It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time for the next U.S. Revolution to begin? Remember the phrase, Haste makes Waste

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
With the advent of Multi-Media, people’s opinions are no longer confined to the editorial pages or conversations at the local Bar. Just a quick example.

We have WikiLeaks, Anonyomous, LULZSEC, etc. All pushing their agenda.

We have the Sovereign Citizen movement, Oathkeepers and various Miltia groups, some good, some bad. All pushing their agenda.

We have Republicans, Democrats, Liberals, conservatives, gay rights, animal rights, etc. All pushing their agenda.

Conspiracy theorists, Conspiracy debunkers, Anarchists, CAIR, etc. All pushing their agenda.

The list goes on and is too long to post.

I believe that we are in the initial growing stages of actual worldwide communication and as such, it is a noisy house with everyone trying to get their point across and it is actually dividing the populace, rather than uniting it. I believe that while the internet is a great thing, it may also be the tool that is used to finally subjugate us.

I can see that, concerning those in the government, that they would use this dissension to push their agenda, create false flag ops, passing executive decisions that hinder, rather than help, and release statements that further cement their position through a media that is in their pocket and organizations that continue their propaganda campaign.

Both sides, if there are only two; use these tactics at local, state and federal levels.

My suggestion would be that everyone make preparations, but calm down. Things change all the time and we should look to the future with clear and optimistic, yet cynical eyes. There is a place for everyone’s opinion. That is one of the things that have been Americas blessings throughout its existence. We are in a period where we must make a personal decision, based upon our own morals and ethical behaviour.

However, if things do not get better within the next 5-10 years or so, then maybe it will be time to refresh the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
There are some things I think should happen. Some people should do some stuff. Then something would no longer be around to cause problems, and we can make a new something.

Unfortunately I am not allowed to be more specific because of the terms and conditions of this board.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

However, if things do not get better within the next 5-10 years or so, then maybe it will be time to refresh the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants.

If things do not get better within the 5-10 weeks would be more appropriate in my opinion. With how fast the events goes on on an economical plane, political, international, and so on, we will see drastic changes. The point is people are starving, the rich is richer, the poor poorer and everything seems to go deeper and deeper and deeper.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Can you have an organization without an agenda to build it around? I think about your point all of the time, is the harm of global communication worth the good that may come of it?

I think that it boils down to the old balance. Good and bad. I would have to say that at this time, the bad is prevailing in an unimmaginable way, but only because it donned the mask of good.

It seems that every bit of good that is done is capitalized on which is bad. Then when bad is done, it is still capitalized on, which is also bad. The greed of the world has discovered how to gain the upper hand in some enigmatic way regardless of the good or bad that has occurred to assist it.

All of the information/disinformation that is at our disposal is at times overwelming. It must be searched objectively, or you will be consumed by the depths of the metaphorical "rabbit hole".

I think revolution is inevitable, the scale of the revolution is truly the question. Will a nation stand against the greed that corrupts all organizations and defiles their agendas? No, because the majority of that nation doesn't see the symbiotics of greed and capitalism. They don't even realize that the standard of living in America is an illusion that can be turned off at any time.

The majority won't put up a fight, just in the hopes of having their standard of living sustained. A few of us fully know and understand that it is not sustainable, we will be the ones to revolt, but I believe we will be crushed easily.

The rest will realize all too late.

It just seems impossible, and I hope I am wrong.
edit on 12-7-2011 by Bobaganoosh because: elaboration

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
There will NEVER be another armed revolution in the United States. The majority of people are brainless drones obsessed with Facebook, American Idol, nightclubs, Dancing with the Stars, etc.

You could never get those people to go without those things for even a week, let alone a year(s).

Go watch the movie The Patriot, but 1/3 the way through pretend everyone said "Screw this, I wanna go watch TV" and turn it off.

Someone could declare themselves a dictator in the United States and burn the Constitution on LIVE TV, and people be pissed until about 9 PM (or whatever time Jersey Shore starts).
edit on 7/12/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

Stick your head in the sand. You have lots of company. You'll be the one cowering in fear when those of us committed to throwing these bums out will be fighting - for you and your brainless friends.

Go head and thank us now. You might not get a chance later.

edit on 12-7-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Learn to read before you attack me.

Go read what I said again. I never said I was one of those people.
edit on 7/12/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Let's not forget, the American Revolution was perpetrated by less than 5% of the people.

It was just like now. About ten percent liked it the way it was, (Tories) the other 90 percent didn't care, didn't understand, didn't want to rock the boat.

Just takes a few with some cojones.

Question is, are there even that many?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bobaganoosh
Can you have an organization without an agenda to build it around? I think about your point all of the time, is the harm of global communication worth the good that may come of it?

I think that it boils down to the old balance. Good and bad. I would have to say that at this time, the bad is prevailing in an unimmaginable way, but only because it donned the mask of good.

It seems that every bit of good that is done is capitalized on which is bad. Then when bad is done, it is still capitalized on, which is also bad. The greed of the world has discovered how to gain the upper hand in some enigmatic way regardless of the good or bad that has occurred to assist it.

All of the information/disinformation that is at our disposal is at times overwelming. It must be searched objectively, or you will be consumed by the depths of the metaphorical "rabbit hole".

I think revolution is inevitable, the scale of the revolution is truly the question. Will a nation stand against the greed that corrupts all organizations and defiles their agendas? No, because the majority of that nation doesn't see the symbiotics of greed and capitalism. They don't even realize that the standard of living in America is an illusion that can be turned off at any time.

The majority won't put up a fight, just in the hopes of having their standard of living sustained. A few of us fully know and understand that it is not sustainable, we will be the ones to revolt, but I believe we will be crushed easily.

The rest will realize all too late.

It just seems impossible, and I hope I am wrong.
edit on 12-7-2011 by Bobaganoosh because: elaboration

All valid points. But it will take higher unemployment and higher taxes, at the same time to really start waking up the populace.

I know people who tell me that they would revolt in a heartbeat, but "I just can't right now as I have to get to work."

new topics

top topics

join