mind however that electric vehicles are really just fossil fuel vehicles. The electricity is overwhelmingly supplied via fossil fuels (mostly coal, but there are even diesl power plants). Fuel Cell technology, once the public starts purchasing it, will have far reaching effects. (don't get me wrong, I don't think everyone is going to be singing and holding hands once it becomes more popular).

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
$2.40 to $2.49 for premium unleaded on the east end of long island.

y'all should stop complaining about your buck 80 prices.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I also live in FL and we have a temporary price break right now. I am just curious what it will be when it goes up to the standard rate.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kix
Gasoline in Mexico costs 2.34 a gallon and is even more expensive in Europe, quit crying...just accept the real price of gas (that by the way is considered to be around 7. 44 a galon)

You have lived in disneyland for too long hence the BIG SUVs.....

I lived in Europe as a military brat....I know how much more expensive it is - we were given ration coupons for gas, coffee and other items - but this is not a true arguement for US consumers IMHO - Not only do most people living outside of the US not own a car, but it makes more sense not to given the better forms of public transportation..

The price of gas over the last 50 years has been slowly increasing - not dramatically or insanely increasing - economically it doesn't make much sense....sure there's supply and demand, but there's plenty of supply (for now).....and we're robbing Iraq of it's oil - where's the the temporary drop? I don't expect to pay $1.10 again....but $1.50, $1.60 - that would be nice.

Relatively speaking, I realize that gas is cheap - and that if the market will bare it, the prices will increase - but if suddenly CDs tripled in price, I'm betting either people would go back to tapes or a newer and cheaper format would become available - if prces don't drop, then I'm guessing that's what's going to have to happen - I can't afford $40 a week just for gas much longer....

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hi all!!

Well UK prices are around �0.80 per litre, or around $1.4 a litre. According to this site there are about 4 litres to one US Gallon, so I guess we are paying around $5.50 per gallon over here?? (Unless my math messed up!).

For comparisons across Europe, please look at this site

Welcome, as they say, to the "real world"!!

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
You are paying 0.80 euro per litre !!! holy smo thats $1.30 CAD. Im not sure but i think the highest it got around here was $0.9 but it has gone down a bit lately. Good thing Edmonton has alot of oil!!

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirKillallott
You are paying 0.80 euro per litre !!! ...

Consider yourself very fortunate - run the "gas guzzlers" while you can!!

Actually, the price is around �0.80 (ie 80 pence or 0.8 *pounds*, rather than euro's, which we don't "use" yet). And, as there are (currently 1.00 GBP (United Kingdom Pounds) = 1.49157 EUR) then I guess it's even worse than you feared!
(From this site

SFX: "Buddy, can you spare a dime" sung softly in the background!!

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
-_- ur kidding me thats $1.9 CAD. Your paying two bucks a litre here. Er yea i thought i had it bad... Forget it you guys are screwed lol. Want 20L that $40 please. Uh i dont think so i dont have that kinda money. Guess its time to walk to work!!

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Why are you people allowing this? You say, "You can spare a dime". Think about the people less fortunate than many of you. The people that make $5.15 an hour, thats 2.9 gallons of gasoline at $1.74/gallon. Just because you can afford it doesn't others can. So, we can't allow this to continue and being satisfied isn't helping anyone.
And to the people in England, we don't all drive SUV's!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join