It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange light and other objects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hey all - Just wanted to share a video I shot a couple weeks back. I went to have a smoke on my balcony and saw this very large bright moon like light that looked a bit odd. I decided to record for the heck of it, and before I knew it more 'star' like objects shot up and hovered, blinking in and out. Its a bit shaky but its the best I could do in the spur of the moment and not to mention I was half asleep as it was 2:34 am when this happened.

Im not jumping ot any conclusions on what this is, but maybe you all could help me out.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
nothing seems to move except the camera
sorry if i missed it but just looks like the camera moving not the lights
the 40 sec mark and the part where it says look at bottom right corner they look the same as the 40 sec mark but the camera has just being turned half way around
edit on 12-7-2011 by darbur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Sounds like the crickets are having a rave

No offense but it is hard to tell where the camera is pointing. It could be street lights on a hill for all I know.
edit on 12/7/11 by Borag the Horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Hello. First post!

This is clearly a deliberate (and poor) attempt at a hoax.

At the 1:00 mark, the camera is turned 90 degrees clockwise. You can tell really easily by the yellow(ish) and red lights at the top right. They are the same lights from the bottom right at the beginning.

Sorry - not so easily fooled!!!

edit on 12-7-2011 by WhatAliens because: can't tell left from right!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
In no way, shape or form did I attempt to hoax anything. The area i was filming is complete flat land. its in Kalamazoo, Michigan - Not many, if any hills in the area. As far as the camera angle, that doesnt account for the actual movement and seperation of the lights themselves. What would I gain from hoaxing a UFO video? My main focus was the large bright light to begin with - the moving lights were a added suprise and I didn't even see them until I watched the video today. Regardless, thanks for taking a look..

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatAliens
Hello. First post!

Well thanks for joining!

This is clearly a deliberate (and poor) attempt at a hoax.

The only thing I did deliberately was film this. Im not a hoaxer and am very skeptical of things like this myself. Like I said in my OP, I wasn't sure what this was and just asked for help or any ideas.

At the 1:00 mark, the camera is turned 90 degrees clockwise. You can tell really easily by the yellow(ish) and red lights at the top right. They are the same lights from the bottom right at the beginning.

If that were the case, ALL of the lights would be in the same position vertically as they were horizontally, and they're not. If the angle of the camera changed at all (sometimes slight movements with an iphone or any other smart phone while filming will move the angle itself) it wasnt done intentionally.

I never claimed these lights were some kind of alien space craft or anything else spectacular, i just thought the video was interesting and i'd share with my pals here at ATS. I dont know exactly what it is/was either. To call me an intentional hoaxer is far from the truth.

Sorry - not so easily fooled!!!

No one is trying to fool you. All that I asked was to hear peoples opinions and ideas so we can figure this out.

Just relax, we're all on the same team here...

edit on 7/12/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Well thank you for sharing Ziggy.
I for one believe you seen something. Its just hard to tell what you saw in the vid for others, I guess.
Well, kinda the same for me...

I mean.. I see strange lights all the time. Like on the 4th before the fireworks went off, while the sun was about to set. I seen a white/blueis light streak across the sky. At first I thought it was a chopper. But after a few seconds it was gone. It was about the level choppers fly, but clearly not one. It was maybe about a mile to half a mile away. So who knows lol

Ok, thanks for sharing what you saw. Keep it up!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

Thanks buddy. I appreciate your work around these boards and it means a lot. IF i get the chance to film something like this again i'll do my best to get a better shot

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I humbly retract my accusation of a deliberate hoax then

But the video is definately rotated. It just looks like someone turned off the brighter light from the bottom left in the earlier part of the video.

No offence intended!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

No prob man. Thanks lol

Yeah, also there has been on the "tube" a couple of chicks who would put the cam sideways wile recording, and saying the moving cars and street posts are ufos. In my opinion they sound drunk and on a good one LOL

Its just someone posted here and that reminded me of them, when they said you were doing that lol

... and yes keep trying to get a good vid.
I wish I recorded what I saw instead of just taking a pick. Cuz when that thing shot up and once it came at us changing shape (like what U see on the tube) you would have flipped out like I did LOL but then again, people would just say its cgi

Ok thanks again

edit on 12-7-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: spelling

new topics

top topics

join